collapse

Author Topic: Bad New Year behaviour shows lack of control  (Read 200 times)

Offline convoy

Bad New Year behaviour shows lack of control
« on: January 10, 2018, 10:00:55 PM »
Bad New Year behaviour shows lack of control

Associate Professor Nguyễn Thị Hương talks to H

Associate Professor Nguyễn Thị Hương talks to Hà Nội Mới (New Hà Nội) newspaper about the importance of proper behaviour in public places

Do you have any comments about efforts by Hà Nội authorities to protect civilised behaviour in the nation’s capital?

As the nation’s centre of culture, economics and politics, Hà Nội reflects thousands of  years of civilisation.

Visitors all express their admiration for the city’s spiritual values through its cultural spaces and events.

In November, 2017 alone, more than 10 cultural events including arts, music, films, paintings and others were organised.

How do you respond to complaints about the poor behaviours of participants at some public events, particularly the recent Countdown to New Year 2018 at Hoàn Kiếm Lake?

Quite a few people have adopted strange behaviour in public places. They throw waste wantonly and laugh loudly as if they were at their home.

I’m sorry to say that the throwing of waste by many Vietnamese has been deeply rooted in backward agricultural practice for thousands of years. So it is not easy to erase it. It will take time.

In my opinion, such a negative phenomenon will gradually be eliminated. We have launched campaigns to persuade people to adopt a new healthy lifestyle, particularly in public places.

A key reason for negative phenomenon in public places is due to the poor behaviour of many people. If we don’t speak out against these acts, it may mean that we condone them.

Do you think there is another reason for poor behaviour in public places?

From the perspective of a management agency, may be the agency only focused on achieving a set result without thinking to mention environmental issues and the protection of public culture. For example, there weren’t sufficient rubbish bins to put  waste, mobile toilets or even first-aid kits.

Last but not least, the organiser should estimate the number of people who will attend a given event to avoid crowd disasters, like the Countdown to New Year 2018 around the Hoàn Kiếm Lake.

In 2017, Hà Nội introduced a code of conduct for public places. But what happed around the Hoàn Kiếm Late at the Countdown to New Year 2018 seemed to show the code was meaningless.

No, I don’t think so. In my opinion, in our code there is no line talking about sanctions against misbehaviour in public places. We should learn from Singapore, Japan, the United States or Great Britain. I’m pretty sure the heavy fines levied would deter bad people from committing acts against public property.

But, what is more important, in my opinion, our information, education and communication activities have not been done properly. They should raise people’s awareness about behaviour in public places and the environmental aspects of throwing waste anywhere.

Last but not least, we need good co-ordination among agencies on environmental protection in the course of building a society ruled by law.— VNS

Offline gaden

• Administrator
  • Mini Slum Lord
Re: Bad New Year behaviour shows lack of control
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 07:42:52 AM »
I'm not sure how the government can regulate loud talking.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the previous name of Hochimich city?:

* Recent Posts

How do you find good domain names for a personal website? by arrow
[Today at 03:22:14 AM]

Vietnam´s map looks too aggressive by arrow
[Today at 03:19:38 AM]

Moped Wedding by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 08:40:49 PM]

Vincity is located in District 9, a ghetto by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 08:25:11 PM]

The reason Vingroup is so loved in Vietnam: selling a dream by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 07:59:52 PM]

How the hell is this guy´s face considered attractive? by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 07:53:29 PM]

In Southeast Asia, only 2 countries have been nice to Vietnamese by JA DU ( transracial)
[Yesterday at 07:30:45 PM]

Bitis Sneakers: The rise of Vietnam domestic brands by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 07:29:09 PM]

Vietnam Bphone3 finally get domestic traction? by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 07:24:30 PM]

Bun Cha Huong Lien aka Bun Cha Obama is now decked out in upperclass interior by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 07:22:19 PM]

Slovakia freezes relations with Vietnam due to abduction in Germany by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 07:11:03 PM]

Southeast Asians should consider themselves a separate continent, Daivietica by JA DU ( transracial)
[Yesterday at 07:03:18 PM]

Thailand, Malaysia join China in military drills, Indonesia, Singapore next? by JA DU ( transracial)
[Yesterday at 06:56:16 PM]

China is playing with fire by JA DU ( transracial)
[Yesterday at 06:51:01 PM]

Putin must be scared looking at China´s old maps by JA DU ( transracial)
[Yesterday at 06:46:07 PM]

China´s New Action Film Shows Jet Domination of China Sea Fighting White Guys by JA DU ( transracial)
[Yesterday at 06:30:21 PM]

POP Music of Kazakhstan, the real Eurasians, please KPOP step aside by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 05:56:18 PM]

China says US should 'think twice' about leaving missile pact by JA DU ( transracial)
[Yesterday at 05:18:48 PM]

nuclear arms race is back on by JA DU ( transracial)
[Yesterday at 05:17:01 PM]

US will officially deploy missiles towards china by JA DU ( transracial)
[Yesterday at 05:06:36 PM]

When will Vietnam update police uniforms? by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 04:50:20 PM]

WTF they painted real wood to look like cheap Ikea plywood by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 04:45:19 PM]

Vietnam special forces training to defeat China by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 04:24:54 PM]

Now I support VN army 100% by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 04:14:46 PM]

Tall models by Lavender
[Yesterday at 11:59:08 AM]

* News Feeds