collapse

Author Topic: True or false about vietnamese behaviour  (Read 84 times)

Online UniFy(心臓盗人)

True or false about vietnamese behaviour
« on: October 11, 2018, 12:28:11 PM »
Vietnamese only think in short-terms and when planning something for long-term future, they often fail to deliver. Also, thinking with the heart is still a thing with viets, not use logic and reason before doing something. That's what I experience with viets I know, which are quite few but yeah. It's the same music also in Scandinavia.

Another thing, some viets are not honest. If you ask them, can you fix my car tomorrow? Even though they don't have the time or want to do it, they will often say yes because afraid to offend you if they refuse.

Offline Lavender

Re: True or false about vietnamese behaviour
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 02:26:11 PM »
Can you give some examples that you have encountered.

the thing with saying "no". I don't know now b/c I don't ask for favor from anyone anymore. I don't even ask my brother for a ride to the airport.  I offered to help a friend pack since she's moving and I'm sincere about it.

what I notice more with vnmese is in the business area. You look down on Chinese for bad customer service but they're still way ahead of vnmese.

Online UniFy(心臓盗人)

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 02:43:55 PM »
Some people I've encountered over the years bragging to do this and that. Example: One person said he will start fixing his garden next week and will tomorrow go to the store to buy equipement. A week after, nothing happens. When I meet him, it's like he's nervous and don't want me to ask him about it.

Other examples: Planning trips. Bring up 5 destinations, googling lots of places and resort. Nothing happens after a couple weeks and the person also behave the same as the garden guy. I've experience a LOT of these situations with viets. It's like a cultural thing to brag about something and don't deliver what you say you're going to do.

Offline Lavender

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 03:29:22 PM »
yeah, that situation you described I saw it in my own family.  don't make promise you can't keep and if you make promise make sure you follow through. Just b/c someone doesn't bring it up doesn't mean they forget.

I take these promise with a grain of salt. Until they actually produce result don't hold your breath.

as far as bragging in general, I see this bhv a lot in my SIL. I think it's low self-esteem. I don't know how many members of her family are multi millionairs, own this business, that business, buy million dollar home with cash, etc...the SIL and the brother themselves are living hand to mouth b/c they live beyond their means but outsiders don't know that.

I was like what's the point? When they needed money, they came asking me. How many of her rich relatives who they value much more than me, they dared to ask?

Online UniFy(心臓盗人)

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 03:38:23 PM »
Maybe that's one of the reasons why human developement in Vietnam is going so slow? Vietnamese is still stuck with bad mentality and on top of that ruled by a bunch of peasants that think the same way.

Many projects gets delayed and the price always gets higher than planned. 

Offline Lavender

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 03:47:41 PM »
delayed and budget overrun is big problem here in America all over and taxpayers are stuck with it especially bad in cali with crazy left governer jerry brown.

the only difference is in a rich country it's not so bad. In a poor country, it's a huge burden on its citizens. Here also citizens and yell and screams and sue the govt. In VN, good luck. citizens are "thap co, be hong". Nobody listens to them.

Online gaden

• Administrator
  • Mini Slum Lord
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2018, 01:03:57 PM »
I think Vietnamese tend to have big dreams but don't have the necessary means to achieve those dreams, that's just a sign of unrealized ambition.  It shows up in broken promises and planning.

Offline Qu Đơn

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2018, 01:07:23 PM »
Vietnamese people work better under Western type incentives.  As far as long term planning, this depends on individuals. 

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the previous name of Hochimich city?:

* Recent Posts

At what belt level does Vovinam train you with this skill? by Qu Đơn
[Today at 04:03:47 PM]

Hari Won trying to appeal to koreans by Qu Đơn
[Today at 03:46:35 PM]

Nguyen vs INS US Supreme Court ruling implies Viet Kieu women superior than men. by Qu Đơn
[Today at 03:42:06 PM]

So I tried brown rice pho noodles, taste so good! by Qu Đơn
[Today at 03:35:52 PM]

China sends Australia threat: Do not side with USA (too late lol) by JA DU ( transracial)
[Today at 07:43:25 AM]

Chinese now stir up trouble in Africa by JA DU ( transracial)
[Today at 07:42:06 AM]

Hindu nationalists say all Southeast Asia was colonized by Indians by JA DU ( transracial)
[Today at 07:29:03 AM]

A clear example of favoritism in world politics, how government fails the people by Qu Đơn
[Today at 06:40:23 AM]

EU finally eliminated 99% of import tariffs from Vietnam into EU by Qu Đơn
[Today at 06:30:42 AM]

Coconut as boiling pot? by Lavender
[Today at 03:33:01 AM]

Anti-bigboobism is sinicized culture, Buddhists are more tolerant of big breasts by Lavender
[Today at 03:02:03 AM]

Opening of new Coach store full of Chinese goods, celebrated like the New Year by Lavender
[Today at 02:59:51 AM]

Retarded Viet DJ changed her last name from Hoang to Hwang to ape the Korean by Lavender
[Today at 02:58:03 AM]

Lawmakers to cast confidence votes on high-ranking positions by convoy
[Yesterday at 10:11:20 PM]

Vietnam´s entire coasts now proven to be loaded with oil and gas #1 in ASEAN by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 06:57:08 PM]

Are east asians pupil more black than brown? by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 06:32:29 PM]

explosion of Vietnamese restaurants in Canada, fastest growth by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 06:23:09 PM]

Why Vietnamese don't invest in tables by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 06:05:12 PM]

Should we modernize Han-Viet vocabulary to pronounce like Mandarin Chinese? by Lavender
[Yesterday at 01:14:26 PM]

Tall models by Lavender
[Yesterday at 01:13:18 PM]

Will corrupt officials develop a sense of shame? by gaden
[Yesterday at 10:20:10 AM]

Classify Brunei´s Royal Family by gaden
[Yesterday at 10:12:25 AM]

where the hell did they get so many palm trees for Vincity? by gaden
[Yesterday at 09:38:09 AM]

Do you find this dude funny? by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 09:03:59 AM]

Hordes of Vietnamese students in Japan commit suicide due to overwork by Qu Đơn