collapse

Author Topic: things you learn when you're older  (Read 120 times)

Offline lalapaluza

things you learn when you're older
« on: November 14, 2017, 04:26:35 PM »
don't wear socks with holes in them.

don't wear torn or stained underwear.

always wear deodorant.

body language is important. don't shake your legs constantly, glance around while talking to someone.

make sure your hair is clean.

Offline Qu Đơn

Re: things you learn when you're older
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 04:41:14 PM »
Sleep is important.  Take time to write down my thoughts.  Call parents more often.  Wear bullet proof vest while jogging.

Offline NT

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 08:13:13 PM »
things I lean regarding to work:

all jobs suck, it is rare to find the one you like--so do the ones that pay you the most

and do not sh!t where you eat--meaning do not frock around at work, no dating co-workers, no gossiping, no socializing, no "haha" jokes--go there, get the work done and get the frock out so you can go to your second job which is to enjoy your life.

your boss does not appreciate hard work . I remember  turned in a whole day worth of work within a couple hours. The gray haired baby boomer fucktard accusing me of stealing time and not doing anything, when I just turned in a whole day worth of worth.  Then he had me doing golly that i not related to my position: i.e cleaning the bathroom, making coffee, scanning documents and golly. After that I pretend to be busy, coz I am stuck there for 8 hours and I get paid the same so fake it and fit in with the rest. Standing out creates fear coz Boss man thinks you will someday take his spot. And I probably will...

also as long the check doesn't bounce, I do whatever the frock they want. it doesn't matter if it is stupid, inefficient, or even if it harms the company.

leave your brains at home when you are at work. just be a beach for 8 hours as long as they pay you good. and screw over your employer whenever you can. After learning all this practices, I am so much happier.

Offline lalapaluza

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 08:28:46 AM »
I know this girl who was doing well, got to middle management. Now she's claiming worker's comp b/c she has this "pain" in her elbow. We went kayaking and she was rowing OK.

So that's sticking it to the boss!

Online gaden

• Administrator
  • Executive Secretary of the Secretariat
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 04:26:42 PM »
I've learned that I've made stupid mistakes when I was younger.  Of course at the time I don't realize that I'm stupid, just people telling me that I am stupid, then I would scratch my head and retort back ,"Oh yeaaaahhhh.....well, you're stupid".

Online 大越

• Vietnamese
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 07:45:19 PM »
Every year I get closer to death.

Edit:

Every year I’m a year closer to death.

Every month I’m a month closer to death.

Every week I’m a week closer to death.

Every day I’m a day closer to death.

Every second I’m a second closer to death.

Only this instant am I not closer to death, but the instant is fleeting.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 11:24:09 PM by 大越 »
I'm a fobulous fob

Offline NT

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2017, 08:17:36 PM »
say what Boss? You want me to do something horrendously stupid and dumb? OKAY SURE THING BOSS!!

One time my boss call me in the office. And he say "hey we got to do something different with this thing and that thing." " We gotta do this..and I know it is not efficient but we got to try."

I was like "hey boss, do your check bounce?" he was puzzled and asked "what?"  I asked again " do your check bounce when I cash them?" " oh you mean the bank? no." " Right boss, it doesn't . So I don't care, whatever you want boss."  He then look at me like  i am some psycho path. Hahahaha . Not that I am psychotic, is just that I have no fucks left to give.

I am a mercenary,son. As long as I get paid then I don't give a frock. That's not my company, I don't give a frock. They can run it to the ground. And I always have backup jobs somewhere so when it sinks I am onto the next one.

I am so zen-like these days. No fucks given.

Online gaden

• Administrator
  • Executive Secretary of the Secretariat
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2017, 09:06:03 PM »
One time my boss called me into his office for a performance review.  It was my first job so I didn't even know what a performance review is. 

He asked me
- You're doing good son.  I've been asking for a long term plan from you and I have not gotten any from you.
-  (scratching my head)  What plan?
-  Your long term goal
-  Well...as you know, our family is into business.  So I would like to start my own business and run a tire shop.
-  what about the company?
-  Maybe one or two years when I save up enough money.  I'll quit and start an auto mechanic shop.
-  I mean your goals within this company.
-  well...with my skill and determination I want to become CEO.
-  You'll have to pass me first.
-  I don't want to be manager because I'm not manager material.
-  OK.  You're doing well son.  I want to give you your raise.  3%.  What do you think?
-  I'm OK with that.  I can buy more hot dogs.

Offline lalapaluza

« Reply #8 on: Today at 08:24:02 AM »
say what Boss? You want me to do something horrendously stupid and dumb? OKAY SURE THING BOSS!!

I am a mercenary,son. As long as I get paid then I don't give a frock. That's not my company, I don't give a frock. They can run it to the ground. And I always have backup jobs somewhere so when it sinks I am onto the next one.

I’m with NT on this one, it’s not your concern how the company wants to use its money.

Another thing is to keep your mouth shut on politics. Now work is boring as oatmeal. What should we talk about? I can talk about tv shows, travel, maybe.

Offline Qu Đơn

« Reply #9 on: Today at 08:33:44 AM »
You must be working for the white men then.  Asians make the shittiest managers and always look out for their white bosses when they are just another employee in the company.  Something tells me you will make a pretty good manager.  In my experience, employees do a better job when they have a certain amount of freedom to do the work as they please.  This is why I let the Asians working under me do more technical work while things that involve social skills I let this half black half Colombian guy handles it.  I have a very smart Vietnamese guy working for me but I just do not see him as managerial material because he thinks too much like an Asian.  Being overly analytic helps in the short term but just handicap you for life in the long term.

One time my boss call me in the office. And he say "hey we got to do something different with this thing and that thing." " We gotta do this..and I know it is not efficient but we got to try."

I was like "hey boss, do your check bounce?" he was puzzled and asked "what?"  I asked again " do your check bounce when I cash them?" " oh you mean the bank? no." " Right boss, it doesn't . So I don't care, whatever you want boss."  He then look at me like  i am some psycho path. Hahahaha . Not that I am psychotic, is just that I have no fucks left to give.

Offline lalapaluza

« Reply #10 on: Today at 09:12:14 AM »
Yes, harder to work with minority boss, even Hispanic can have similar attitude unless they are American Hispanic that have been here for a few generations. But I agree Asians make the worse managers esp new immigrants like most of Asians are.

It’s better not to micro manage but if you work with young people, like students level, you need to micro manage to a certain point.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the most common last name in VN?:

* University Connect

* Recent Posts

* News Feeds

* Realm Love Aquarium