collapse

Author Topic: Proof in the Pics: East Asianization of Southeast Asian woman  (Read 2555 times)

Offline Zen Master

Proof in the Pics: East Asianization of Southeast Asian woman
« on: December 27, 2015, 01:14:12 PM »
http://1happyturtle.com/temporary/pooklook.jpg I was mind'n my own business and listening to Thai radio when *announcement* Fonthip wins Miss Photogenic and for the best National Costume.

Okay I admit I've seen many of these shows as a kid and I used to LOVE THEM.

Now the show is just a sad, sad display of our achievement in plastic surgery and bad fashion.  OFcourse, as a child I couldn't tell if a person had plastic surgery or not they all looked pretty to me and I wanted all my Barbies to wear a crown.

May Asian Americans have chosen to look more western by bleaching their skin, getting eyelid surgery, wearing light brown contact lenses and dying their hair blond/brown.  Now, I've found an example of a Southeast Asian dolled up to look either Japanese, Korean or Chinese.
Beauty isn't only being defined by the media but by political and economic spheres. 

Fonthip Watcharatrakul was East Asianized. The girl is from SAMUT PRAKAN and pretty Thai but she may have some Hainanese blood based on her lastname.

Proof of something strange going on in the pics

COmpletely UNGLAMORIZED [here], a bit made up [here], and finally this is the natural skin town of most Thai women [here].  The photos are official pics from Miss Thailand Universe a contest which selects the country's Miss Universe rep.  As you can see the site is in Thai.

East Asianized [here click on all 6 pics]

NOT THE "SAME" GIRL!!!!  I don't think she had plastic surgery but her look was dramatically altered.

What happened?

I would like to guess:
Her Thai handlers figured she had better chances if she didn't look Southeast Asian.

When it came to her COSTUME boy did they go to town and came up with most hideous mash up of a design as possible.  Some of the colors and textures work ON THEIR OWN but together it just looked sad (T_T).  Prepare yourself... [here] and [here]. 
http://muroku.livejournal.com/122451.html

is this true? your thoughts

if this is true does that mean we are going to see more and more alith anar -worried
@Hazelnut @Strawberry&Rasberry

Offline literallyChina

• Bá-Khiêm
Re: Proof in the Pics: East Asianization of Southeast Asian woman
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 01:25:35 PM »
Southeast Asian women are both westernised and east asianised because from a sociological standpoint, they are beneath the aforementioned groups so we can't blame them for emulating the appearances of populations that are "above" them on a construed hierarchy

It's all to do with the power dynamics between SEA and the other half of Fareast Asia

Offline Nagash

• Filipino
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 01:36:54 PM »
http://1happyturtle.com/temporary/pooklook.jpg I was mind'n my own business and listening to Thai radio when *announcement* Fonthip wins Miss Photogenic and for the best National Costume.

Okay I admit I've seen many of these shows as a kid and I used to LOVE THEM.

Now the show is just a sad, sad display of our achievement in plastic surgery and bad fashion.  OFcourse, as a child I couldn't tell if a person had plastic surgery or not they all looked pretty to me and I wanted all my Barbies to wear a crown.

May Asian Americans have chosen to look more western by bleaching their skin, getting eyelid surgery, wearing light brown contact lenses and dying their hair blond/brown.  Now, I've found an example of a Southeast Asian dolled up to look either Japanese, Korean or Chinese.
Beauty isn't only being defined by the media but by political and economic spheres. 

Fonthip Watcharatrakul was East Asianized. The girl is from SAMUT PRAKAN and pretty Thai but she may have some Hainanese blood based on her lastname.

Proof of something strange going on in the pics

COmpletely UNGLAMORIZED [here], a bit made up [here], and finally this is the natural skin town of most Thai women [here].  The photos are official pics from Miss Thailand Universe a contest which selects the country's Miss Universe rep.  As you can see the site is in Thai.

East Asianized [here click on all 6 pics]

NOT THE "SAME" GIRL!!!!  I don't think she had plastic surgery but her look was dramatically altered.

What happened?

I would like to guess:
Her Thai handlers figured she had better chances if she didn't look Southeast Asian.

When it came to her COSTUME boy did they go to town and came up with most hideous mash up of a design as possible.  Some of the colors and textures work ON THEIR OWN but together it just looked sad (T_T).  Prepare yourself... [here] and [here]. 
http://muroku.livejournal.com/122451.html

is this true? your thoughts

if this is true does that mean we are going to see more and more alith anar -worried
@Hazelnut @Strawberry&Rasberry

That's someone's opinion...no truth to it at all

Offline Zen Master

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2015, 01:37:26 PM »
Southeast Asian women are both westernised and east asianised because from a sociological standpoint, they are beneath the aforementioned groups so we can't blame them for emulating the appearances of populations that are "above" them on a construed hierarchy

It's all to do with the power dynamics between SEA and the other half of Fareast Asia
can this phenomenon in the op also explain why alith anar behaves like how he does for the past decade?

