collapse

Author Topic: This is what CSVN should do to mend ties with the Viet Kieu communities  (Read 516 times)

Online UniFy(心臓盗人)

Even though many viet kieus travel back to the homeland, and some decides to do business there, the majority still despise the communist regime. Those who work back home, even in silence doesn't acknowledge CSVN.
In my opinion, these are the most realistic steps the communist should do to repair ties with overseas vietnamese:

-Release all political activists from jail

-Split the party into two parties

-Stop being a puppet for China

-Stop illegal land allocation

-More rights and freedom for the common people(based on the UN human rights convention)

-Have independent institutions to fight corruptions and other injustice in the society

Offline ngjm95

My bet is more and more viet kieus will be flocking to Vietnam for the good reason Vietnam is cheap compare to US, France, UK and Germany ,just to name a few!
How much is a bowl of pho in the US? $13? In France at the very least ,10 euros ($12.50) In the average your  cost of living is 10 times less. A condominium at $35 OOO .How much a" One bedroom" in the Bay ? In Paris over $250,000 for 40 square meters I know some of my Vietnamese friends since Saigon who spend 6 months a year there. And some of them are hardcore anti communists!

Online UniFy(心臓盗人)

As I mentioned in my previous post, many viet kieus will travel home for vacation or start business back home. But the majority of those will never acknowledge or swear alliegence for the communist regime. There will always be outtakes of course.
In terms of viet kieus travelling home to help building up the country, the numbers aren't that big as we are to believe. That's why CSVN(If they're smart)should implement reforms. If Vietnam acts more like a democratic country than a mini-China, I'm sure many people will starting thinking moving back home to share knowledge and expertise for the country. Right now, koreans, japanese, chinese and foreigners are doing that.

Offline Lavender

Everyone that invests in VN do so for profit. Same with the Viet kieu, with the understanding
That they must know how to navigate the poltical aspects of business.

As far as going there for cost of living? Not too many do that except retired folks.  Or with many foreigners a cheap vacation. Nothing wrong with that as it brings money into the economy.

Online UniFy(心臓盗人)

Everyone that invests in VN do so for profit. Same with the Viet kieu, with the understanding
That they must know how to navigate the poltical aspects of business.

You're right, @lalapaluza Everyone does it for profit. But in I think if CSVN do some liberal reforms, like those I mentioned they will definately bring more people to Vietnam working for the country, not just for the sake of money.

Offline ngjm95

But in I think if CSVN do some liberal reforms, like those I mentioned they will definately bring more people to Vietnam working for the country, not just for the sake of money.

Time will come, even though some regulations have been relaxed.To be on par with US or EU, they need to do more.

Offline Qu Đơn

Vietnamese in France are poorer than Vietnamese in America yet I would say the average price of pho in Paris is €13 not €10.  So $13 pho is not that expensive since most places that charge $13 pho have spent quite a bit of money on decors and interiors to improve the dining experience.  That said, the average price for a large bowl of pho in America is probably around $10 still cheaper than many places in Western Europe.  Paris does have the best Pho in all of Europe though. 

Vietnamese Americans are not flocking to Vietnam other than for tourism.  I would say as the old generations die out, fewer Vietnamese Americans will visit Vietnam.  I just know too many who stopped going back to Vietnam entirely after their last family members in Vietnam died.  From America, many places around the world are still cheaper than Vietnam.  As a Vietnamese, I do not find Vietnam that appealing as a tourist destination anymore.  Far nicer places to visit that are even cheaper.  Cuba is dirt cheap now to visit.

Offline Qu Đơn

Vietnam cannot attract quality talents because the pay there is still quite low.  Perhaps, one day Vietnam will be rich enough to afford quality people in the Vietnamese diaspora but that will be a long time to come.  This is why even the biggest losers from America with a US passport can pick up girls in Vietnam.

You're right, @lalapaluza Everyone does it for profit. But in I think if CSVN do some liberal reforms, like those I mentioned they will definately bring more people to Vietnam working for the country, not just for the sake of money.

Offline Lavender

true. Viet kieu who repatriate only do so to make money such as business owners or celebrities who find the market there are more receptive to their trade. There's also a small group of retired folks, esp older folks who are more comfortable with the way of life there.

the average person like most of us here, who have gainful employment and a comfortable life have no desire to re-locate. Look at Mr. Hoa who's always touting the virtues of VN commies, has no desire to re-locate until he's retired b/c he's making a good living here in the US.

that said, my uncle is still extremely suspicious of the govt. My cousin in Germany, along with some of his white and Viet kieu German friends have opened businesses there and doing well, but the uncle still advises against it. Only time will tell.

Offline Qu Đơn

Overseas Vietnamese who go back to Vietnam with the explicit intent of "helping the country" do exist but they are so small in number as to be invisible.  The majority are there for their own selfish reasons. 

Offline 大越

• Vietnamese
Re: This is what CSVN should do to mend ties with the Viet Kieu communities
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2018, 01:43:23 PM »
Actually I would love to work as a US diplomat in Vietnam.
I'm a fobulous fob

Offline Lavender

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2018, 01:46:22 PM »
Overseas Vietnamese who go back to Vietnam with the explicit intent of "helping the country" do exist but they are so small in number as to be invisible.  The majority are there for their own selfish reasons. 

it's true with any population. Even less among Asians I suspect because most Asians for more concerned with helping themselves and their family over philanthropy. I know some people including distance relatives who do some charity over there but they don't live there.

