collapse

Author Topic: Stocks & Trades  (Read 5161 times)

Offline Olive Juice

• Mini Drug Lord
Re: Stocks & Trades
« Reply #80 on: December 22, 2020, 07:20:46 PM »
I'm a trader and an investor.  However, I will flip my position to lock in profits even with stocks I'm intended to hold long.  Obviously, I can collect more shares with flipping.  Do that a few times and I withdraw my initial investment and leaving only "house money" or free shares I've gained.

There's no set number of wiggles between the flag before the stock takes off that I'm aware of.  Some stocks spike after it's been trading around 75% through the flag, some run when it's near the apex of the flag.  I've never seen a stock runs wild midway through the flag.  Usually there is some sort of catalyst that helps propel the stock price higher, so timeframe wise depends on the company's fundamentals, and it's not rare for the flag to be re-drawn and extended before liftoff occurs.

With the bullish pennant, the height of the flag pole gives a rough estimate to how far it reaches, minimum.  But of course there are other indicators that traders should be aware of.  Fibonacci retracements is a great tool to gauge price target and exit point as well as re-enter point.  I'll talk more about fibonacci retracements next time.

Here's a bullish pennant.  You can see the height of the flag pole being applied so traders can expect where to exit.

« Reply #81 on: December 23, 2020, 02:39:10 AM »
Quantumscape is killing it.  But Chinese arbitrageurs will destroy all you small timers next year.

Offline Olive Juice

• Mini Drug Lord
« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2021, 02:00:39 PM »
Another example of a bull flag pattern.  This is my favorite pattern and I've made a killing with this pattern over the past year.  It isn't rare for the stock to cool down after a huge spike.  This is known as a healthy pullback.  I sold after seeing indicators that it would drop and anticipating a bounce back up again.

Offline Olive Juice

• Mini Drug Lord
« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2021, 02:07:26 PM »
And sure enough, it drops and that's where I bought back in.  Then it forms an inverse head & shoulders pattern, the first pattern that Gaden taught me.  Ideally, I like to buy at the bottom, but that doesn't garauntee it won't go lower unless you know, from indicators, that it would bounce back.  For novice traders, it's safer to buy when the price moves above the neck line, right Gaden?

Offline gaden

• Administrator
  • The Grand Lord of Mopeds
« Reply #84 on: January 12, 2021, 04:30:11 PM »
I believe the head and shoulders pattern is an upward trend, so recognizing it and buying at any point above the neckline is OK.  I'm not sure what the mechanics for it is.  Maybe a stock is oversold even on good fundamentals. 

Like when in a housing stock is treated like a tech stock, any bad news will trigger high sellouts.  But savvy investors will know that housing stocks are slow movers because there is always demand for housing, it can never crash.

Offline Olive Juice

• Mini Drug Lord
« Reply #85 on: February 21, 2021, 04:41:13 PM »
Anyone paid attention to the stock market the past several months surely was awared of the huge loss from short seller hedge funds caused by retail investors from reddit and discord servers.  In reality, it was hedge fund vs hedge fund although retail investors had a part in it, riding the waves and capitalized on gains.  Thanks to GME, AMC, SNDL and other stocks, my past 3 months performance reached extreme heights, and we're not done yet.  As a group of thousands, we act similarly to hedge funds when we pool our money with other groups when we make entries in stocks.  Fundamentals were thrown out the window and hedge funds had to adapt and change tactics.

This coming week, we'll attack this under the radar stock with many of our members already taken positions, including myself.  We prefer to trade stocks based on certain technical signals. The middle blue Bollinger Band is our indicator.

Offline gaden

• Administrator
  • The Grand Lord of Mopeds
« Reply #86 on: February 21, 2021, 07:09:27 PM »
The stock market seems to be controlled by the few that's not based on fundamentals.  Value based on consumer confidence and perception is just asking for a fall.  There has to be a way to control the exuberance.

Offline Olive Juice

• Mini Drug Lord
« Reply #87 on: February 24, 2021, 08:24:08 PM »
There's also a need to regulate the illegal practice of naked short selling.  Until that happens, there's always resentments towards hedge funds.  Fundamentals are still a big part of stocks, but the pandemic turned many would-be investors into traders, and fundamentals take a back seat to technical analysis.  With that said, today's huge runs from AMC and GME were due to fundamentals.  I've banked 19k from AMC the past 2 days, and 24.6k for the day.

We have an army of over 50k members in the discord servers, so we need a way to identify each other should we meet in real life.

Offline 1r0n_m4n_xl

« Reply #88 on: February 24, 2021, 08:48:27 PM »
GOOD WORK OJ! I finally found someone here that has the same interest as me.

Going back to trading this march. I missed all the GameStop rally.

