collapse

Author Topic: Should Vietnamese Americans start our own Vietnamese Heritage Museum?  (Read 727 times)

Offline Qu Đơn

I got a large collection of antique Vietnamese silver cigar humidors, opium pipes, shagreen spectacle holders, old hats I bought from Vietnamese refugee families in the states, Christian Vietnamese mother of pearl inlaid lacquered paintings, silk embroidery, and random Buddhist copper bells from around 1860 to 1940s and fashion accessories from late Nguyen Dynasty.  I would love to donate them if there is a worthy Vietnamese museum somewhere in USA or Europe.  I just need a small plaque that reads "generously donated by Qu Don."  Ideally, I want this set to be on display in Vietnam´s national museum but I do not trust these commie peasants.  I will probably see my collection on Alibaba or Ebay as soon as it is donated.

Offline gaden

• Administrator
  • Mini Slum Lord
No one will go there.  Maybe open one in a University campus or something.

I went to a Hmong heritage museum in Fresno and there was no one there. It was in a small office hidden in some big security building.  There's not even a sign on the door.  I tried to knock on the door for an hour but they won't come out.  They must be practicing the Hmong dance or something.

Offline Qu Đơn

I still believe the best place for a Vietnamese Heritage Museum is somewhere in San Jose or Garden Grove.

Offline Qu Đơn

could this be one? It is near Senter road in San Jose, CA.  I came to this road few times for the coffee and banh mi but have no idea there is an old guy with a "Vietnam museum".  This museum should be within walking distance to Vietnam Town shopping complex.

Offline Qu Đơn

i love this old guy that runs this museum...

at 6:35 minute mark:

"here is a statute of a VNCH soldier, it is only one of its kind. The artist took great care to make his features look like a VNCH soldier, and if you look at his features carefully there is no question that he is Vietnamese.  A lesser artist with lesser skills will not achieve that, and the statute may be mistaken for Chinese or Japanese" hahahaha  =))

Offline Lavender

Wow, the work that this elderly man put in to create this museum is admirable. When I travel up that way, will take a look.

The young guy is also a good interviewer. The young kids here should be taken there. Not enough of this perspective. Instead too much commie propaganda, hence the emrgence of the likes of Prince Valiant.

Offline Lavender

i love this old guy that runs this museum...

at 6:35 minute mark:

"here is a statute of a VNCH soldier, it is only one of its kind. The artist took great care to make his features look like a VNCH soldier, and if you look at his features carefully there is no question that he is Vietnamese.  A lesser artist with lesser skills will not achieve that, and the statute may be mistaken for Chinese or Japanese" hahahaha  =))

Well, I think the nose is a bit too high for vnmese but the hardened feel is there.

Offline Qu Đơn

I understand the purpose of this museum.  It describes the circumstances for why there are Vietnamese people in San Jose so the VN war is a huge aspect of that story.  My vision for a Vietnamese heritage museum will focus more on handicrafts, Vietnamese American literature, Vietnamese diaspora music, political organization, Vietnamese language classes and educational scholarships.  These are things that are important for the future of the community.

Offline Lavender

Yes I think something like this in GG would be awesome. That old man is admirable for doing this As well. Vnmese kids would do well to understand where they come from and democracy is superior than communism. Too many are falling prey to the libtard movement

Offline Qu Đơn

Re: Should Vietnamese Americans start our own Vietnamese Heritage Museum?
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2017, 04:38:08 PM »
Valient Prince is only libtard in theory.  In practice, he is yearning for VNCH reeducation classes.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the previous name of Hochimich city?:

* Recent Posts

NEW EB88 beta layout preview ( 2 week release) by JA DU ( transracial)
[Today at 08:18:45 PM]

china is the new Nazi germany by Strawberry&Rasberry
[Today at 08:13:21 PM]

Trump identified China as the long-term strategic threat: Gen. Keane by Strawberry&Rasberry
[Today at 08:07:14 PM]

The most intelligent Filipino ever lived, Selurong, does not post here anymore by JA DU ( transracial)
[Today at 07:21:27 PM]

Are you offended that our Southeast Asian brothers call us Chinesey? by JA DU ( transracial)
[Today at 07:19:39 PM]

Yên Tử Mountain by gaden
[Today at 05:34:39 PM]

war on chinese-americans by JA DU ( transracial)
[Today at 01:14:36 PM]

Google may have Chinese spies within company, security analyst says by JA DU ( transracial)
[Today at 01:07:03 PM]

Vietnamese Pronouns by arrow
[Today at 10:40:04 AM]

Chinese want to be Filipinos, but do you guys accept them??? by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 11:52:57 PM]

Christmas songs by gaden
[Yesterday at 09:27:43 PM]

Blacks target Chinese children for murders, Chinese fleeing S. Africa by JA DU ( transracial)
[Yesterday at 08:47:40 PM]

Falun Gong part 2 by Strawberry&Rasberry
[Yesterday at 06:22:09 PM]

I dare you to watch this while eating pizza by gaden
[Yesterday at 05:16:13 PM]

Ngọc Lan by gaden
[Yesterday at 05:04:59 PM]

half of Eastern Cambodia is populated by us? by gaden
[Yesterday at 03:21:52 PM]

This Vietnamese couple should make you feel bad for Friday Saigon Beers habit by gaden
[Yesterday at 02:41:57 PM]

In 10 years, AFF will be known as AFF Vinfast Cup by gaden
[Yesterday at 02:36:58 PM]

Racist attack on Asian in Brooklyn NYC, 2 blocks from Eastbound headquarter by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 12:49:59 PM]

Now I know why my bonsai trees don´t look as impressive by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 05:02:34 AM]

Is reconstructive surgery abhorred in VN? by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 03:55:57 AM]

Nobody in Csvn is free from corruption. by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 03:54:33 AM]

Will Vietnam ever escape the middle income category? by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 03:42:24 AM]

Jarai or Jrai ladies infected by vpop by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 03:38:10 AM]

They should stop using skewers for nem nuong, looks disgusting by Qu Đơn