collapse

Author Topic: Why Vietnam drive me crazy  (Read 54 times)

Offline Lavender

Online UniFy(心臓盗人)

Re: Why Vietnam drive me crazy
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 08:53:20 AM »
I've experience all these traits from my family and viets in general. But I believe poverty and ruled by a corrupt repressive govt contribute to some of these traits to continue, especially point 1, 2, 4, 7 and 13.

Offline Qu Đơn

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 09:35:38 AM »
lack of concern for private space has made some overseas Vietnamese very rich.  I know this one Vietnamese guy from Florida who rented out his entire 5 bedroom house while he lives in like the living room...

Offline gaden

• Administrator
  • Mini Slum Lord
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 11:52:09 AM »
Personal inconveniences and etiquettes are of less concern when you have other things to worry about in life, especially if you're struggling economically.  It's easy to comment the negative things if you are West.  He probably should compare VN to the slums or homeless of the West to be fair, if you're talking about the same economic conditions.

Offline Lavender

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 12:00:32 PM »
other than his complaints about the language, I pretty much agree with almost everything else.

I think vmese treat the bedroom as a place where people occasionally go when they need privacy. otherwise everyone piles into 1 big room.

My cousins lived with their uncles' family in VN before they got married. they were pretty well off. they had 3 story house. the top floor is the living room/altar room. The second floor consisted of three rooms. All the girls (7 of them) in one room and the parents stayed in one room. I think the one boy had his own room. Ground floor, 1/2 in the front used for storing their mopeds, in the back is the kitchen/dining room.

I know vnmese are practical and space is lacking but they could do better I think. instead of one huge room for 7 girls they could easily have created two rooms. Use part of the entire 3rd floor for at least one more bedroom.

the kitchen is inefficient too. They had this huge sunken area where you can squat and prepare food. that neither is sanitary nor look appealing since you're sitting in it. the moder way of having a kitchen counter top with a large sink would be better.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the previous name of Hochimich city?:

* Recent Posts

Saudi Arabia by UniFy(心臓盗人)
[Today at 05:59:15 PM]

At what belt level does Vovinam train you with this skill? by Qu Đơn
[Today at 04:03:47 PM]

Hari Won trying to appeal to koreans by Qu Đơn
[Today at 03:46:35 PM]

Nguyen vs INS US Supreme Court ruling implies Viet Kieu women superior than men. by Qu Đơn
[Today at 03:42:06 PM]

So I tried brown rice pho noodles, taste so good! by Qu Đơn
[Today at 03:35:52 PM]

China sends Australia threat: Do not side with USA (too late lol) by JA DU ( transracial)
[Today at 07:43:25 AM]

Chinese now stir up trouble in Africa by JA DU ( transracial)
[Today at 07:42:06 AM]

Hindu nationalists say all Southeast Asia was colonized by Indians by JA DU ( transracial)
[Today at 07:29:03 AM]

A clear example of favoritism in world politics, how government fails the people by Qu Đơn
[Today at 06:40:23 AM]

EU finally eliminated 99% of import tariffs from Vietnam into EU by Qu Đơn
[Today at 06:30:42 AM]

Coconut as boiling pot? by Lavender
[Today at 03:33:01 AM]

Anti-bigboobism is sinicized culture, Buddhists are more tolerant of big breasts by Lavender
[Today at 03:02:03 AM]

Opening of new Coach store full of Chinese goods, celebrated like the New Year by Lavender
[Today at 02:59:51 AM]

Retarded Viet DJ changed her last name from Hoang to Hwang to ape the Korean by Lavender
[Today at 02:58:03 AM]

Lawmakers to cast confidence votes on high-ranking positions by convoy
[Yesterday at 10:11:20 PM]

Vietnam´s entire coasts now proven to be loaded with oil and gas #1 in ASEAN by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 06:57:08 PM]

Are east asians pupil more black than brown? by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 06:32:29 PM]

explosion of Vietnamese restaurants in Canada, fastest growth by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 06:23:09 PM]

Why Vietnamese don't invest in tables by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 06:05:12 PM]

Should we modernize Han-Viet vocabulary to pronounce like Mandarin Chinese? by Lavender
[Yesterday at 01:14:26 PM]

Tall models by Lavender
[Yesterday at 01:13:18 PM]

Will corrupt officials develop a sense of shame? by gaden
[Yesterday at 10:20:10 AM]

Classify Brunei´s Royal Family by gaden
[Yesterday at 10:12:25 AM]

where the hell did they get so many palm trees for Vincity? by gaden
[Yesterday at 09:38:09 AM]

Do you find this dude funny? by Qu Đơn
[Yesterday at 09:03:59 AM]

* News Feeds