Offline Olive Juice

• Mini Drug Lord
« Reply #89 on: February 24, 2021, 09:12:33 PM »
Plenty of opportunities, my friend.  Check this vid out if you're returning to trading.  Major catalyst coming for this stock in April.  I'm currently accumulating as much shares as I can. I'm currently up 29% on this ticker.

Offline 1r0n_m4n_xl

« Reply #90 on: February 27, 2021, 10:26:17 AM »
Plenty of opportunities, my friend.  Check this vid out if you're returning to trading.  Major catalyst coming for this stock in April.  I'm currently accumulating as much shares as I can. I'm currently up 29% on this ticker.

Covid 19 hit me hard because my tenants have not been paying rent. so I had to sell stocks to cover my expenses.

Thanks for everything.

BTW have you tried forex & futures?

Offline Olive Juice

• Mini Drug Lord
« Reply #91 on: February 27, 2021, 06:20:30 PM »
Get ready for some more fun and funds.  All it takes is to be in a running stock and a person can make a year worth of salary in a week.

https://www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/a-new-wave-of-fearless-retail-investors-could-be-ready-to-pour-170-billion-into-stocks-says-deutsche-bank-11614253899

Offline Olive Juice

• Mini Drug Lord
« Reply #92 on: March 02, 2021, 07:19:03 PM »
The market rotates from sector to sector, and March is Bio month.  I was prepared and came out with decent profits on the first day of the month.  In stocks, there's a saying: Bulls make money, Bears make money, Sheeps may make money, Pigs get slaughtered.  I'm not greedy so I took what the market gives and exited my positions before I get slaughtered.

Offline Guess

« Reply #93 on: March 04, 2021, 07:27:01 PM »
The market rotates from sector to sector, and March is Bio month.  I was prepared and came out with decent profits on the first day of the month.  In stocks, there's a saying: Bulls make money, Bears make money, Sheeps may make money, Pigs get slaughtered.  I'm not greedy so I took what the market gives and exited my positions before I get slaughtered.

Yeah don’t be a pig. I sold my western union stocks. Still have Deutschmtelecom. I think it has room to grow. Dtegy.

I just bought gold and paas. I made a small profit from paas in the past. Now it’s high maybe not much more to gain? Everything costs so much now. Lots of prediction for inflation. What do you think?

Name: Email:
Verification:
Why are you here? (I'm lost, I saw light, idn, dumb question):

* Recent Posts

Hong Kong doctor´s instagram flooded with love, claims Cantonese is a language by gnak
[Today at 08:42:06 AM]

Would you wear Vietnam´s Bitis sneakers? Son Tung MTP brand by
[Today at 06:31:38 AM]

Jenny Yang wants USA inundated with illegal aliens by
[Today at 05:19:28 AM]

The North-South high-speed railway should be for both passengers and freight by convoy
[Today at 04:07:08 AM]

Ugly Vingroup LOGO looks so CHINESE CCP FLAG by
[Today at 02:59:55 AM]

Poorer than Alabaman Japanese think they are all "Middle Class" by
[Today at 02:39:16 AM]

Chinese women vowed to never have sex with Chinese men or bear children by
[Today at 12:27:50 AM]

Hà Nội deploys food safety measures by convoy
[Yesterday at 10:05:32 PM]

I almost got scammed by a plumber by Guess
[Yesterday at 06:21:27 PM]

Vietnamese & Koreans needs to distance themselves from the Chinese. by Guess
[Yesterday at 06:12:32 PM]

So many Compton outreach. by Guess
[Yesterday at 06:11:00 PM]

KOREANS are waking up! Qu Dons I am not Chinese T-shirt will save lives! by 1r0n_m4n_xl
[Yesterday at 02:40:56 PM]

Viet Gs should take lessons from the LATIN KINGS pushing out Radical LEFTy riot by 1r0n_m4n_xl
[Yesterday at 02:34:33 PM]

Asian Hate will stop with this solution by 1r0n_m4n_xl
[Yesterday at 02:27:46 PM]

FILIPINOS started the SINO-phobia worldwide! give us a medal ! by 1r0n_m4n_xl
[Yesterday at 02:17:57 PM]

Worst amusement park I've ever seen by gaden
[Yesterday at 02:14:11 PM]

Intervention? by Guess
[Yesterday at 07:16:27 AM]

This popular streamer is super pretty by Guess
[Yesterday at 07:06:30 AM]

Bulgaria and Việt Nam: Charting the next decade of partnership and solidarity by convoy
[April 15, 2021, 10:52:16 PM]

VN should develop lotus silk technology by gaden
[April 15, 2021, 01:19:10 PM]

* Travel / Food

* Provocative Journalism / Destructive Power

omfg roman dna is soooooo much better than Chick dna by gaden
[April 14, 2021, 02:44:45 PM]

ancient rulers of china were caucasian!!!! by gnak
[April 14, 2021, 07:07:11 AM]

russian pop music by gnak
[April 13, 2021, 03:33:03 PM]