Offline Qu Đơn

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2018, 01:53:14 PM »
why not as a Vietnamese diplomat in the US? 

Actually I would love to work as a US diplomat in Vietnam.

Offline Lavender

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2018, 01:56:40 PM »
why not as a Vietnamese diplomat in the US? 

to get that cushy job, you have to be a "con ong chau cha".

Offline Qu Đơn

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2018, 01:59:46 PM »
Hoa boy said he´s from the North and loves the commie flag.  I think deep in his heart there is an ardent neurosis to be like Cuong Dola.

Offline Lavender

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2018, 03:12:31 PM »
LOL, Have you ever been to the Vietnamese embassy in America? I remember one time I forgot to get a visa and at the last minute had to go to VN embassy in Los Angeles.

Man, all the kids working there speak with a thick northern accent and have major attitude.

apparently this kind of nice jobs ie, living in the US, stays in a nice building with all the amenities, and practically doing nothing and doesn't require any special training requires special connection.

another cushy job is working at the airport in VN. all the "con ong chau cha" have major attitude. goes to show these peasants are "dot" as worms so this is a major power trip for them.

Offline 大越

• Vietnamese
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2018, 09:22:40 PM »

the average person like most of us here, who have gainful employment and a comfortable life have no desire to re-locate. Look at Mr. Hoa who's always touting the virtues of VN commies, has no desire to re-locate until he's retired b/c he's making a good living here in the US.

In what posts do I tout the virtues of any foreign government?

Just because I don’t criticize them you’re finding some sort of fault that I live in the US? You keep bringing that up 24/7.

Your good friend Qu Don here also has similar plans to spend the last of his days outside the US. What’s the problem?
I'm a fobulous fob

Offline Qu Đơn

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2018, 08:41:58 AM »
nope, I plan to retire to Arlington, Virginia.

In what posts do I tout the virtues of any foreign government?

Just because I don’t criticize them you’re finding some sort of fault that I live in the US? You keep bringing that up 24/7.

Your good friend Qu Don here also has similar plans to spend the last of his days outside the US. What’s the problem?

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the previous name of Hochimich city?:

* Recent Posts

POP Music of Kazakhstan, the real Eurasians, please KPOP step aside by Qu Đơn
[Today at 05:56:18 PM]

China says US should 'think twice' about leaving missile pact by JA DU ( transracial)
[Today at 05:18:48 PM]

nuclear arms race is back on by JA DU ( transracial)
[Today at 05:17:01 PM]

US will officially deploy missiles towards china by JA DU ( transracial)
[Today at 05:06:36 PM]

When will Vietnam update police uniforms? by Qu Đơn
[Today at 04:50:20 PM]

WTF they painted real wood to look like cheap Ikea plywood by Qu Đơn
[Today at 04:45:19 PM]

Vietnam special forces training to defeat China by Qu Đơn
[Today at 04:24:54 PM]

Now I support VN army 100% by Qu Đơn
[Today at 04:14:46 PM]

Southeast Asians should consider themselves a separate continent, Daivietica by gaden
[Today at 02:03:24 PM]

China is playing with fire by Lavender
[Today at 12:05:36 PM]

Tall models by Lavender
[Today at 11:59:08 AM]

explain why this Chinese guy from Indonesia has such white name? by Lavender
[Today at 11:57:05 AM]

Now I finally understand why Vietnamese prefer heavy furniture by Qu Đơn
[Today at 11:14:35 AM]

Csvn is out of touch of reality. by UniFy(心臓盗人)
[Today at 11:03:57 AM]

Hanoi asks US to help refurbish 50yrs old Jets and airplanes captured from ROV by Qu Đơn
[Today at 10:59:19 AM]

It seems Dam Vinh Hung is quite popular in Little Saigon by UniFy(心臓盗人)
[Today at 10:49:27 AM]

Red Bull sponsor: Ho Chi Minh Trail soon to become a backpacking destination by gaden
[Today at 09:46:45 AM]

I thought VN is atheist by gaden
[Today at 09:32:00 AM]

Việt Nam is to have new law on IP and EPZ by convoy
[Yesterday at 10:18:23 PM]

2018 Miss Vietnam university student pageant, which one cutest? by Lavender
[Yesterday at 07:28:50 PM]

Before Koreanization, there was Sinicization by Lavender
[Yesterday at 07:27:41 PM]

Vỉral Video: old Vietnamese people rather kill than die crossing Hanoi traffic by Lavender
[Yesterday at 07:24:49 PM]

When will Vietnam have their own ''Tony Jaa''? by UniFy(心臓盗人)
[Yesterday at 04:38:43 AM]

They need to beat him up by Qu Đơn
[October 20, 2018, 09:57:42 PM]

This is the reason the US is doing everything to warm relations with Vietnam by Qu Đơn
[October 20, 2018, 09:53:59 PM]

* News Feeds