collapse

Author Topic: random thoughts thread  (Read 39307 times)

Offline gaden

• Administrator
  • Mini Slum Lord
Re: random thoughts thread
« Reply #140 on: July 25, 2016, 09:34:07 AM »
I believe I've banned the cousin man's earliest ancestors.

Offline SailorNeptune

• Administrator
« Reply #141 on: July 25, 2016, 01:13:28 PM »
Welcome back Nghi!  We miss you!!

Offline Senorita Rosa

« Reply #142 on: August 27, 2016, 11:09:30 AM »
I started to notice that the Polish or Russian language pop up in other thread. How do they discover the Asian site? 

Offline gaden

• Administrator
  • Mini Slum Lord
« Reply #143 on: August 27, 2016, 11:25:04 AM »
I believe they are just foreign exchange posters.

Offline Senorita Rosa

« Reply #144 on: August 27, 2016, 01:07:12 PM »
I believe they are just foreign exchange posters.

I wish to understand what they say.  :|

Offline 大越

• Vietnamese
« Reply #145 on: August 27, 2016, 02:15:56 PM »
Northern Vietnam is such a geographically beautiful place.
I'm a fobulous fob

Offline Nghi4D

« Reply #146 on: December 19, 2016, 08:42:58 AM »
just thought i'd pop in to wish my fellow vietnamese a safe and happy holidays!

what's everyone been up to?

damn SailorNeptune looking niceeee in that pic!

Offline Nagash

• Filipino
« Reply #147 on: December 19, 2016, 12:29:53 PM »
Northern Vietnam is such a geographically beautiful place.

Southern vietnam has better beaches

Offline gaden

• Administrator
  • Mini Slum Lord
« Reply #148 on: December 20, 2016, 09:05:00 AM »
just thought i'd pop in to wish my fellow vietnamese a safe and happy holidays!

what's everyone been up to?

damn SailorNeptune looking niceeee in that pic!

Merry Christmas Nghi.  Wish the best of time for your new baby and family. 

Where's Sang?

Offline Qu Đơn

« Reply #149 on: December 26, 2016, 08:19:12 AM »
chúc mừng giáng sinh và năm mới to all you guys.   :)  I had been busy but have come back to keep this site going.  I bet yall miss me a lot.  :)

Offline NT

« Reply #150 on: December 26, 2016, 12:33:43 PM »
sup fammm, long time no post.

but yeah. frock Christmas now that I am a minimalist. I save all money and live on little as possible. I aint buying golly even on christmas no matter how tempting they try to temp me. None of my friends will receive any gifts from me, because I am the gifts in their lives. All the people that has me in their life are already blessed enough.

Anyways, being working 60 hours a week fam. so one day I have kids they'll have a place to live, food on the table, and a roof over their head. We ain't bouta be no damn trailer trashes.

AWWWW YEAHHH

Offline Believe

« Reply #151 on: December 26, 2016, 02:06:03 PM »
The weather is too warm as well NT. My can of soda used to freeze on the hood of the car Christmas day a decade ago, but last night's temperature is in the low 60s!!

sup fammm, long time no post.

but yeah. frock Christmas now that I am a minimalist. I save all money and live on little as possible. I aint buying golly even on christmas no matter how tempting they try to temp me. None of my friends will receive any gifts from me, because I am the gifts in their lives. All the people that has me in their life are already blessed enough.

Anyways, being working 60 hours a week fam. so one day I have kids they'll have a place to live, food on the table, and a roof over their head. We ain't bouta be no damn trailer trashes.

AWWWW YEAHHH

Offline Nagash

• Filipino
« Reply #152 on: January 14, 2017, 09:15:32 PM »
@大越

Prince Valiant...

put some respek on my name and stop accusing people of being me

That's ejay. He's jealous Viets score higher on PISA and on all other international academic tests than his own people.

You can ban him again but he will come back with another name.

http://www.eastbound88.com/showthread.php/46631-NEA-Vs-SEA-Girls!/page2

Offline Lavender

« Reply #153 on: January 19, 2018, 02:41:34 PM »
I just learned a female cat is called a queen.

but we call a female dog a beach.

Offline gaden

• Administrator
  • Mini Slum Lord
« Reply #154 on: January 19, 2018, 03:35:09 PM »
a male dog is a dog.  Why does it sound OK to call a guy a dog or stud but condescending to call a gal a beach?

Offline Lavender

« Reply #155 on: January 19, 2018, 04:31:53 PM »
misogeny. people don't like assertive women.

