collapse

Author Topic: Post your highschool picture and now picture:  (Read 26194 times)

Online Rude Boy

• Cờ lờ mờ vờ, cờ lờ vờ
    • Austroasiatic Phenotypes
Re: Post your highschool picture and now picture:
« Reply #100 on: June 16, 2019, 02:11:45 PM »
You are dense to not understand how human population from one ethnic group can migrate to another, especially if they are close to each other borders.   
Then why do ethnic minorities exist in Vietnam? Social, language, culture barrier do exist. Laotian can't just immigrate to Vietnam and learn Vietnamese in just a day. Laotian used Tai script while Vietnamese used Sino script. Laotian speak Tai language while Vietnamese speak Sino Vietnamese / Viet Muong. You are talking from a perspective of a American whose language is an international language. If i put you in Mexico, would you have been able to assimilate into their population without knowing Spanish? lol.

Now lets do the math, ok
In 1975
Laos population 3 million
Vietnam population 48 million
Tell me how Laotian could make any genetic contribution to Vietnamese population if they could learn to speak Vietnamese, adopted Vietnamese culture and got married with a Vietnamese spouse.

Would any Laotian think of the idea of crossing mountainous terrain just to reach central Vietnam and assimilate into a population full of people speaking a different language and had different customs?

Online MultipleCoresOneCpu

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Os0M-qpTw0
« Reply #101 on: June 16, 2019, 02:13:18 PM »
There are Vietnamese mixed with Japanese.  Um are the borders that fluid?  You make it seem like people cross on boats all day.
China spends more buying electronic components than it does on petro.

Offline SailorNeptune

• Administrator
« Reply #102 on: June 16, 2019, 02:24:48 PM »
Then why do ethnic minorities exist in Vietnam? Social, language, culture barrier do exist. Laotian can't just immigrate to Vietnam and learn Vietnamese in just a day. Laotian used Tai script while Vietnamese used Sino script. Laotian speak Tai language while Vietnamese speak Sino Vietnamese / Muong. You are talking from a perspective of a American whose language is an international language. If i put you in Mexico, would you have been able to assimilate into their population without knowing Spanish? lol.

Now lets do the math, ok
In 1975
Laos population 3 million
Vietnam population 48 million
Tell me how Laotian could make any genetic contribution to Vietnamese population if they could learn to speak Vietnamese, adopted Vietnamese culture and got married with a Vietnamese spouse.

Would any Laotian think of the idea of crossing mountainous terrain just to reach central Vietnam and assimilate into a population full of people speaking a different language and had different customs?

Did I say Laotian made a huge genetic contribution to Vietnamese? You are misinterpreting what I said.  I said that it is not a farfetched theory that one of my ancestors came from Laos and assimilated, and married my Vietnamese ancestor. How is that not possible?  You see individuals migrate from one country to another all the time, get married, and have kids.  I am talking only about my genetic results in particular, and only my case, not other Vietnamese people as I had stated before that all the Vietnamese results on 23andme that I had seen do not have significant Laos or Dai ancestry, including my own grandma and sister.  BTW, most do not have significant Khmer ancestry either.  Although, I had seen a handful of Vietnamese with some South Asians and Khmer ancestry. As for those ethnic minority, you are delusional to believe that a few did not left their area and married and mixed with locals.  Of course, the amount is not huge, so you will not see a shift or change in the population genetic makeup, but there are outlier cases like mine. Similar to Vietnamese mixed with Chinese. It's not a hard concept to grasp, its common sense.

Online Rude Boy

• Cờ lờ mờ vờ, cờ lờ vờ
« Reply #103 on: June 16, 2019, 02:34:54 PM »
I said that it is not a farfetched theory that one of my ancestors came from Laos and assimilated, and married my Vietnamese ancestor. How is that not possible? 

Of course, the amount is not huge, so you will not see a shift or change in the population, but there are outlier cases like mine. Similar to Vietnamese mixed with Chinese. It's not a hard concept to grasp, its common sense.
Vietnamese mixed with Chinese makes perfect sense due to the use of Sino script and cultural similarity but Vietnamese having the "Laotian ancestry" labelled by 23andme is not a result of a Laotian having immigrated to Central Vietnam. Would you migrate to an Arab nation without knowing their script, spoken language, custom? Just seeing their script alone would make you feel like a foreigner, let alone getting married with an Arab spouse.

