collapse

Author Topic: Vietnamese are more backwards than Pinoy's  (Read 15243 times)

Offline literallyChina

• Bá-Khiêm
Re: Vietnamese are more backwards than Pinoy's
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2015, 10:26:33 AM »
I think Filipinos are generally a friendly a bunch. But I think they can also be quite twisted too, like if there is a corpse on the street, or a terrorist attack, I think a lot of them take selfies with the brutal event in the background.

As for national temperament (this thread is about generalisations anyway), I think they can be quite emotional and expressive. If they are sad, they will cry. If they are happy, they will smile and laugh. This contrasts to Sinospheric countries were open displays of emotions for trivial things are mostly considered child-like and naive. Stoicism is more the norm. I mean you can show emotions and be dramatic but many will think you're humorous, silly, funny or goofy. It's not the normal behaviour especially for males. I think girls might do it for the cute / attention whoring effect. But I'm talking about minor things like if you successfully baked a perfect cake, an East Asian person is not going to jump up and down and do a mini celebration.

Another example I can think of, is if a Chinese or Japanese kid got an A in a test, he will keep a straight face, maybe smile a bit and tell their parents.

I think in the Philippines, the student will let out a huge cheer, "YAAAYYY I GOT AN A!!" take selfies, post it on Facebook, throw a party and all the students circle him to congratulate him and throw confetti at him, or something like that. They might start singing and dancing. So it's more like a Bollywood movie.
[img width=440 height=120]http://orig05.deviantart.net/7f58/f/2011/296/d/0/ta_ge_by_taiyangg

Offline ASEAN Nationalist Party ( honorary Viet)

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2015, 10:50:48 AM »
Yes, it's provocative, but it's the simple truth. I've met some pinoy's and they are more open minded and westernized than viets.
Why does koreans prefer travelling to the Phillipines than Vietnam? Vietnam share many culture similarities than koreans, but still they prefer going to an asian country that doesn't have so much in common with them. The answer is simple: Pinoy's can behave themselves and have in some degree better manners than viets.

outside from countries diplomatic relations.

one the reason why both koreans and filipinos get along is because we are both christianize.. i see alot of korean missionaries spreading evangelicals churches in philippines ... soon philippines will be no longer catholic but a evangelical/protestant christians like koreans & americans. that's one of the reason why you will see thousands of koreans make philippines as their 2nd home..

and main reason is koreans come to learn english .. and they love cheaper spending lifestyle in philippines...beaches & islands , etc..

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2015, 11:03:40 AM »
The problem goes beyond street vendors. Just take a look at the security guards at the airport. They hassle anyone who don't put some cash in their passport. Greed and corruption is a multifaceted problem in Vietnam.

is that normal???

Atreygutten

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2015, 11:20:14 AM »
The problem goes beyond street vendors. Just take a look at the security guards at the airport. They hassle anyone who don't put some cash in their passport. Greed and corruption is a multifaceted problem in Vietnam.

That's very true, Sailorneptune. We have to get rid of these bad traits if we want to develope ourselves.

Atreygutten

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2015, 11:23:35 AM »
I think Filipinos are generally a friendly a bunch. But I think they can also be quite twisted too, like if there is a corpse on the street, or a terrorist attack, I think a lot of them take selfies with the brutal event in the background.

As for national temperament (this thread is about generalisations anyway), I think they can be quite emotional and expressive. If they are sad, they will cry. If they are happy, they will smile and laugh. This contrasts to Sinospheric countries were open displays of emotions for trivial things are mostly considered child-like and naive. Stoicism is more the norm. I mean you can show emotions and be dramatic but many will think you're humorous, silly, funny or goofy. It's not the normal behaviour especially for males. I think girls might do it for the cute / attention whoring effect. But I'm talking about minor things like if you successfully baked a perfect cake, an East Asian person is not going to jump up and down and do a mini celebration.

Another example I can think of, is if a Chinese or Japanese kid got an A in a test, he will keep a straight face, maybe smile a bit and tell their parents.

I think in the Philippines, the student will let out a huge cheer, "YAAAYYY I GOT AN A!!" take selfies, post it on Facebook, throw a party and all the students circle him to congratulate him and throw confetti at him, or something like that. They might start singing and dancing. So it's more like a Bollywood movie.

Good point, but I was thinking about showing emotions in a viet family. I remember when I was younger, and got sick by a flu or something. My mom got angry and didn't showed any empathy. One day I was fed up with that BS, and I confronted my parents on why they got angry on that. They said because they love me and worried about me. But that was their way of showing that they was concern. I think that was a very backward attitude. I assume this is a typical viet traits?

