collapse

Author Topic: Why Vietnam communists don´t build any of their own government buildings?  (Read 265 times)

Offline Qu Đơn

They literally moved all their ministerial departments into French colonial buildings.  South Vietnam lasted for 20 years but they built nearly all their government buildings from scratch.  The Communists ruled Vietnam for 40 years already but they still host head of states in all these French colonial buildings.  I mean what the heo, why are they so shameless and lazy? 

Architecture, much like food and fashion, is a testament to the people´s ingenuity and worldview.  What legitimacy does these peasant commies have if they rule from the same buildings the French built and ruled from?  Even if they build a French style building at least they can say they built it themselves from their own designs.  This is why Nguyen Dynasty buildings, while clearly influenced by China, got a lot of originality because the inside is quite different to other Chinese palaces.  The architect and construction managers were all Vietnamese constructing block by block what they thought was quite advanced and aesthetically pleasing for the time.  Most Vietnamese French colonial buildings used bricks shipped all the way from Marseille.   

I know these commies love French designs so why not just build one to host foreign head of states?  They already do it on quite a grand scale for their own residences.  They are clearly rich enough these days to finance a grand presidential palace.  One Russian Kiloglass submarine costs like $250 millions.  Vietnam got 6, why not just get 5 and use the money for one really nice modernist office with state of the art plumbing and teleconferencing? Actually, landscaping is quite important so maybe get just 4 submarines and spend another $250 millions on a nice garden.

Offline Lavender

Bo may cai mat xau Quac cai nha dep can xau.

I get night mares every time I look at these trolls crinkly faces.

Offline NT

O what vain inquiries! What are these effeminate mores. Such frivolous eloquence, focusing on delight of futile men.

What is the meaning of these statues, these painting, these buildings?  Fools, what are you advocating. You made yourself slave of frivolous men. Do rhetorician govern you? Was it to enrich  architects, painters, actors that the people soaked this nation with their blood?

Ancient Athen was once a place know for its civility and good taste, the country of philosophy and orators. The elegance of her building were unparalleled. Marbles and  canvas, created and crafted by the most capable masters, can be seen from everywhere in the city. In present day, nothing of her inhabitant is left to us but memories of her heroic deeds.  Are her monuments worth less  than the curious marbles she has left us?

I may have agreed  if you advocated to raise monuments for the glory of the mind.

O eternal shame to a vain doctrine!

Offline Qu Đơn

so shameless, the interior is so fugly

South Vietnam got so much style dam!

Offline NT

This is Ho Chi Minhs stilt house. You probably did,'t know, but he was also a nature lover. A place where he practiced martial art, fish, and lived with nature. He enjoyed the simplicity of life.

The most important man in his nation of his time, he could've have anything he wanted--yet, he shied away from luxury. He who knew the danger of displaying wealth and lavishness. For luxury corrupts both the rich and poor simultaneously. One by accumulation and possession more of,  the other covetous. It sells the homeland to softness and vanity.

O praise be! He who only consulted the duties of men and the needs of nature, had time for nothing but the homeland, the unfortunate, and his people.

Offline Lavender

Asian interpretation of western traditional style always result in garishness.

Offline Qu Đơn

they should make all sovereign heads of states sit on the floor.  That would be cool.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the most common last name in VN?:

* Recent Posts

Vietnamese education system, how accurate is this? by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 09:40:22 PM]

USS Hue City--the only American battleship named after a battle? by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 09:21:24 PM]

This Chinese Claims "Kinh" are actually rebellious "Han" by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 07:21:14 PM]

When official gov collapses in Philippines, Total War of Communists Vs Islamists by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 07:18:05 PM]

Communist insurgents in Philippines getting stronger by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 07:11:32 PM]

Democracy is dead in Cambodia by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 05:43:19 PM]

Shadow Chinese Billionaires Invested Tons of Money into "Tesla Killer", FAILED! by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 05:23:22 PM]

21 Sikh Soldiers vs 1000s of Chinese - 1962 Indo-China war by JA DU ( transracial)
[Yesterday at 04:40:16 PM]

My mom wants me to date a Viet ghost by gaden
[Yesterday at 04:34:04 PM]

china is now building base in australia by JA DU ( transracial)
[Yesterday at 03:54:56 PM]

Vietnam´s future soldiers too Jollibee for Cui Chi tunnels??? by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 03:43:41 PM]

Are Kaity Nguyen´s big boobies the real deal? by UniFy(心臓盗人)
[Yesterday at 01:14:28 PM]

Vietnamese Must prepare for the Fifth Chinese Domination Era (year 2020-2120) by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 12:04:35 PM]

I wonder if this is Dora's project by gaden
[Yesterday at 11:17:28 AM]

The Racist Rant of Geraldine Lovely: Is this a typical Filipino? by Selurong
[Yesterday at 11:07:48 AM]

Can someone help me with a physics question I have? by gaden
[Yesterday at 10:59:29 AM]

Filipinos are not ugly! We're sexy chick-magnets. by Selurong
[Yesterday at 09:57:40 AM]

Melania trolled the press by Lavender
[Yesterday at 08:41:04 AM]

Cheesus by Lavender
[Yesterday at 07:28:22 AM]

poor infrastructures mean it is easy to create democratic government in Vietnam by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 05:38:45 AM]

Whatever happened to family jewels of the Nguyen Dynasty? by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 05:02:46 AM]

CSVN Nominate VNCH Troops Who Died Fighting Chinese to National Hero Status by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 04:32:17 AM]

Some natural beauties for Unify by UniFy(心臓盗人)
[Yesterday at 01:36:20 AM]

99.999% of Chinese culture and inventions have no source by Qu Đơn
[June 21, 2018, 06:00:35 PM]

southern rap by gaden
[June 21, 2018, 04:52:16 PM]

* News Feeds