collapse

Author Topic: Vietnamese culture you didn't know existed  (Read 129 times)

Offline V-Unit

Vietnamese culture you didn't know existed
« on: September 21, 2021, 02:59:55 AM »
So it's been 50 days since my grandmother died, the 49 days of grieving, mourning and offering are over. Apparently, the deceased is "revived" as a large black moth to check out how you are doing. I was sleeping this morning and when I woke up I found a black moth in my room. I thought it was strange because my door was closed and my window was shut. How could there be a moth in my room?

The saddest thing was, I punched the moth because insect. Now I feel guilty and sad. I didn't kill it, just punched and swore. After that I didn't see it anymore.

I only knew this because I told my dad about it. His relatives in vietnam told him that black moths are also apparent in other east asian cultures like in taiwan, that they are actually the deceased checking and seeing how the kin are doing.

If you ever see a large, black moth after a family member is deceased, don't shove ir away.

fock man I feel bad.

Online gaden

• Administrator
  • The Grand Lord of Mopeds
Re: Vietnamese culture you didn't know existed
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2021, 11:24:21 AM »
I couldn't remember which of my family member's death that I see a butterfly flying inside the house.  I told it to someone and they said butterflies are the sprits of the dead coming back to check on their previous life.

Then they tell of a story of a butterfly and a train or something, I forgot what it was but it was intriguing.

Offline Guess

Re: Vietnamese culture you didn't know existed
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2021, 03:02:01 PM »
I hate moths. They ate my wool carpet. Never seen anything like that in my life.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:

* Recent Posts

* Travel / Food

Is banh xeo a Khmer snack? by CoconutXO
[November 25, 2021, 07:04:04 AM]

* News Feeds

* Provocative Journalism / Destructive Power

No posts were found.