collapse

Author Topic: First American University in Vietnam: Fulbright University  (Read 315 times)

Offline Qu Đơn

First American University in Vietnam: Fulbright University
« on: February 05, 2018, 10:03:09 AM »
it´s gonna be finished in a few years.  I guess Vietnamese Americans can teach here and get a bit of diplomatic protection.  It seems like the entire university was funded by American taxpayers´money.  All the VCP did was provided empty land.

Offline Lavender

Re: First American University in Vietnam: Fulbright University
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 11:04:52 AM »
interesting. I didn't know a public US university can open in a foreign country. I assume VNmese students can apply there but seems unfair to the American public who fund this university and can't use it.

Offline 大越

• Vietnamese
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 11:36:30 AM »
American University is a private university, so there is nothing unfair about it.
I'm a fobulous fob

Offline Lavender

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 11:39:54 AM »
it´s gonna be finished in a few years.  I guess Vietnamese Americans can teach here and get a bit of diplomatic protection.  It seems like the entire university was funded by American taxpayers´money.  All the VCP did was provided empty land.

Offline 大越

• Vietnamese
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 11:45:55 AM »
This university has an endowment of almost $570 million. Qu Don statement about this project being funded by American taxpayer is 100% false.
I'm a fobulous fob

Offline Lavender

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 11:56:01 AM »
"private" bc it's through Harvard, a private organization but funding is from the govt of the US, so it is my tax money.

====================
from Wiki:

Fulbright University Vietnam (FUV) is a private nonprofit university in the Saigon Hi-Tech Park in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.[3] It is one of Vietnam's first private, nonprofit institutions of higher education.[4] The FUV concept emerged from discussions convened by the Vietnam Program at the Harvard Kennedy School aimed at planning the next stage in the development of the Fulbright Economics Teaching Program (FETP), a center of public policy research and teaching in Ho Chi Minh City.[5][6] Since 2014, the university's development has been coordinated by the Trust for University Innovation in Vietnam (TUIV), a nonprofit corporation based in the Boston area. TUIV and the Harvard Vietnam Program are recipients of several grants from the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the United States Department of State. [7]

Although Fulbright University Vietnam is a private university, it has benefited from the support of the governments of both Vietnam and the United States.[8][9]

In the United States, FUV, and its antecedent, the Fulbright Economics Teaching Program, has benefited from strong bilateral support in Congress. Of particular note is the role played by John Kerry. While in the Senate, Kerry and his fellow Vietnam veteran John McCain were strong supporters of education exchange with Vietnam.[10] As Secretary of State, Kerry was an early advocate for the FUV initiative.[11]

In 2013, FUV was cited in a joint statement by President Truong Tan Sang and President Barack Obama during President Sang's visit to the United States.[12]

In June 2014, Prime Minister Nguyễn Tấn Dũng approved the establishment of FUV.[13] In December 2014, the United States Congress approved $20 million to fund the development of FUV on the condition that the university be independent, not-for-profit, and on par with the quality of American universities.[14][7]

The government of Vietnam officially licensed FUV on May 16, 2016.[7] Later that month, the launch of Fulbright University Vietnam was officially announced in a speech by President Barack Obama in Hanoi.[15] Two days later in Ho Chi Minh City, at a ceremony witness by Secretary of State John Kerry, Fulbright University VIetnam was awarded is establishment license

==================

Anyway, I hope the applicants are truly deserving kids and not party member kids. It is my tax money but if it at least benefit the general public it would be OK. consider my charity to VNmese people. But I would be pissed if the rich party kids who are the recipients of the school.

Offline Qu Đơn

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2018, 12:58:46 PM »
Early financing in terms of structural development comes from American money amounting to nearly $40 million.  The VCP does not pay for anything it wants, not even infrastructures.  This university will likely be a place for the commie elite to get a foothold in America when everything collapses.  There is likely a transnational diploma equivalency scheme going like RMIT diplomas in Vietnam.  Endowment money is for future upkeep and they can claim it to be $2 billion if they want.  VCP accounting is state of the art in case you don´t know.

This university has an endowment of almost $570 million. Qu Don statement about this project being funded by American taxpayer is 100% false.

Offline Lavender

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2018, 03:16:16 PM »
Well, now I'm legitimately pissed off. I never voted for my money to fund higher education for spoiled rich commies kids. another gift from Obama!

Harvard is pretty communist as it is, no offense to you, Qu! So I would expect them to teach communist crap in their liberal art schools.

Offline 大越

• Vietnamese
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2018, 07:09:27 PM »
I wonder if people will still be talking about Obama at the end of Trump’s 8 year term into the next President. Probably.
I'm a fobulous fob

Offline Qu Đơn

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2018, 08:32:29 PM »
Obama will be remembered as America´s Gorbachev

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the most common last name in VN?:

* Recent Posts

Ronaldinho flew from Brazil to Indonesia to support Vietnam team wtf by gaden
[Yesterday at 10:14:31 PM]

I think this is how ADHD feels like by gaden
[Yesterday at 10:06:11 PM]

Is Ho the only Vietnamese surname that is Pan-Sinosphere? by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 06:50:22 PM]

This hot Gái Dân Tộc will marry you for less than $2K by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 05:36:32 PM]

China Considers Fining Family for Having Only 1 child by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 05:14:32 PM]

Google is getting cozy with Communists in China by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 05:06:32 PM]

Singapore will be a threat to all of Southeast Asia by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 04:59:17 PM]

Vietnamese bus driver caught driving 85KMH packed bus using his.... by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 04:56:40 PM]

I think Laos and the Philippines will disappear in 20 years by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 04:55:02 PM]

Vietnam breaks Guinness Record in Noodle Soup (Pho) by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 04:50:07 PM]

US, UK, Germany, Other Rich Euro Countries Continued Decline in Life Expectancy by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 04:47:05 PM]

Pentagon warns China is expanding military ops to target US by JA DU ( transracial)
[Yesterday at 04:27:42 PM]

Filipinos eating pho by IronTree
[Yesterday at 04:22:16 PM]

Should Government officials use the social network? by convoy
[Yesterday at 10:04:21 AM]

8 gold medals - cute winner for unify by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 08:20:09 AM]

Asian games U23 Football 19/08/2018 Japan vs Vietnam 16:30 (Indonesian time) by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 08:10:07 AM]

Speeding and driving does not mix in VN by gaden
[August 17, 2018, 11:05:49 PM]

Who's the dumb guy by gaden
[August 17, 2018, 10:57:47 PM]

Equitisation is the right move by convoy
[August 17, 2018, 10:01:51 PM]

They rejected me from The Bachelor Vietnam TV Show by Qu Đơn
[August 17, 2018, 06:34:51 PM]

Vietnamese people, are you an organ donor? by Qu Đơn
[August 17, 2018, 06:32:25 PM]

This Viet guy singlehandedly commits genocide by Qu Đơn