collapse

Author Topic: The gap between Vietnam and other SEA countries will be smaller  (Read 87 times)

Online Atreygutten

In 2020 and beyond, we will not be so far behind our richer neighbours, like Indonesia, Philippines and Thailand. These three countries are fill with internal problems from corruption, slow economic growth and radical islam insurgerncy. We can take advange of that. The economic gap will be smaller in 2020 and beyond.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 06:56:24 AM by Atreygutten »
SWEAR TO ME!

Offline literallyChina

• Bá-Khiêm
Re: The gap between Vietnam and other SEA countries will be smaller
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 09:46:29 AM »
I thought Vietnam was already on the level of Indonesia, Thailand etc?

Offline Qu Đơn

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 01:44:07 PM »
It will take 30 years for Vietnam to even be at Thailand´s level today, assuming Thailand will have zero growth.  Vietnam is suffering from a huge brain drain because their best and brightest, especially the girls, love to stay in America after graduation to marry a fine Viet Kieu stud like myself.  The economy runs on cheap labour and environmentally polluting industries which no Western countries could tolerate.  Most investment portfolios revolve around real estate and SOEs which really do not create jobs.

It has been a while since I visited Jakarta but comparing Bangkok and Saigon today, Saigon is far behind.  Hanoi is like 15 years behind Saigon since they still throw communist style opera for something as mundane as opening a fish processing factory.  Andy in the film Shawshank Redemption said that hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.  The only way to truly feel optimistic about Vietnam is to completely lose hope for the mother country.  And if Vietnam does improve, then it is an improbable yet pleasant surprise. 

Online 大越

• Vietnamese
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 02:24:49 PM »
Here's a math problem for you.

Thailand's GDP per capita is currently twice that of Vietnam. Last year Thailand's GDP growth was about 3% and Vietnam was about 6%. If both countries were to continue with those annual growth rates, how long will it take for Vietnam's GDP per capita to match Thailand's?

Hint: it's less than 30 years
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 02:27:35 PM by 大越 »
I'm a fobulous fob

Offline Qu Đơn

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 03:03:19 PM »
Lol, I love the hint.  It is like you want me to cheat. Typical commie type problem solving.  China is not going to be rich and they have numerous opportunities and stupendous historical growth.  Do you think Vietnam is going to be any different?  Beating dirt poor low IQ southeast Asian countries is nothing amazing.  Vietnamese Americans now compete with super smart Jews in all endeavors and we will soon prevail to rule the USA, a superpower that is going to stay superpower for the next 50 years.  Vietnam will not even make top 15 economy in the next 50 years even when its population max out to Japan´s current level. In military terms, China needs another 15 years to even be at Japan´s current level.  Japan is rearming and will soon emerge as Asia´s military hegemon. 

Here's a math problem for you.

Thailand's GDP per capita is currently twice that of Vietnam. Last year Thailand's GDP growth was about 3% and Vietnam was about 6%. If both countries were to continue with those annual growth rates, how long will it take for Vietnam's GDP per capita to match Thailand's?

Hint: it's less than 30 years

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the most common last name in VN?:

* University Connect

* Recent Posts

Communist China or Radical Islam? by Qu Đơn
[Today at 01:47:01 PM]

This Body Mass Index Calculator now adjusts for "Asian" by Qu Đơn
[Today at 10:43:09 AM]

Should I be wary of Vietnam girls with too sexy couchsurfing photos? by 大越
[Today at 10:01:19 AM]

Vietnamese youths now head to the Philippines to learn English by Nagash.
[Yesterday at 07:34:55 PM]

Second-Generation Vietnamese-Americans' College Attainment Rate by 大越
[Yesterday at 07:13:57 PM]

Is Nguyen Tan Dung (former VN Prime Minister) Still Alive? by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 06:58:17 PM]

I hope viet kieus doesn't look up to this bonehead. by gaden
[Yesterday at 05:22:11 PM]

Why Hai Phong Vietnamese able to retain their Bac accent more than others? by gaden
[Yesterday at 05:18:46 PM]

I think the first Asian president of USA will be Filipino by gaden
[Yesterday at 05:14:40 PM]

Gaden is it formal and polite to call u chu or Anh? by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 04:44:51 PM]

Viet Kieu POP is losing to VPOP due to lack of originality by 大越
[Yesterday at 02:53:08 PM]

Philippines to launch own PPOP Billboard Chart to encourage domestic bands by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 01:30:44 PM]

Does VPOP exploit women? by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 01:09:04 PM]

Are VPOP fugly zombie idols better for young Vietnamese girls? by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 01:03:04 PM]

Can Viet Kieus create their own ''Taiwan''? by 大越
[Yesterday at 11:50:26 AM]

Boost productivity for Industry 4.0 by convoy
[Yesterday at 10:04:21 AM]

Filipino IQ is hugely underestimated by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 09:27:25 AM]

PPOP or Philippines Pop has the most potential, why is it not taking off? by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 09:18:48 AM]

* News Feeds

* Realm Love Aquarium

* Play the Snake