Offline gaden

• Administrator
  • Mini Slum Lord
« Reply #156 on: January 20, 2018, 08:29:55 PM »
I just learned that Texans invented the hamburger.  Yeehaw!  All you guys who's eating hamburgers should stop eating hamburgers and appropriate our culture.  Ya'll should be sending us royalties and stop stealing.

Also, the chilli without beans is a Texas invention.  Anyone seen eating chilli without beans should be whipped.

Offline Lavender

« Reply #157 on: January 22, 2018, 04:50:00 PM »
wrong. there were several claims all a derivative of the hamburg steak from germany. In american none of the claims were from texas.

Hamburg steak is a patty of ground beef. It is closely similar to the Salisbury steak. Made popular worldwide by migrating Germans, it became a mainstream dish in around the start of the nineteenth century.

According to Congresswoman Rosa DeLauro, the hamburger, a ground meat patty between two slices of bread, was first created in America in 1900 by Louis Lassen, a Danish immigrant, owner of Louis' Lunch in New Haven, Connecticut.[7] There have been rival claims by Charlie Nagreen, Frank and Charles Menches, Oscar Weber Bilby, and Fletcher Davis.[8][9] White Castle traces the origin of the hamburger to Hamburg, Germany with its invention by Otto Kuase.[10] However, it gained national recognition at the 1904 St. Louis World's Fair when the New York Tribune referred to the hamburger as "the innovation of a food vendor on the pike".[9] No conclusive argument has ever ended the dispute over invention. An article from ABC News sums up: "One problem is that there is little written history. Another issue is that the spread of the burger happened largely at the World's Fair, from tiny vendors that came and went in an instant. And it is entirely possible that more than one person came up with the idea at the same time in different parts of the country."[11]

Louis Lassen
Louis Lassen of Louis' Lunch, a small lunch wagon in New Haven, Connecticut, is said to have sold the first hamburger and steak sandwich in the U.S. in 1900.[12][13][14] New York magazine states that "The dish actually had no name until some rowdy sailors from Hamburg named the meat on a bun after themselves years later", noting also that this claim is subject to dispute.[15] A customer ordered a quick hot meal and Louis was out of steaks. Taking ground beef trimmings, Louis made a patty and grilled it, putting it between two slices of toast.[9] Some critics like Josh Ozersky, a food editor for New York Magazine, claim that this sandwich was not a hamburger because the bread was toasted.[16]

Charlie Nagreen
One of the earliest claims comes from Charlie Nagreen, who in 1885 sold a meatball between two slices of bread at the Seymour Fair[17] now sometimes called the Outagamie County Fair.[16] The Seymour Community Historical Society of Seymour, Wisconsin, credits Nagreen, now known as "Hamburger Charlie", with the invention. Nagreen was fifteen when he was reportedly selling pork sandwiches at the 1885 Seymour Fair, made so customers could eat while walking. The Historical Society explains that Nagreen named the hamburger after the Hamburg steak with which local German immigrants were familiar.[18][19]

Otto Kuase
According to White Castle, Otto Kuase was the inventor of the hamburger. In 1891 he created a beef patty cooked in butter and topped with a fried egg. German sailors would later omit the fried egg.[9]

Oscar Weber Bilby
The family of Oscar Weber Bilby claim the first-known hamburger on a bun was served on July 4, 1891 on Grandpa Oscar's farm. The bun was a yeast bun.[8][20][21][22][23] In 1995, Governor Frank Keating proclaimed that the first true hamburger on a bun was created and consumed in Tulsa, Oklahoma in 1891, calling Tulsa, "The Real Birthplace of the Hamburger."[24]

Frank and Charles Menches

A bacon cheeseburger, from a New York City diner
Frank and Charles Menches claim to have sold a ground beef sandwich at the Erie County Fair in 1885 in Hamburg, New York.[16] During the fair, they ran out of pork sausage for their sandwiches and substituted beef.[17] Kunzog[who?], who spoke to Frank Menches, says they exhausted their supply of sausage, so purchased chopped up beef from a butcher, Andrew Klein. Historian Joseph Streamer wrote that the meat was from Stein's market not Klein's, despite Stein's having sold the market in 1874.[17] The story notes that the name of the hamburger comes from Hamburg, New York not Hamburg Germany.[17] Frank Menches's obituary in The New York Times states that these events took place at the 1892 Summit County Fair in Akron, Ohio.[25]

Fletcher Davis
Fletcher Davis of Athens, Texas claimed to have invented the hamburger. According to oral histories, in the 1880s he opened a lunch counter in Athens and served a 'burger' of fried ground beef patties with mustard and Bermuda onion between two slices of bread, with a pickle on the side.[9] The story is that in 1904, Davis and his wife Ciddy ran a sandwich stand at the St. Louis World's Fair.[9] Historian Frank X. Tolbert, noted that Athens resident Clint Murchison said his grandfather dated the hamburger to the 1880s with 'Old Dave' a.k.a. Fletcher Davis.[17] A photo of "Old Dave's Hamburger Stand" from 1904 was sent to Tolbert as evidence of the claim.[17]

Offline Olive Juice

• Mini Drug Lord
« Reply #158 on: January 22, 2018, 10:55:06 PM »
misogeny. people don't like assertive women.
I quite  like assertive women.  It's much better than being passive aggressive.

