collapse

Author Topic: I think Kyle Le is Khmer mixed  (Read 696 times)

Offline gaden

• Administrator
  • Mini Slum Lord
I think Kyle Le is Khmer mixed
« on: April 19, 2018, 03:02:56 PM »
His numbers on 23andme is:

83.3% SEA
12.1% Chinese

Vietnamese usually is 50% SEA and 50% Chinese.  I haven't seen vietnamese who is 83% SEA.  He could be Khmer ethnic in VN.

Offline IronTree

Re: I think Kyle Le is Khmer mixed
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 01:01:46 AM »
I bet you more than half of Vietnamese that can't trace their ancestry back to the North or North-Central provinces aren't true Kinh/Vietnamese. I'm proud to be a descendant of Bac 54 parents.

This Kyle guy is a pretty detestable guy, to be honest. Just a bum without any real skills making money by whoring out "his" culture to foreigners. Just disgusting.

Offline IronTree

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 01:33:09 AM »
God I just watched that video. Khmer Le and some mixed race mongrel woman masquerading as Vietnamese.

Offline 222

• ♪ J'ai Perdu Le Do De Ma Clarinette ♫ (French)
    • Google Viet Nam: Tiếng Việt / English / Français / 中文(繁體)
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 09:38:52 AM »
I also wonder about Zhuang DNA.

Would Zhuang DNA shows closer to general "Viet Namese" or to general "Chinese" (Southern)?

The Tai groups in Viet Nam (Tay and Nung) are better known as "Zhuang" or "Tai Zhuang" in Southern China (Guang Xi province).
南越國
NamViệt Quốc

(Nam Việt Kingdom / State) 204 BCE

Offline gaden

• Administrator
  • Mini Slum Lord
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2018, 02:22:23 PM »
The Zhuang would be similar to the Tay minority of Vietnam.  Their genetic makeup is very similar to Kinh.

Southern Chinese would probably be the Hoa people of VN.  You can see there is more separation between the Hoa and Kinh than Tay and Kinh.

Offline UniFy(心臓盗人)

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 05:27:18 AM »
For me, he is 90% khmer and 10% viet. No chinese genes in this guy.

Offline gaden

• Administrator
  • Mini Slum Lord
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2018, 09:19:16 AM »
According to my calculations someone who has 12.5% Chinese and 87% SEA would be 1/4th Vietnamese, comparing to general Vietnamese of 50% Chinese and 50% SEA.  This means that he has one grandparent who is Vietnamese and 3 prand parents who are 100% SEA.

Offline Lavender

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2018, 11:53:37 AM »
kyle le has that primitive look. that look is common in Vietnam actually.

Offline gaden

• Administrator
  • Mini Slum Lord
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2018, 01:45:51 PM »
His face is too round and short to be Vietnamese.  Vietnamese have more of a square long face.

Well...he does look like my cousin but my cousin has a broader forehead like Frankenstein.  My grandma used to tell us she how on earth are we related to him.

Offline SailorNeptune

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2018, 12:13:27 AM »
Updated Vietnamese results on 23andme where you can now see many of other people ancestry show that many Vietnamese indeed have less than 20% to 30% Chinese Ancestry. Many Vietnamese who are from the North, by (Vu's surname, ancestor's place of birth) show that Chinese ancestry varies from 10% to 70%, with most having 40% Chinese ancestry or less. I uploaded it on another thread.   http://vietrealm.com/index.php?topic=25083.msg72311;topicseen#new

For example, Kim Dao.  Hot Vietnamese chick, 23andme ancestry.

She is 76% SEA

She is Vietnamese, 77% SEA.  I would say she resembles the Muong people.

http://www.kimdaoblog.com/p/kim-dao-faq-frequently-asked-questions.html

Muong:

As more research for genetics come to light we will come to learn more about different ethnicity genetics, that includes Vietnamese people.  BTW outer appearance doesn't always match up with your ancestry.  She is more SEA than me, my updated results is 59.6% SEA with no South Asian, but I look more SEA than her.

Offline SailorNeptune

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2018, 12:34:49 AM »
Therefore you all need to stop with the if you don't have a certain amount of Chinese ancestry you are not Vietnamese and you are Khmer bullcrap, it makes us seem like we are Chinese wannabes.

Offline gaden

• Administrator
  • Mini Slum Lord
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2018, 09:47:33 AM »
I think there is a misconception on the 23andme nomenclature of certain ethnic groups.  The 23amdme categorizes each group according to geography or where you are likely to be located on the world map.  Since Vietnam sits on the borderline between China and SEA, Vietnam would be considered 50% Chinese and 50% SEA.  It does not mean you have half Chinese ancestry.  Some Chinese wannabes with poor self esteem would take this misconception to associate themselves with East Asians. 

It would also depends on the number of samples that they have to analyze.  There are not enough samples for Vietnamese to make a distinction between Vietnamese and southern Chinese and SEA.  But whatever they have you can make a general interpretation on the relative genetic distance from the general Vietnamese population.

GEDmatch has a better interpretation of your DNA results.

Offline SailorNeptune

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2018, 02:59:18 PM »
Did you know that they now break down SEA ancestry into Southeast Asian?