Offline Nagash

• Filipino
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2015, 11:43:17 AM »
Reasons to explain why Filipinos might be more "civilised":

1. Philippines never struggled through wartime devastation like Vietnam did between 1950s-70s

2. Thus, Filipino people never had to adopt a selfish and grasping attitude in order to survive.

3. Philippines has always been relatively wealthier than Vietnam (due to US investment?)

https://www.google.co.uk/publicdata/explore?ds=d5bncppjof8f9_&met_y=ny_gdp_pcap_cd&idim=country:PHL:IDN:VNM&hl=en&dl=en#!ctype=l&strail=false&bcs=d&nselm=h&met_y=ny_gdp_pcap_cd&scale_y=lin&ind_y=false&rdim=region&idim=country:PHL:VNM&ifdim=region&hl=en_US&dl=en&ind=false

because WW2 never happened right??

And NPA comunists & muslim seperatists constantly causing internal conflicts dont happen right??

Offline literallyChina

• Bá-Khiêm
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2015, 01:27:07 PM »
Atreygutten, I don't think Filipinos are more civilised actually. Like other developing parts of Asia, queue cutting is common.

When you say "backwards" I thought you meant more civilised, but actually reading your original post again, you were talking about "open-mindedness", which isn't really the same thing as being civilised.

Murder rates are actually higher in Philippines compared to Vietnam. You are probably safer in Hanoi than in Manila.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate
[img width=440 height=120]http://orig05.deviantart.net/7f58/f/2011/296/d/0/ta_ge_by_taiyangg

Atreygutten

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2015, 01:43:04 PM »
Atreygutten, I don't think Filipinos are more civilised actually. Like other developing parts of Asia, queue cutting is common.

When you say "backwards" I thought you meant more civilised, but actually reading your original post again, you were talking about "open-mindedness", which isn't really the same thing as being civilised.

Murder rates are actually higher in Philippines compared to Vietnam. You are probably safer in Hanoi than in Manila.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

Murder and crimes happens everywhere. Perhaps I'm safer in Hanoi, but in my view, pinoys are more civilized than viets. They express their emotions more honestly than us.

Artemis

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2015, 01:44:22 PM »
 Koreans go to  Phillipines to learn english as far as im aware.  Vietnam is not fluent in  English like the Phillipines. That's about all there is to it i think but im no expert on this.

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2015, 02:58:29 PM »

1) philippines very loose laws on guns ownership.. it's legal to own a gun..
even i had a gun while visiting philippines as ''AMERICAN citizen''.

2)filipinos filipinos actually know how to make guns & cannons.. LOL.. including ME!.
80 percent of guns are imported to U.S & canada..  :)

gun shops/shooting range aren't hard to find..

2)you can walk anywhere in the province at night as a foreigner by yourself, you'll do fine.. :)

most of the bloodhead are done by muslims, anti-government, communist, nationalists party..

Offline Nagash

• Filipino
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2015, 03:03:46 PM »
Actually Davao is the shining light of Philippines...mayor reduced crime there by 90%

Manila is a shwithole...I advise you stay away from there if you value your life. It's a very dirty place run by peranakans and remontados

Iloilo, Cebu, Baguio, Davao are all cities much that make Philippines great.

Offline PrinceValiant

• Vietnamese
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2015, 03:20:14 PM »
I have a Chinese-Filipino acquaintance who would not go back to Philippines for fear of being kidnapped. It has happened to her uncle.
I'm a fobulous fob

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2015, 03:24:40 PM »
in honesty: things we can learn form other people..

1) we lack the discipline that japanese/germans have
2) we almost have no nationalism in our culture outside government nationalism.
3) we don't have racial pride like most asians.. (HAN, yamato,malay, Kinh etc etc.)
that's the main reason why filipinos are the biggest race mixer...

things we need to learn from vietnamese.
1) vietnamese is what would philippines look like under sino-sphere of influence ( culture wise)
but we're under western influence.

Philippines is just ' beginning to think like asians'' after independence..filipinos were breed from birth to act/think/have morals like westerners..

Offline literallyChina

• Bá-Khiêm
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2015, 03:25:36 PM »
Actually Davao is the shining light of Philippines...mayor reduced crime there by 90%

Manila is a shwithole...I advise you stay away from there if you value your life. It's a very dirty place run by peranakans and remontados

I heard Manila people look down on people from other parts of Philippines though. Like if they see another Filipino and ask where they are from, and it's not Manlia, they have this superiority complex and assume you're some backward peasant or something.

I also heard they look down on people who don't speak Tagalog, which is considered the "highborn" / educated / civilised language of Philippines. That is what I read. People who don't speak Tagalog and not from Manila are looked down upon.

