collapse

Author Topic: Vietnamese are more backwards than Pinoy's  (Read 15242 times)

Offline literallyChina

• Bá-Khiêm
Re: Vietnamese are more backwards than Pinoy's
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2015, 05:07:25 AM »
That's anecdotal. A lot of blogs I read have commented on the Tagalog superiority complex, which explains why Ejay is always shwitting on them.

"True enough, non-native Tagalog-speaking Filipinos call our capital “Imperial Manila.” This is also one of the reasons why some native Tagalog speakers, being proud that their mother tongue is the basis for the “national language”, would somehow look down on non-native Tagalog-speaking Filipino groups. Has anyone been found guilty of making fun at Visayan-speaking Filipinos and how they speak a Tagalog-based Filipino in their own native accent? My Visayan friend once more reminded me that Visayans seem to bear the brunt of “inday” jokes".

http://www.rappler.com/move-ph/ispeak/66958-filipino-national-language

There is even a Wiki article about it. Manilans and native Tagalog speakers are seen as arrogant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_Manila

"A small number of Cebuanos, ignoring the fact that Filipinos of other ethnolinguistic groups may not speak Cebuano, display intolerant behavior towards Tagalog-speakers, whom they view as arrogant. Filipinos of Visayan origin also use "Imperial Manila mentality" when referring to discrimination by their counterparts in Manila and in other parts of the world against them"

There is indeed a power dynamic in Philippines were Manilans / Tagalog speakers are sociologically above other Filipino groups, unfortunately.
[img width=440 height=120]http://orig05.deviantart.net/7f58/f/2011/296/d/0/ta_ge_by_taiyangg

Offline Guess

« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2015, 10:53:34 AM »
I think it's a culture really. Even Viet in America do this sort of things although not as obvious. It's not really unique to VN culture but it is common in lots of developing countries. It's the chicken or the egg thing. To me it's really the attitude of the people that get them trapped in poverty then b/c of the poverty the petty behavior persists, so its vicious cycle.

I hope there will be more VN who learn from the west or even Japan and effect change in leadership and cultural attitude. it makes me sad really.

Atreygutten

« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2015, 01:28:05 PM »
Just to nitpick a little bit about vietnamese traits(the bad ones): It's impossible to have a viet girlfriend. They don't want sex, because we have to get married first. And some of them are jealous as hell. It's like I have to stick with them 24 hours a day. Then there is those family meetings you gotta show up. Otherwise in her point of viet, she will lose face and be embarresed, if I don't show up.

Offline gaden

• Administrator
  • The Grand Lord of Mopeds
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2015, 01:53:17 PM »
Just to nitpick a little bit about vietnamese traits(the bad ones): It's impossible to have a viet girlfriend. They don't want sex, because we have to get married first. And some of them are jealous as hell. It's like I have to stick with them 24 hours a day. Then there is those family meetings you gotta show up. Otherwise in her point of viet, she will lose face and be embarresed, if I don't show up.

Are you talking about Sailor Neptune?  She's just ridiculous.

Atreygutten

« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2015, 02:00:04 PM »
No, not at all. I'm just saying some portions of viet girls is that way. Yes, there are pretty viets in the homeland, but when I think about how their attitude could potentially be, then they're not so attractive to me. I can't look at them and say they are sexy when I know they can't have sex before marriage and all that old traditional stuff.

Offline gaden

• Administrator
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2015, 02:03:14 PM »
I don'r think Vietnamese girls nowadays are that traditional anymore.  Maybe Vietnamese girls in the West are more traditional, but Vietnamese in Vietnam wants to follow modern Western behaviors.

Atreygutten

« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2015, 02:27:07 PM »
I don'r think Vietnamese girls nowadays are that traditional anymore.  Maybe Vietnamese girls in the West are more traditional, but Vietnamese in Vietnam wants to follow modern Western behaviors.

Maybe in urban areas like Hanoi or Saigon, the girls there are more westernized. But in countrysides, I think the old tradition still lingers there. In a very strong way.

Offline Guess

« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2015, 02:46:40 PM »
Atrey, are you talking about VN girls in Norway or in VN?

All VN girls want financial security. Can't blame them since VN is a poor country and every single vn person I see wants to make money. But I understand it can get to the obsessional proportion and gets annoying.

The jealousy, I think it's more of a control issue rather than true jealousy. They want to know they're prized and the center of the universe. But that's an immature attitude. It's hard for me to tell you whether to stick with VN girls or go to white girls. But, keep trying and one day you will find her.

Atreygutten

« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2015, 02:50:01 PM »
Atrey, are you talking about VN girls in Norway or in VN?

All VN girls want financial security. Can't blame them since VN is a poor country and every single vn person I see wants to make money. But I understand it can get to the obsessional proportion and gets annoying.

The jealousy, I think it's more of a control issue rather than true jealousy. They want to know they're prized and the center of the universe. But that's an immature attitude. It's hard for me to tell you whether to stick with VN girls or go to white girls. But, keep trying and one day you will find her.