Offline SailorNeptune

• Administrator
« Reply #104 on: June 16, 2019, 02:40:56 PM »
Vietnamese mixed with Chinese makes perfect sense due to the use of Sino script and cultural similarity but Vietnamese mixed with Laotian is not a result of a Laotian having immigrated to Central Vietnam. Would you immigrate to an Arab nation without knowing their script, spoken language, custom? Just seeing their script alone would make you feel like a foreigner.

Why are there 1000 Vietnamese in Brazil?  Their culture, language, writing is totally different from Vient.   People migrate all the time for opportunities, duh.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overseas_Vietnamese

Vietnamese man in Africa, he is comfortable living there and doesn't want to leave. Vietnam and Laos obviously have more similarity in their cuisine, and phenotypes than other countries like Brazil and Africa, but yet you can still find Vietnamese there.  BTW, 20,000 Vietnamese lives in Arab.  :p

Online Rude Boy

• Cờ lờ mờ vờ, cờ lờ vờ
« Reply #105 on: June 16, 2019, 02:42:36 PM »
Why are there 1000 Vietnamese in Brazil?  Their culture, language, writing is totally different from Vient.   People migrate all the time for opportunities, duh.

Vietnamese man in Africa, he is comfortable living there and doesn't want to leave. Vietnam and Laos obviously have more similarity in their cuisine, and phenotypes than other countries like Brazil and Africa, but yet you can still find Vietnamese there.  BTW, 20,000 Vietnamese lives in Arab.  :p
How can a Laotian work in Vietnam if they can't even know Vietnamese lol.

Offline SailorNeptune

• Administrator
« Reply #106 on: June 16, 2019, 02:44:05 PM »
How can a Laotian work in Vietnam if they can't even know Vietnamese lol

Omg, how can a Vietnamese man work in Africa if he doesn't even speak their language?  You are so ngu. 20,000 Vietnamese in Arabs, go ask them how they communicate.

Online Rude Boy

• Cờ lờ mờ vờ, cờ lờ vờ
« Reply #107 on: June 16, 2019, 02:46:37 PM »
Omg, how can a Vietnamese man work in Africa if he doesn't even speak their language?  You are so ngu. 20,000 Vietnamese in Arabs, go ask them how they communicate.
English. If they learn any African/Arab language, its due to courses in language centres in modern times. English however was not a common language in Vietnam.

Offline SailorNeptune

• Administrator
« Reply #108 on: June 16, 2019, 02:51:39 PM »
English. If they learn any African language, its due to the education in language centres in modern times. 

That Vietnamese man came straight from Vietnam, he barely know any English lol. So yes, its possible to go to a foreign land and start a new life, even if the culture, language, and people are different.

Online Rude Boy

• Cờ lờ mờ vờ, cờ lờ vờ
« Reply #109 on: June 16, 2019, 02:53:21 PM »
That Vietnamese man came straight from Vietnam, he barely know any English lol. So yes, its possible to go to a foreign land and start a new life, even if the culture, language, and people are different.
How many Laotians would want to learn Vietnamese? What is there in Central Vietnam that make Laotian abandon their home, culture, language to become Vietnamese? Do you have any genealogy record that shows one of your ancestor had a Laotian name?

Offline SailorNeptune

• Administrator
« Reply #110 on: June 16, 2019, 03:04:52 PM »
How many Laotians would want to learn Vietnamese? What is there in Central Vietnam that make Laotian abandon their home, culture, language to become Vietnamese? Do you have any genealogy record that shows one of your ancestor had a Laotian name?

I already answered that question.  People back then migrate to another country for similar reasons people today do.  Business opportunities, political problems, persecution, trades etc..it can be a variety of reasons.  Even with different languages there is no denying that "The Silk Road" happened, and with the Silk Road came mixing of genes. 
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0002929707616279

People throughout history have traveled far from their countries and comfort zones to trade and do business, and sometimes they end up falling in love, starting a family and settling in a new country despite differences in languages, cultures, and customs.  Why are you denying that this happened throughout history?  You yourself claim that there is a difference in the genetic make-up of Northern, Central, and Southern Vietnamese.  Cham, Khmer, and other ethnic groups you used to imply differences in phenotypes across those regions are no more similar to Vietnamese than Laos people are. So according to you, if those groups are possible, then why not some individual from Lao?

Online Rude Boy

• Cờ lờ mờ vờ, cờ lờ vờ
« Reply #111 on: June 16, 2019, 03:08:59 PM »
Business opportunities, political problems, persecution, trades etc..it can be a variety of reasons.