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2015, 03:33:35 PM »
I have a Chinese-Filipino acquaintance who would not go back to Philippines for fear of being kidnapped. It has happened to her uncle.

uncle must be from manila.... it's dangerous in the slums there. however i would rather be in manila than harlem, brooklyn, bronx in nyc at night.. lol..

the very 1st you will notice in manila is that '' BANKS'' has police with guns loaded up ready for war..

i'm scared to go muslim areas because i 'm afraid i will get kidnapped..

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2015, 03:42:17 PM »

you forgot to mention that Most '' GAYS & transexuals'' gathers in manila... hahahahahah.

Offline literallyChina

• Bá-Khiêm
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2015, 04:02:43 PM »
The truth is, if a Manilan asks another Filipino where they're from, and their response is NOT Manila, they immediately become more cold. If you can't speak Tagalog (and speak another language like Bisaya or something), then you're treated like a impoverished third world monkey basically. Non-Tagalog speaking peoples are marginalised and are actually looked down upon in the Philippines.

Offline Nagash

• Filipino
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2015, 06:31:44 PM »
The truth is, if a Manilan asks another Filipino where they're from, and their response is NOT Manila, they immediately become more cold. If you can't speak Tagalog (and speak another language like Bisaya or something), then you're treated like a impoverished third world monkey basically. Non-Tagalog speaking peoples are marginalised and are actually looked down upon in the Philippines.

Lol most likely a monkey looking pernakan or remontado from manila Like ocrapdm.
They do that because manilenos secretly envy non-manilenos.

Visayas was the center of advanced society in pre-colonial Philippines...Manila was a swamp..

Offline literallyChina

• Bá-Khiêm
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2015, 06:14:40 AM »
Lol most likely a monkey looking pernakan or remontado from manila Like ocrapdm.
They do that because manilenos secretly envy non-manilenos.

Visayas was the center of advanced society in pre-colonial Philippines...Manila was a swamp..

Dude I read blogs by other Filipinos, and they complain about Manilans and Tagalog speakers as being stuck up and having a superiority complex.

You can't get a respectable job in the Philippines if you don't speak Tagalog. Tagalog is the language of the educated and "civilised". Manilans see themselves as superior to other Filipinos :/

Offline Olive Juice

• Mini Drug Lord
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2015, 08:22:57 PM »
I've known and hung with Tagalogs, Ilocanos and Visayans all my life, and I have never heard or witness of an instance when Tagalogs look down on Visayans as inferior or whatever. 

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Why are you here? (I'm lost, I saw light, idn, dumb question):

* Recent Posts

UNFPA associated with Việt Nam’s achievements in reproductive health by convoy
[Yesterday at 10:10:38 PM]

I scored 10/18 can you do better? by V-Unit
[Yesterday at 08:05:06 PM]

Colonial German soldiers vietnames family by V-Unit
[Yesterday at 08:02:10 PM]

has calling covid a china virus cause asian hate? by Guess
[Yesterday at 05:09:16 PM]

Vietnamese girl is far superior to Chinese, KOrean, Japanese. by Guess
[Yesterday at 04:57:49 PM]

Japan has the best aesthetics by Guess
[Yesterday at 04:54:16 PM]

White american guy rekts 3 viet fools by Guess
[Yesterday at 03:03:29 PM]

Vietnamese culture you didn't know existed by Guess
[Yesterday at 03:02:01 PM]

Viet kieu guys avoid these girls by Guess
[Yesterday at 02:51:22 PM]

Ancestor stories thread by Guess
[Yesterday at 02:46:03 PM]

Does the Tay Son Dynasty have a citadel? by V-Unit
[September 20, 2021, 11:26:11 PM]

and they say korean and japanese buildings are distinctive. by V-Unit
[September 20, 2021, 11:08:04 PM]

do all asians have flat butt? by V-Unit
[September 20, 2021, 10:55:30 PM]

With Zero COVID impossible, Việt Nam should prepare to live with the pandemic: doctor by convoy
[September 20, 2021, 10:37:30 PM]

Has anyone signed this? by V-Unit
[September 20, 2021, 07:32:53 PM]

Tay Son bronze drum by gaden
[September 20, 2021, 04:54:34 PM]

Can we get a better wedding song? by Guess
[September 20, 2021, 02:56:55 PM]

Anyone recognized this old time beauty? by Guess
[September 20, 2021, 02:43:46 PM]

Swagapino represent by Olive Juice
[September 20, 2021, 02:12:35 PM]

So many companies leaving chinoise by V-Unit