collapse

Author Topic: China can now copy and sell items existed only as ideas on crowd funding sites  (Read 66 times)

Offline gửi về em

https://qz.com/771727/chinas-factories-in-shenzhen-can-copy-products-at-breakneck-speed-and-its-time-for-the-rest-of-the-world-to-get-over-it/

hilarious lmao.  So basically any product that you can see the design the Chinese will basically attempt a copy.  I always thought I will see Ikea survive for another 30 years but this company´s fortune is not going to last even 10 years. 

Yekutiel Sherman couldn’t believe his eyes.
The Israeli entrepreneur had spent one year designing the product that would make him rich—a smartphone case that unfolds into a selfie stick. He had drawn up prototypes, secured some minimal funds from his family, and launched a crowdfunding campaign. He even shot a professional promo video, showing a couple taking the perfect selfie in front of the Eiffel Tower.

But one week after his product hit Kickstarter in December 2015, Sherman was shocked to see it for sale on AliExpress—Alibaba’s English-language wholesale site. Vendors across China were selling identical smartphone case selfie-sticks, using the same design Sherman came up with himself. Some of them were selling for as low as $10 a piece, well below Sherman’s expected retail price of £39 ($47.41). Amazingly, some of these vendors stole the name of Sherman’s product

Offline lalapaluza

Fake goods “are of better quality and of better price than the real names,” Jack Ma said.

Wow, a serious problem. Not easy to litigate since china is not going to enforce something that works against its benefit. I think branding and making your product higher end and unique such as one company using Italian marble for its phone case and sell it for more.

But where you need cheap manufacturing you will have this problem. Maybe should shift to other countries that are not able to make copycat products so fast.

Offline gửi về em

What happens if the fake look, work, and last nearly the same as the real product?  Also, since the Chinese manufacturers come out with this first in production who is the inventor?  This lawlessness plays hugely in China´s favor.  However, as most of the buyers are in the West, these buyers CAN CHOOSE to punish copy cat products by not buying them.  However, I am willing to bet only less than .00001% care.  If it is useful and cheap they will buy it.

Offline gửi về em

This will only come back and buy China in the azz down the road if they do not stop this.  Vietnam will do the same when the Chinese finally have to invent new stuff to sell because nobody is going to care about Chinese companies begging the international community to enforce copyrights.

Offline Strawberry&Rasberry

I don't really understand why the Israeli product chose to crowd source his money.  It's a really easy idea to copy because it practically requires no engineering.  It was a pure concept type of thing and that required a company with ownership rights.

Offline Strawberry&Rasberry

It's like that movie where the actor playing Gates said "Can you steal a steering wheel?  Somebody came out with a steering wheel and then somebody modified the design but eventually someone came out with the best design and everyone started to use it.  Are you going to say that everyone stole the steering wheel?"  Something like that.

Offline lalapaluza

In the developed world ideas are protected by copyright law. Granted an idea maybe a simple one but if you think of it first, the you should be protected for a period of time.

* University Connect

* Recent Posts

City helps firms up capacity by convoy
[Today at 04:03:41 AM]

I went to work today without underwear by 大越
[Yesterday at 10:40:03 PM]

Thổ people by 大越
[Yesterday at 10:39:08 PM]

Is it appropriate to entice a nun or trying to win her love? by gaden
[Yesterday at 10:28:45 PM]

Stinky food by gaden
[Yesterday at 10:26:10 PM]

Unfortunate American influence: I like curvy women by lalapaluza
[Yesterday at 09:51:12 PM]

Why do bac ky girls think it is cool to drink like the boys? by lalapaluza
[Yesterday at 09:50:21 PM]

Is it just me or Vietnamese people totally fail at wedding flower arrangements? by lalapaluza
[Yesterday at 09:23:23 PM]

Chinese guy paid $ 2.45 Million for Dracula´s Virgin Teen by lalapaluza
[Yesterday at 09:14:58 PM]

Vietnam´s neighbors are a bunch of weaklings kowtowing to China by lalapaluza
[Yesterday at 09:10:05 PM]

Does my friend look Vietnamese? by lalapaluza
[Yesterday at 09:07:21 PM]

Cultural Depositers Command No Respect In Our Community by lalapaluza
[Yesterday at 09:04:28 PM]

This Vietnamese Music Video has 167 million views by lalapaluza
[Yesterday at 08:57:12 PM]

Quora (website) is full of self promoters by gửi về em
[Yesterday at 07:44:05 PM]

Bolero music by gaden
[Yesterday at 07:13:30 PM]

Hai Phong banh mi looks like a malnourished version of the OG by gửi về em
[Yesterday at 05:31:06 PM]

Toc Tien´s newest MV Proof that Vietnam internet penetration is maxing out by gửi về em
[Yesterday at 05:09:56 PM]

OMG USA just deported Vietnamese named Chuh A (A is his single letter last name) by gửi về em
[Yesterday at 04:42:37 PM]

* News Feeds

* Realm Love Aquarium

* Play the Snake