People throughout history have traveled far from their countries and comfort zones to trade and do business, and sometimes they end up falling in love, starting a family and settling in a new country despite differences in languages, cultures, and customs.  Why are you denying that this happened throughout history?  You yourself claim that there is a difference in the genetic make-up of Northern, Central, and Southern Vietnamese.  Cham, Khmer, and other ethnic groups you used to imply differences in phenotypes across those regions are no more similar to Vietnamese than Laos people are. So according to you, if those groups are possible, then why not some individual from Lao?
Central Vietnam is nice ya know. Beautiful beaches. The Youn there spoke different language, used different script, had different customs but with the help of internet, language courses, Laotian expat communities in Central Vietnam, they will help me become Youn just like them. Trading with the Youn across the border is not profitable enough for me, i need to ask for a visa to go into Youn tetorrity and open up a business there.

Offline SailorNeptune

• Administrator
« Reply #112 on: June 16, 2019, 03:17:15 PM »
Central Vietnam is nice ya know. Beautiful beaches. The Youn there spoke different language, used different script and had different customs but with the help of internet, language courses, Laotian expat communities in Central Vietnam, they will help me become Youn just like them. Trading with the Youn across the border is not profitable enough for me, i need to ask for a visa to go into Youn tetorrity and open up a business there.

-loco -loco -loco

Online Rude Boy

• Cờ lờ mờ vờ, cờ lờ vờ
« Reply #113 on: June 16, 2019, 03:19:06 PM »
-loco -loco -loco
Youn want to dominate us politically but i'd love to live in a land full of Youn ya know. I knew that the Chams got massacred in masses by them Youn but i somehow believe that the Youn will leave me in peace. Ladyboy land? Pls... Youn land is a much better choice for Laotian.

Online MultipleCoresOneCpu

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Os0M-qpTw0
« Reply #114 on: June 16, 2019, 04:00:10 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overseas_Vietnamese

Oh deary the man in the video said that he forces himself to stay there.  He said his work is so intense that almost no other person would "stand it" in his very own words.  He even mentioned that he had to buy an iPhone, "a piece of happiness", to give himself some comfort by showing off and taking photos with it.
China spends more buying electronic components than it does on petro.

Offline SailorNeptune

• Administrator
« Reply #115 on: June 16, 2019, 09:24:43 PM »
Oh deary the man in the video said that he forces himself to stay there.  He said his work is so intense that almost no other person would "stand it" in his very own words.  He even mentioned that he had to buy an iPhone, "a piece of happiness", to give himself some comfort by showing off and taking photos with it.

His wise words, "You have to get used to a country and then it's livable."

* Recent Posts

How come Vietnamese don't Vietnamise Korean or Japanese, but do for Chinese? by Rude Boy
[Today at 12:14:38 AM]

Vietnam´s working age population begins shrinking in 2020 by Areyoudreaming234
[Yesterday at 11:01:30 PM]

Thailand Royalty (world´s richest) fully blinged out by
[Yesterday at 10:14:32 PM]

Samsung soon close factories in Vietnam by MultipleCoresOneCpu
[Yesterday at 10:11:13 PM]

I don´t think a single country in Asia respects the Philippines by
[Yesterday at 09:53:14 PM]

The Philippines has the largest IT-BPO market in the world. by
[Yesterday at 09:42:28 PM]

Hong Kong chinese are just as worse as mainlaind chinese by
[Yesterday at 09:37:10 PM]

USA/ALLIES should prepare to start a war with china.. by
[Yesterday at 09:35:19 PM]

I like VPOP when it portrays real Vietnamese life by
[Yesterday at 09:22:54 PM]

China Affinity should be under general discussion by Chi-Com Killer( anti-dog eater Police)
[Yesterday at 06:24:16 PM]

China has more enemies than friends by Chi-Com Killer( anti-dog eater Police)
[Yesterday at 06:08:00 PM]

Tourism target looks tough to hit by convoy
[Yesterday at 04:05:38 PM]

filipino man tried to bomb chinese resturant in philippines. by Chi-Com Killer( anti-dog eater Police)
[Yesterday at 02:58:53 PM]

Gedmatch results of ethnic Chams from Vietnam by SailorNeptune
[Yesterday at 01:08:36 PM]

The Philippines is really a Hispanic country & why Singapore will collapse soon by Chi-Com Killer( anti-dog eater Police)
[Yesterday at 08:25:42 AM]

* China Affinity

* Provocative Journalism

* News Feeds