collapse

Author Topic: So this is what a self actualized Filipino looks like  (Read 372 times)

Offline Qu Đơn

So this is what a self actualized Filipino looks like
« on: March 07, 2018, 01:25:34 PM »
https://www.theodysseyonline.com/dear-filipinos-hispanic-latino-southeast-asian

This is going to be a harsh post, but I'm sorry, sometimes you gotta get harsh on people to get 'em to swallow the red pill, and wake them up from the fantasy world they live in.

Also, this isn't meant to show any hatred against Filipino culture, as a matter of fact, just doing the opposite. Neither am I trying to dictate what you consider yourself, I simply have two words for what I'm doing: being realistic.

As Hispanic Heritage Month progresses, I feel very compelled to write this article.

One thing I get so (x1000) sick of is when Filipinos claim they are Latinos. My blood, which contains no Spanish or Latino ancestry, boils whenever I hear my cousins babbling on about our mythical Spaniard or Latino descent, neither of which, run in my family, like at all....or for this matter, in most Filipinos.

Yeah, I'm not claiming to be innocent, I used to be guilty of this too, buying Mexican flags and what not, and putting it alongside my Filipino flag years and years ago. Then going around school telling people I'm Hispanic-Filipino and that type of non-sense.

read more on the link...

Offline IronTree

Re: So this is what a self actualized Filipino looks like
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 03:10:51 PM »
I've had the misfortune of seeing and hearing some (fortunately very few) Vietnamese claim to be part French or something because of the colonial period. Really low IQ golly, especially since Vietnam has a lot of history and had our own nation, writing system, currency etc before the French colonial period which lasted for like 100 years max.

I also dislike how the author implies that Vietnam was as cucked by colonialism like the Philippines was "if Vietnam still spoke French". Like hell we ever spoke French or were subjugated for as long as they were.

Offline Qu Đơn

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 03:44:22 PM »
I am glad you use the word "nation" to describe Vietnam.  I know of two Vietnamese in my youth who claimed to be part French.  One of them was my grandfather´s brother who was an uneducated curmudgeon and the other was my mom´s 2nd cousin on my maternal grandmother´s side.  My grandfather has repeatedly stated to everyone he knows that we had zero French in our family and pretty much disowned that nutcase brother who is now wasting away in a Seattle nursing home because none of his children cared about him.  If some Vietnamese people have French heritage, then naturally it is their personal story, but to use that mixed race blood as though it connotes superiority over full blooded Vietnamese is a travesty.  I know fully that most Vietnamese people will not accept this but the Filipinos embrace this racial superiority in their country and overseas community to a fault. 

This is the reason I consider Filipinos a low culture ethnicity because whatever level of pre-Spanish cultural advancement they achieved had been intentionally left to rot in favor of Spanish era history.  One Filipino poster here wrote that Spanish culture is part of his country´s "inheritance" lol.  That´s like children of raped victims claiming their fathers to be great and honorable men who saved rare family jewels to pass down to them for safekeeping.  With the internet and ongoing archeological discoveries, there are enough cultural evidence to sustain a pre-Spanish Malay heritage that average Filipinos can be proud of.  I guess their low culture is a result of intentional historical amnesia.  As they say, ignorance is temporary but stupidity lasts forever.  You have to be pretty stupid to give up your own identity for something that others defined for you.  The French actually never called our people Vietnamese during their occupation but rather the portmanteau term "indochine" which I consider it a derogatory and racist word.  I am not decided if Indochine is worse than Napoleonites, to simply draw an imagined historical parallel with the ethnic designation "Filipino".

Offline Selurong

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 07:15:52 PM »
Hey man, you shouldn't look down on Filipinos just because of colonialism. I know for a fact that Vietnam itself was once colonized by China for a thousand years, far more time when the Philippines was colonized by Spain (330 years) but I don't look down on Vietnamese as cucks. Please stop the hatin, man.
The Romance Metropolis of the Far East
"The City of Manila"

Offline Qu Đơn

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 11:32:56 AM »
Every people was defeated militarily at one point in their history.  Colonialism is just a recently coined word for protracted occupation after defeat.  I am certainly not faulting the Philippines for this.  I am just pointing out how low culture your people are for CHOOSING to give up any culture you once had for the new colonialist culture that was forced upon you by the Spanish conquerors.  In the past, I did wonder though if this was the result of the Philippines being poor so the natives simply focus on more pressing matters just to survive.  However, I see the same white worshipping behaviors in Filipino Americans who have the 2nd or 3rd highest income in the United States among all ethnic groups so it is not due to lack of resources or information.  I don´t hate Filipinos.  In fact, I find the majority of Filipinos to be decent people.  I do notice that there is a tiny minority of Filipinos living in the West who begins to explore their roots to get a full grasp of their complete history.  The Filipino who wrote the article I linked in the original post is one such person.  He did not become self-actualized by accident but remarked that he came to this level of understanding after going through a period of intense research.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the previous name of Hochimich city?:

* Recent Posts

And just why wouldn't China Uncensored report on Huawei? by Strawberry&Rasberry
[Today at 12:35:54 AM]

Drone Age is really changing my understanding of Vietnam by gaden
[Yesterday at 10:03:22 PM]

Lazy azz Viet Fishermen use electricity to kill pond fish by gaden
[Yesterday at 10:00:53 PM]

Will China sue me? by gaden
[Yesterday at 09:27:03 PM]

Vietnam gets silver medal for least democratic country in Asia by gaden
[Yesterday at 08:55:54 PM]

If you are beautiful but your surrounding is deprived, how do you cope? by gaden
[Yesterday at 08:50:25 PM]

Would you give up pork to befriend Malaysians? by gaden
[Yesterday at 08:35:07 PM]

Vietnam will NEVER catch up with any of it's neighbours! by Tonkinese
[Yesterday at 08:31:11 PM]

lol d viet guy on theapricity by Tonkinese
[Yesterday at 08:26:42 PM]

Are my sculptures nice? by gaden
[Yesterday at 07:38:16 PM]

I am shocked Harvard´s Vietnamese Student Association allows Chinese by gaden
[Yesterday at 07:01:42 PM]

Why does China have a monopoly on kinky shietz? by Strawberry&Rasberry
[Yesterday at 06:51:09 PM]

Philippines sued China at ICC, now claim ICC rulings invalid by Strawberry&Rasberry
[Yesterday at 03:05:14 PM]

No protests by Greece or Italy? by Strawberry&Rasberry
[Yesterday at 02:12:26 PM]

On the internet, Cool Asians apparently prefer the Sinosphere by Strawberry&Rasberry
[Yesterday at 02:10:47 PM]

Ancient Middle East destroyed by cosmic airburst by Strawberry&Rasberry
[Yesterday at 12:51:11 PM]

Has anyone seen this movie? by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 07:02:31 AM]

in 30 years, Northern Vietnam likely be richer than Southern Vietnam by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 06:39:36 AM]

I just discovered another Viet "living national treasure":Nguyen Lan Phuong by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 06:37:42 AM]

Bang Kieu is one ugly dude but he bags the prettiest girls, how??? by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 06:16:52 AM]

Half Vietnamese girl with blue eyes wtf??? by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 05:40:21 AM]

I got abused for dissing K-pop by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 05:31:42 AM]

Auckland Vietnamese Restaurant seeks to Westernize the humble Chè by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 05:23:48 AM]

Extremely rare footage of Tuan Vu in Paris by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 05:20:20 AM]

Remittances by country, waste of money? by Qu Đơn