I'm talking about viet girls in general. Well, my experience here in Norway, they are a little bit better than the girls in homeland, but they got these other annoying traits that you mentioned. For example: attention freak and a ''center of the universe'' attitude. And they still retain that no sex before marriage thing.....

I prefer norwegian girls btw. And some koreans, cause they aren't that backwards like viets.

Offline Guess

« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2015, 03:25:52 PM »
that's ok, I don't judge. LOL, some VN kids in America are something else. Many of them came at a very young age or even born here but they still has a VN inflection to their English. They only date other VN and the way they talk you'd think they're new comers.

IDK, what do you think about VN people bringing their entire family into a company? I guess there's nothing wrong with it. People are just looking for ways to improve their lot in life. Can't blame them but it always seem strange.

Offline gaden

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2015, 03:28:43 PM »
Vietnamese in VN want to mimic modern "advanced" cultures because they don't want to be looked down upon;  like pasting on lots of makeup, Kpop style, fish face, shun housework, etc..   They might seem frivolous on the outside because they want to look cool but inside they might still be traditional; like obeying parents, greeting people, speak softly, etc...

Vietnamese in Western countries, those with cultural awareness retain traditional values to foster their uniqueness.

Offline gaden

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2015, 10:09:14 PM »
-thumbsup -thumbsup -thumbsup

Wow. makeup is traditional too?  That witch costume seems traditional.

Offline Guess

« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2015, 10:18:35 PM »
she looks kinda like sailorneptune in that pic.

Artemis

« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2015, 11:11:34 PM »
makeupgeek doesnt even look mongoloid or austronesian. she looks white.

is makeupgeek a white woman ?

She looks like martina from this video

! No longer available

Offline Olive Juice

• Mini Drug Lord
« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2015, 05:20:01 PM »
The problem goes beyond street vendors. Just take a look at the security guards at the airport. They hassle anyone who don't put some cash in their passport. Greed and corruption is a multifaceted problem in Vietnam.

That is what I feel most disappointing.  It seems the people had taken on personality from the government after years of being oppressed. At this point, I don't know if even a change of government would do much good if greed and corruption is the way of life for Vietnamese in Vietnam.

Offline gaden

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2015, 08:51:49 PM »
Well, there is a corruption fighting task force.  I believe they've announced that they accomplished great achievements.  That's it.

Offline PrinceValiant

• Vietnamese
« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2015, 08:53:25 PM »
Well, there is a corruption fighting task force.  I believe they've announced that they accomplished great achievements.  That's it.

Maybe the corruption task force was bribed.
I'm a fobulous fob

Offline gaden

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2015, 08:54:22 PM »

Maybe the corruption task force was bribed.

Maybe that's the great achievement that they've accomplished.

Offline gaden

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2015, 09:38:42 PM »
makeupgeek doesnt even look mongoloid or austronesian. she looks white.

is makeupgeek a white woman ?

She looks like martina from this video

! No longer available

I believe most Vietnamese born overseas have different look than native Vietnamese.  It's because of dairy products, they drink gallons of milk every week.  So naturally it affects the bone structure.  I believe most overseas Vietnamese tend to look more Western. 

I thought makeupgeek looks like this girl.
! No longer available

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Why are you here? (I'm lost, I saw light, idn, dumb question):

* Recent Posts

UNFPA associated with Việt Nam’s achievements in reproductive health by convoy
[Yesterday at 10:10:38 PM]

I scored 10/18 can you do better? by V-Unit
[Yesterday at 08:05:06 PM]

Colonial German soldiers vietnames family by V-Unit
[Yesterday at 08:02:10 PM]

has calling covid a china virus cause asian hate? by Guess
[Yesterday at 05:09:16 PM]

Vietnamese girl is far superior to Chinese, KOrean, Japanese. by Guess
[Yesterday at 04:57:49 PM]

Japan has the best aesthetics by Guess
[Yesterday at 04:54:16 PM]

White american guy rekts 3 viet fools by Guess
[Yesterday at 03:03:29 PM]

Vietnamese culture you didn't know existed by Guess
[Yesterday at 03:02:01 PM]

Viet kieu guys avoid these girls by Guess
[Yesterday at 02:51:22 PM]

Ancestor stories thread by Guess
[Yesterday at 02:46:03 PM]

Does the Tay Son Dynasty have a citadel? by V-Unit
[September 20, 2021, 11:26:11 PM]

and they say korean and japanese buildings are distinctive. by V-Unit
[September 20, 2021, 11:08:04 PM]

do all asians have flat butt? by V-Unit
[September 20, 2021, 10:55:30 PM]

With Zero COVID impossible, Việt Nam should prepare to live with the pandemic: doctor by convoy
[September 20, 2021, 10:37:30 PM]

Has anyone signed this? by V-Unit
[September 20, 2021, 07:32:53 PM]

Tay Son bronze drum by gaden
[September 20, 2021, 04:54:34 PM]

Can we get a better wedding song? by Guess
[September 20, 2021, 02:56:55 PM]

Anyone recognized this old time beauty? by Guess
[September 20, 2021, 02:43:46 PM]

Swagapino represent by Olive Juice
[September 20, 2021, 02:12:35 PM]

So many companies leaving chinoise by V-Unit