collapse

Author Topic: 2018 Poverty reduction and shared prosperity in Vietnam  (Read 187 times)

Offline ngjm95

Hanoi, April 5, 2018 – Poverty in Vietnam continues to fall, particularly amongst ethnic minorities, who saw their rate of poverty decline significantly by 13 percentage points, the largest decline in the past decade, says a new World Bank report.
“Vietnam has achieved tremendous results in reducing poverty and improving the quality of life for millions. The decline in poverty amongst ethnic minorities is encouraging, and more focused efforts on improving their incomes can further broaden their opportunities and reduce persistent inequalities,” said Ousmane Dione, World Bank Country Director for Vietnam. “The aspirations of those with less opportunities cannot be ignored.
At the same time, the report recognizes that 70 percent of Vietnam’s population is now classified as economically secure, including the 13 percent who are now part of the global middle-class. These income classes are growing rapidly, rising by over 20 percentage points between 2010 and 2017. An average of 1.5 million Vietnamese joined the global middle class each year since 2014, confirming that households continue to climb the economic ladder after escaping poverty. The rise of the consumer class changes society’s aspirations and the focus of the poverty and shared prosperity agenda shifts from combatting extreme poverty to effecting broad improvements in the quality of life and supporting the further expansion of the middle class. Rapid job creation and an ongoing transition to wage employment are driving gains in poverty reduction and shared prosperity.

Better give credit to WB rather than  to some NGO's accusations of failure to lift people from poverty.

http://www.worldbank.org/en/news/press-release/2018/04/05/vietnam-continues-to-reduce-poverty-according-to-world-bank-report

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the previous name of Hochimich city?:

* Recent Posts

Now I know why my bonsai trees don´t look as impressive by Qu Đơn
[Today at 05:02:34 AM]

In 10 years, AFF will be known as AFF Vinfast Cup by Qu Đơn
[Today at 03:57:44 AM]

This Vietnamese couple should make you feel bad for Friday Saigon Beers habit by Qu Đơn
[Today at 03:56:52 AM]

Is reconstructive surgery abhorred in VN? by Qu Đơn
[Today at 03:55:57 AM]

Nobody in Csvn is free from corruption. by Qu Đơn
[Today at 03:54:33 AM]

half of Eastern Cambodia is populated by us? by Qu Đơn
[Today at 03:51:54 AM]

I dare you to watch this while eating pizza by Qu Đơn
[Today at 03:50:17 AM]

Will Vietnam ever escape the middle income category? by Qu Đơn
[Today at 03:42:24 AM]

Jarai or Jrai ladies infected by vpop by Qu Đơn
[Today at 03:38:10 AM]

They should stop using skewers for nem nuong, looks disgusting by Qu Đơn
[Today at 03:33:13 AM]

Chinese want to be Filipinos, but do you guys accept them??? by Qu Đơn
[Today at 03:19:44 AM]

Blacks target Chinese children for murders, Chinese fleeing S. Africa by Qu Đơn
[Today at 03:15:17 AM]

Vietnamese Pronouns by Qu Đơn
[Today at 03:12:15 AM]

Pimpmaster said he stopped copying my posts but WTF is this? by Qu Đơn
[Today at 03:10:29 AM]

Are you offended that our Southeast Asian brothers call us Chinesey? by Qu Đơn
[Today at 03:05:21 AM]

Racist attack on Asian in Brooklyn NYC, 2 blocks from Eastbound headquarter by Qu Đơn
[Today at 02:59:46 AM]

Zambia says the US is wrong about China playing the debt trap card by Strawberry&Rasberry
[Today at 01:25:09 AM]

Narcisa Pigarido thanked China, not Jadu by Strawberry&Rasberry
[Today at 01:21:23 AM]

I just realized PhoBolsaTV ripping off content from my Vietrealm posts too WTF by gaden
[Yesterday at 10:34:27 PM]

Christmas songs by gaden
[Yesterday at 10:27:26 PM]

Universities about to enjoy higher degree of autonomy by convoy
[Yesterday at 10:01:07 PM]

The most intelligent Filipino ever lived, Selurong, does not post here anymore by gaden
[Yesterday at 09:36:39 PM]

Miss Universe 2018 - Miss Philippines Catriona Gray by gaden
[Yesterday at 09:28:31 PM]

Business contact in Shenzhen China by gaden
[Yesterday at 09:27:35 PM]

NEW EB88 beta layout preview ( 2 week release) by Strawberry&Rasberry
[Yesterday at 06:58:59 PM]

* News Feeds

* snow 2