Offline gaden

• Administrator
  • Mini Slum Lord
« Reply #159 on: January 24, 2018, 09:34:02 AM »
wrong. there were several claims all a derivative of the hamburg steak from germany. In american none of the claims were from texas.

Fletcher Davis of Athens, Texas claimed to invent the hamburger earlier than the other claimants.  Plus the burger is described as a true burger with fried ground beef patties with mustard and Bermuda onion between two slices of bread, with a pickle on the side.  The other claimants just have a piece of meat between two bread.  That's not much of a burger.  Who would eat a burger with no other condiments?

Fletcher Davis of Athens, Texas claimed to have invented the hamburger. According to oral histories, in the 1880s he opened a lunch counter in Athens and served a 'burger' of fried ground beef patties with mustard and Bermuda onion between two slices of bread, with a pickle on the side.[9] The story is that in 1904, Davis and his wife Ciddy ran a sandwich stand at the St. Louis World's Fair.[9] Historian Frank X. Tolbert, noted that Athens resident Clint Murchison said his grandfather dated the hamburger to the 1880s with 'Old Dave' a.k.a. Fletcher Davis.[17] A photo of "Old Dave's Hamburger Stand" from 1904 was sent to Tolbert as evidence of the claim.[17]

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the previous name of Hochimich city?:

* Recent Posts

The most intelligent Filipino ever lived, Selurong, does not post here anymore by Selurong
[Today at 01:11:36 AM]

NEW EB88 beta layout preview ( 2 week release) by Selurong
[Today at 01:10:04 AM]

Are you offended that our Southeast Asian brothers call us Chinesey? by Selurong
[Today at 12:54:01 AM]

Chinese want to be Filipinos, but do you guys accept them??? by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 11:52:57 PM]

Yên Tử Mountain by Olive Juice
[Yesterday at 09:50:47 PM]

Vietnamese Pronouns by gaden
[Yesterday at 09:38:37 PM]

Christmas songs by gaden
[Yesterday at 09:27:43 PM]

Blacks target Chinese children for murders, Chinese fleeing S. Africa by JA DU ( transracial)
[Yesterday at 08:47:40 PM]

Falun Gong part 2 by Strawberry&Rasberry
[Yesterday at 06:22:09 PM]

I dare you to watch this while eating pizza by gaden
[Yesterday at 05:16:13 PM]

Ngọc Lan by gaden
[Yesterday at 05:04:59 PM]

half of Eastern Cambodia is populated by us? by gaden
[Yesterday at 03:21:52 PM]

This Vietnamese couple should make you feel bad for Friday Saigon Beers habit by gaden
[Yesterday at 02:41:57 PM]

In 10 years, AFF will be known as AFF Vinfast Cup by gaden
[Yesterday at 02:36:58 PM]

Racist attack on Asian in Brooklyn NYC, 2 blocks from Eastbound headquarter by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 12:49:59 PM]

Now I know why my bonsai trees don´t look as impressive by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 05:02:34 AM]

Is reconstructive surgery abhorred in VN? by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 03:55:57 AM]

Nobody in Csvn is free from corruption. by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 03:54:33 AM]

Will Vietnam ever escape the middle income category? by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 03:42:24 AM]

Jarai or Jrai ladies infected by vpop by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 03:38:10 AM]

They should stop using skewers for nem nuong, looks disgusting by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 03:33:13 AM]

Pimpmaster said he stopped copying my posts but WTF is this? by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 03:10:29 AM]

Zambia says the US is wrong about China playing the debt trap card by Strawberry&Rasberry
[Yesterday at 01:25:09 AM]

Narcisa Pigarido thanked China, not Jadu by Strawberry&Rasberry
[Yesterday at 01:21:23 AM]

I just realized PhoBolsaTV ripping off content from my Vietrealm posts too WTF by gaden
[December 16, 2018, 10:34:27 PM]

* News Feeds

* snow 2