Offline literallyChina

• Bá-Khiêm
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2015, 01:44:12 PM »
can this also explain why alith anar behaves like how he does for the past decade?

We need to look at the sociological aspects of his ethnicity. The Spanish created a caste system in the Phillippines based on ethnicity where Whites were above darker skinned people. This form of discrimination still exists in Philippines today, and is a part of their culture. Their media for example is dominated by hybrid Filipinos and those with White or EA admixture are preferred over a native full Filipino.

Like personally I find it quite disturbing, I don't know why Filipinos aren't against it. If you look at the media of China Korea and Japan they very rarely have hybrids in their media, let alone dominating it, which demeans the native population as to say "you aren't good enough unless you have White or other EA admixture". Basically the less Filipino blood the idol has, the better. It's just extremely insulting for native Filipinos.

Offline Nagash

• Filipino
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2015, 01:53:10 PM »
We need to look at the sociological aspects of his ethnicity. The Spanish created a caste system in the Phillippines based on ethnicity where Whites were above darker skinned people. This form of discrimination still exists in Philippines today, and is a part of their culture. Their media for example is dominated by hybrid Filipinos and those with White or EA admixture are preferred over a native full Filipino.

Like personally I find it quite disturbing, I don't know why Filipinos aren't against it. If you look at the media of China Korea and Japan they very rarely have hybrids in their media, let alone dominating it, which demeans the native population as to say "you aren't good enough unless you have White or other EA admixture". Basically the less Filipino blood the idol has, the better. It's just extremely insulting for native Filipinos.

Lol what's your idea of natives...you force identities of different races and claim Filipinos should be ashamed of not accepting themselves as these races

Offline Zen Master

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2015, 02:04:30 PM »
@Hazelnut
do u think pv is exhibiting alith anar behaviour recently?
any filipino pics u post are cherry picked according to alith anar
any viet pics i post are cherry picked according to pv -shrug

Offline Nagash

• Filipino
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2015, 02:24:04 PM »
@Hazelnut

Well can you blame a white American when a arab is using pics of African Americans to portray what white Americans look like

Offline literallyChina

• Bá-Khiêm
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2015, 02:27:22 PM »
@Hazelnut

There's no point posting pics because unless they look a certain way then to them it's cherry picked. Just post public videos like subways, malls etc.

Offline SailorNeptune

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2015, 03:08:58 PM »
Trolling thread. Topic closed.

* Recent Posts

Vietnamese comedy getting better by gaden
[Today at 09:35:48 PM]

Being skinny is bad? by Lavender
[Today at 04:26:39 PM]

Movie - Cuộc Đời Của Yến by gaden
[Today at 03:02:17 PM]

beer guide by gaden
[Yesterday at 01:46:53 PM]

Southern Wedding by gaden
[Yesterday at 12:25:08 PM]

Lucrative investment policies no longer primary concern by convoy
[July 18, 2018, 10:00:22 PM]

Foreign missions have been misused by convoy
[July 18, 2018, 10:11:57 AM]

South China Sea tribunal ruling clings to relevance: experts by convoy
[July 17, 2018, 10:11:47 PM]

Anyone watching The Debut show? by UniFy(心臓盗人)
[July 17, 2018, 05:07:53 PM]

23andme by gaden
[July 17, 2018, 04:22:34 PM]

Hi There! by gaden
[July 17, 2018, 04:15:13 PM]

chinese guy ranting on vietnamese by IronTree
[July 17, 2018, 02:48:34 PM]

Wow! Hanoi is almost 1st world by gaden
[July 17, 2018, 01:30:02 PM]

What kind of scam is this? by gaden
[July 17, 2018, 01:22:24 PM]

Does this seem right? by JA DU ( transracial)
[July 17, 2018, 08:09:32 AM]

Cute man by JA DU ( transracial)
[July 17, 2018, 08:06:41 AM]

BOT stations will be repositioned in right places by convoy
[July 17, 2018, 04:06:38 AM]

What is the deal with Western Wedding dress? by gaden
[July 16, 2018, 05:19:44 PM]

Instrumental music by gaden
[July 16, 2018, 05:03:12 PM]

Natural calamity prevention needs local people support by convoy
[July 16, 2018, 04:13:21 PM]

which game is better? by bé map