collapse

Author Topic: Can the Philippines Join the Confederated Republic of Buddhist States?  (Read 3275 times)

Offline Selurong

By the year 2030, the Buddhist majority countries in mainland Southeast Asia (Myanmar, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos) will be in a confederated union to fight terrorism.  The Philippines is a special case but I think they should be allowed to join the Confederated Republic of Buddhist States (CRBS) at least as an observing member in the first few years.

As a Visayan, a descendant of the the former Buddhist Srivijayans (According to the legend of our origins), I yearn to go back to the west, to our homeland in Sumatra-Malacca and remove or convert the invading Muslims, Hindus and Taoists who squatted on our former lands and expelled the natives there. But that's only for my ethnicity. As for me, my mom taught me how to be a good Christian and really like the religion too much that it won't feel right if I revert back to Buddhism and join The Confederated Republic of Buddhist States (CRBS).
The Romance Metropolis of the Far East
"The City of Manila"

Offline Selurong

When the Nguyens first became Viet Emperors they asked the help of a Christian Priest who complied.

Gia Long (Vietnamese: [zaː lawŋm]; 8 February 1762 – 3 February 1820), born Nguyễn Phúc Ánh or Nguyễn Ánh [1]), was the first Emperor of the Nguyễn Dynasty of Vietnam. Unifying what is now modern Vietnam in 1802, he founded the Nguyễn Dynasty, the last of the Vietnamese dynasties.

A nephew of the last Nguyễn lord who ruled over southern Vietnam, Nguyễn Ánh was forced into hiding in 1777 as a fifteen-year-old when his family was slain in the Tây Sơn revolt. After several changes of fortune in which his loyalists regained and again lost Saigon, he befriended the French Catholic priest Pigneau de Behaine. Pigneau championed his cause to the French government—and managed to recruit volunteers when this fell through—to help Nguyễn Ánh regain the throne. From 1789, Nguyễn Ánh was once again in the ascendancy and began his northward march to defeat the Tây Sơn, reaching the border with China by 1802, which had previously been under the control of the Trịnh lords. Following their defeat, he succeeded in reuniting Vietnam after centuries of internecine feudal warfare, with a greater land mass than ever before, stretching from China down to the Gulf of Siam.

Gia Long's rule was noted for its Confucian orthodoxy. He overcame the Tây Sơn rebellion and reinstated the classical Confucian education and civil service system. He moved the capital from Hanoi south to Huế as the country's populace had also shifted south over the preceding centuries, and built up fortresses and a palace in his new capital. Using French expertise, he modernized Vietnam's defensive capabilities. In deference to the assistance of his French friends, he tolerated the activities of Roman Catholic missionaries, something that became increasingly restricted under his successors. Under his rule, Vietnam strengthened its military dominance in Indochina, expelling Siamese forces from Cambodia and turning it into a vassal state.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gia_Long
"The City of Manila"

Offline IronTree

Vietnam isn't even very Buddhist or religious at all. Certainly not as devout as the Thais in their fanaticism towards Buddhism. This isn't even a byproduct of communism, it's just not in our character the be all that religious over all. Probably the least religious out if the major (high population) SEA countries.

Offline Selurong

Vietnam isn't even very Buddhist or religious at all. Certainly not as devout as the Thais in their fanaticism towards Buddhism. This isn't even a byproduct of communism, it's just not in our character the be all that religious over all. Probably the least religious out if the major (high population) SEA countries.

I see, so who will lead the Confederate Republic then?

Sent from my CHM-U01 using Tapatalk

"The City of Manila"

Offline RedWine

• Vietnamese
Why would Vietnam want anything to do with any of these countries? They can be vassal states.
I'm a fobulous fob

Offline IronTree

When the Nguyens first became Viet Emperors they asked the help of a Christian Priest who complied.

The Nguyen Dynasty was the most detestable of the dynasties, complicit and accepting of disgusting French on our soil. It was their tolerance of Christianity that allowed French their casus belli to invade Vietnam in the first place to "protect" persecuted Catholics. If conversion was resisted immediately and harshly punished like it was in Japan, we wouldn't have faggot French influences in our country.

Even today I hear stupid Vietnamese women always calling French things or French inspired things elegant. Yet another legacy of the failings of our degenerate "rulers".

The Ao Dai is a very ugly dress, also a Nguyen Dynasty invention. 

This little shiet has no idea millions of Vietnamese in the future laugh at his disgusting Francophone dress:

Yes, the Nguyen Dynasty made a lot of wrong choices but they also expanded Vietnamese territorial control to the greatest extent in the middle of the 19th century.

Middle map is circa 1850. By 1976 we have lost a lot of territory even with the North overrunning the South.

The Nguyen Dynasty was the most detestable of the dynasties, complicit and accepting of disgusting French on our soil. It was their tolerance of Christianity that allowed French their casus belli to invade Vietnam in the first place to "protect" persecuted Catholics. If conversion was resisted immediately and harshly punished like it was in Japan, we wouldn't have faggot French influences in our country.

Even today I hear stupid Vietnamese women always calling French things or French inspired things elegant. Yet another legacy of the failings of our degenerate "rulers".

Sril Lanka will also be granted observing status. 

Re: Can the Philippines Join the Confederated Republic of Buddhist States?
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2019, 11:30:14 PM »
we give assimilated Filipinos access to human capital!

Name: Email:
Verification:
Who is the newest member on the forum?:

* Recent Posts

The best caliber China will have to fight against in the 2050 war for SCS by Gāokējì
[Today at 03:41:34 AM]

Leave my Ukrainian hero out of this by mamiso
[Today at 01:38:25 AM]

In only 10 years, copy to China becomes copy from China by mamiso
[Today at 12:34:05 AM]

Filthy Chin/Tai R9F reports on how CUCKED Mongolians winning 5G by mamiso
[Today at 12:31:12 AM]

Why Hmongs seem so much more influential in Vietnam than Hoa Chinese? by mamiso
[Today at 12:27:48 AM]

Does it make sense to revolt AFTER '1000' years of occupation? by mamiso
[Today at 12:24:04 AM]

Viet peasants need to work harder...this pains me so much to see by mamiso
[Today at 12:09:56 AM]

Your garden and plants by mamiso
[Yesterday at 11:49:43 PM]

Germans classify Vietnamese as East Asian in their census. by mamiso
[Yesterday at 11:22:34 PM]

Gonna go with Chinese last name when moving abroad by Gāokējì
[Yesterday at 09:02:07 PM]

I teared up a little. These two Music Videos were released on my Dead Mom's BDay by Selurong
[Yesterday at 07:16:30 PM]

How can poor Vietnamese afford this much phallus shells? by CoconutXO
[Yesterday at 05:24:01 PM]

Why do Asians now talk like this? by CoconutXO
[Yesterday at 05:16:14 PM]

Western style banh mi by CoconutXO
[Yesterday at 05:08:58 PM]

Duu maa! kill the referee! by gaden
[Yesterday at 04:19:23 PM]

Edible Weeds by gaden
[Yesterday at 04:04:26 PM]

Vietnam is building Wall Border with China by
[Yesterday at 03:25:23 PM]

Miss Universe Vietnam 2019 from Thanh hoa province is fugly by
[Yesterday at 03:17:01 PM]

White guy called himself prophet and recruit Vietnamese youth to be his slaves by
[Yesterday at 03:05:22 PM]

More than half of the world's donkey population could be killed by gaden
[Yesterday at 02:49:13 PM]

* China Affinity

No posts were found.

* Provocative Journalism

No posts were found.

* News Feeds