Cambodia
    Guam
    Indonesia
    Laos
    Malaysia
    Myanmar
    Philippines
    Singapore
    Thailand
    Vietnam

Here is Kyle Le's breakdown:

He scored Vietnamese, not Khmer.  He is more Vietnamese than me lol.

Here is mine:

My bf:

So similar to GedMatch which scored me closer to Dai, than Vietnamese, I scored closer to Laos because I have recent relatives on 23andme that are Laos, I have over 557 relatives on 23andme.  My second ancestry after Laos, is Vietnamese under SEA.

Here is the new upgrade for 23andme:
https://blog.23andme.com/ancestry/23andme-updates-ancestry-composition/

Traditionally, our Ancestry Composition report compared customers’ data to 31 different populations, allowing 23andMe to report the percentage of DNA that came from those regions. This helped connect individuals to their ancestry back 500 years before the advent of modern migration.

With this new update, we still make those estimates but add another layer of insights with clues to the location of much more recent ancestors. We can do this by looking for exact DNA matches between a customer and over 130,000 individuals of known ancestry from 120 regions across the globe. If a person exactly matches with five or more individuals from one of those specific regions, that region is assigned as a “recent ancestor location.” We also report the “strength” of the match, which is determined by how much DNA a customer shares with people from that region, adjusted by how many people are in the reference population.

So you see, as 23andme evolved over time it can be very  be that Vietnamese do not have an average of 50% Chinese ancestry, as many of my Vietnamese relatives and my bf do not on 23andme, and I clicked through many of them to compared. It seems that as they collect more data and more people sign up they are able to distinguish Vietnamese vs Chinese. It seems that "Vietnamese" on 23andme have enough similarity in their DNA for them to be able to do this
now.

Offline gaden

• Administrator
  • Mini Slum Lord
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2018, 10:36:04 AM »
@SailorNeptune you could be related to the Thai or Muong ethnic minority in VN.  should have your parents tested to see if they are ethnic minorities in Vietnam. 

I just noticed they put me as:

Chinese   54.4%
  Hong Kong

Southeast Asian   44.4%
  Vietnam

23andme is not a good way to determine your ethnic ancestry.  GEDmatch has a better algorithm to determine ethnicity.  GEDmatch says I'm further away from Chinese as I am from Cambodian.

Offline SailorNeptune

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2018, 02:15:22 PM »
Gedmatch told me the same thing.  It put me closer to Dai, then Vietnamese so it makes sense that I am closer to Laos on 23andme, whereas my bf was closer to Vietnamese. I bought another kit I will see if my mom wants to do it lol.

Offline gaden

• Administrator
  • Mini Slum Lord
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2018, 02:11:17 PM »
I think your dad is the mountain hill tribe man.  I saw a picture of your dad and he looks like you more than your mom.

It's fitting because the Muong wears one of those nurses cap, and you're also a nurse.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the most common last name in VN?:

* Recent Posts

Vietnam as a rich country is not as interesting? by Qu Đơn
[Today at 02:08:52 PM]

King of Thailand is 54,000,0000 TIMES richer than average Thai citizen by Qu Đơn
[Today at 02:03:43 PM]

Restaurant food is salty by gaden
[Today at 12:06:16 PM]

English proficiency is a double edged sword: Philippines by Lavender
[Today at 11:24:17 AM]

is she vpop material? by Lavender
[Today at 11:22:04 AM]

Phylogeographic, Genome Wide Study of Vietnam´s Ethnic Groups, 2017 by Qu Đơn
[Today at 05:58:02 AM]

Tuan Eckert in The Americans, Hoa Chinese appropriating Viet ethnicity? by Lavender
[Today at 03:25:29 AM]

wooden slippers by Lavender
[Today at 03:20:28 AM]

For $43K you can get a custom made mansion in Northern Vietnam by Lavender
[Today at 03:15:32 AM]

Incest by Lavender
[Today at 03:14:24 AM]

This song has 49 million views. by Lavender
[Today at 03:04:56 AM]

Well damn!! by Lavender
[Today at 03:02:30 AM]

If someone looks like your sister or brother would you date them? by bé map
[Today at 01:36:07 AM]

How did you lose your virginity ? by bé map
[Today at 01:21:00 AM]

Public debt a tricky issue by convoy
[Yesterday at 10:01:11 PM]

Would you date a Vietnamese with VERY slanty eyes? by bé map
[Yesterday at 08:50:59 PM]

100,000 Vietnamese people transported to France during WWI by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 05:46:47 PM]

A Democratic Revolution Has Begun in Vietnam by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 05:35:11 PM]

I plan to bury time capsules all over Vietnam by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 05:15:47 PM]

I´m confused, So the Dalai Lama lets me kill all the flies in my kitchen? by Lavender
[Yesterday at 12:15:49 PM]

Can Trump trade war with China cripple their economy? by Lavender
[Yesterday at 12:14:31 PM]

How Fob Chinese in Asia appropriate Overseas Asianness in Crazy Rich Asians film by Lavender
[Yesterday at 12:12:30 PM]

Why do Vietnamese people keep buying massage chairs that don´t work? by Lavender
[Yesterday at 12:09:01 PM]

Science: All Vietnamesoids (Southeast Asians) originate from Hoa Binh, Vietnam by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 11:22:11 AM]

Purple Patch is America‰Ûªs Best Filipino Restaurant and Heaven For Foodies by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 11:20:23 AM]