collapse

Author Topic: I think Vietnamese nationalists should adopt Muong ethnicity over Kinh  (Read 227 times)

Muong is like purer.  Untouched by Chinese civilization.  Noble Viet warrior savages.

left is Kinh, right is Muong

Re: I think Vietnamese nationalists should adopt Muong ethnicity over Kinh
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 12:31:21 AM »
See if you can understand Muong language.  The tones sound like central Vietnamese lol...

Offline gaden

• Administrator
  • The Grand Lord of Mopeds
Re: I think Vietnamese nationalists should adopt Muong ethnicity over Kinh
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 08:00:21 AM »
The Muong are our closest relative but I wouldn't say that we are the same people, not sure when they split off.  Some customs are the same and some are totally different. If there are no Chinese intervention we would be still different than the Muong.

Online Rude Boy

• Cờ lờ mờ vờ, cờ lờ vờ
    • Austroasiatic Phenotypes
Vietnamese is not solely Muong. The Muong did play an important role in the development of Vietnamese nation along with other sinicized migrants but its the Muong who inhabited the lowlands of Red River Delta and adopted Sinitic culture that made great contribution to Vietnamese society, not the Muong who stay in their highlands areas and pretty much don't care about what happens in the lowlands of Red River Delta.

Offline gaden

• Administrator
  • The Grand Lord of Mopeds
Vietnamese is not solely Muong. The Muong did play an important role in the development of Vietnamese nation along with other sinicized migrants but its the Muong who inhabited the lowlands of Red River Delta and adopted Sinitic culture that made great contribution to Vietnamese society, not the Muong who stay in their highlands areas and pretty much don't care about what happens in the lowlands of Red River Delta.

What do you mean?  The Muong never inhabited the lowlands of Red River Delta.  What about the Tho and the Chut?

* Recent Posts

* China Affinity

* Provocative Journalism

* News Feeds