collapse

Author Topic: I bought a scooter  (Read 370 times)

Offline gaden

• Administrator
  • The Grand Lord of Mopeds
I bought a scooter
« on: February 08, 2019, 05:10:36 PM »
What do you think of my new scooter?  Do I look tough?  I want to ride it around to a pho restaurant and show off my coolness.   After that I'll ride into the sunset. 

I bought it for $560 on craigslist.

Offline Chi-Com Killer( anti-dog eater Police)

Re: I bought a scooter
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 06:57:43 PM »
Yo whats up uncle gaden!!!

Offline gaden

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 07:59:35 PM »
I'm sorry but you should address me as grand lord of mopeds now.  I plan to finish a pho challenge a ride into the sunset to puke.

Everyone should get a scooter.  It has 100mi/gallon,  insurance is only $100/year, won't cause much damage in a crash.

Mod

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 09:23:42 PM »
Garden is leader of the mod gang.

Offline Lavender

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2019, 03:16:22 PM »
What do you think of my new scooter?  Do I look tough?  I want to ride it around to a pho restaurant and show off my coolness.   After that I'll ride into the sunset. 

I bought it for $560 on craigslist.

you should invest in a good helmet as well, and attach a go-pro to it in case someone crash into you. Be safe.

Offline gaden

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2019, 09:12:44 AM »
I have crashed and I'm almost dead.  You guys must avenge me. 

I was riding of a four lane street in the middle of Chinatown and an Asian girl lunged her car out from a parking lot and cut in front of me.  I slammed on my brakes, the front wheels locked and the scooter spun and flipped over.  I was skidding and rolling on the concrete for about 100ft.  The damnn beech just took off while I was lying there dead on the pavement.  I believe I also dislocated my thumb too.  But I wasn't about to cry because I'm tough man.  I just got up got back on my scooter and try to chase down the beech.  I don't know if I suffered brain or nerve damage because my arms and legs are kind of jittery.

She's got to be Chinese because she was coming out from a Vietnamese banh mi place, her car has one of those red tassel thingy hanging on the rear view mirror and I believe she had one of those cat with the waving arm on the dashboard.  You guys must avenge me and conquer China.

Online MultipleCoresOneCpu

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Os0M-qpTw0
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2019, 09:21:17 AM »
I thought you meant one of those electric scooters.  I have one of those and it goes pretty damn fast.  I skidded on wet puddles once when I rode after a rainy morning and ended up crashing and getting thrown off for about 15 feet.  Luckily I was disobeying the law and was riding on the sidewalk so I didn't get ran into by cars.  I predict that if you want to ride your moped for real you are going to need a lot more practice.
China spends more buying electronic components than it does on petro.

Offline gaden

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2019, 09:32:59 AM »
It's a 150cc gas scooter.  It gets 80 mpg and can go 60mph, but I've heard someone said they went up to 90 mph on the freeway.

I don't know why they designed the front wheels to have hydraulic brakes and the back wheel with manual brakes.  The front wheels would lock up if you brake abruptly and you would certainly crash if you are not used to it.  I believe that's what happened to the previous owner when she sold me the scooter.  She crashed and were afraid to ride it again.

Online MultipleCoresOneCpu

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Os0M-qpTw0
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2019, 09:38:03 AM »
It's a 150cc gas scooter.  It gets 80 mpg and can go 60mph, but I've heard someone said they went up to 90 mph on the freeway.

I don't know why they designed the front wheels to have hydraulic brakes and the back wheel with manual brakes.  The front wheels would lock up if you brake abruptly and you would certainly crash if you are not used to it.  I believe that's what happened to the previous owner when she sold me the scooter.  She crashed and were afraid to ride it again.

But it's a scooter so why would you want to put yourself in that high speed situation?  I seriously doubt anyone would want to ride a scooter at that high speed unless they were sure nobody else was on the road.
China spends more buying electronic components than it does on petro.

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2019, 11:15:40 AM »
Not vinfast enough.

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2019, 09:14:03 PM »
son of a beech!!!

I was in car accident last couple of months ago. i thinnk march. guess who?

some chinese driver who cant drive..

the stereotype that east asians cant drive is very very true

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2019, 09:18:17 PM »

I was riding of a four lane street in the middle of Chinatown and an Asian girl lunged her car out from a parking lot and cut in front of me.  I slammed on my brakes, the front wheels locked and the scooter spun and flipped over.  I was skidding and rolling on the concrete for about 100ft.  The damnn beech just took off while I was lying there dead on the pavement.  I believe I also dislocated my thumb too.  But I wasn't about to cry because I'm tough man.  I just got up got back on my scooter and try to chase down the beech.  I don't know if I suffered brain or nerve damage because my arms and legs are kind of jittery.

She's got to be Chinese because she was coming out from a Vietnamese banh mi place, her car has one of those red tassel thingy hanging on the rear view mirror and I believe she had one of those cat with the waving arm on the dashboard.  You guys must avenge me and conquer China.

dude!!! chinese people are cold blooded and lack basic morals.

Offline SailorNeptune

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2019, 09:21:13 PM »
Omg Gaden! How horrible.  That looks so painful.  Glad you are ok.

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2019, 09:21:44 PM »

uncle gaden. did you file a police report? they can actually catch the person from the parking lot cameras.

you have severe damage with near death experience, that is enough for your case to be taken seriously.

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2019, 09:25:48 PM »
you better hunt down this beech who did to you.

this b1tch didn't even have morals to call the ambulance for you.

Offline gaden

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2019, 01:47:27 PM »
But it's a scooter so why would you want to put yourself in that high speed situation?  I seriously doubt anyone would want to ride a scooter at that high speed unless they were sure nobody else was on the road.

I admit it is very dangerous riding in a scooter even at low speed.  Even without cars on the road you can easily get blown down by the wind, and get thrown with bumps and potholes.  I've gone as high as 50mph and the main problem is the wind.  you feel like you're going to get blown off your seat.
The small tires also do not give you a lot of stability riding at high speeds.

Offline gaden

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2019, 02:18:31 PM »
uncle gaden. did you file a police report? they can actually catch the person from the parking lot cameras.

you have severe damage with near death experience, that is enough for your case to be taken seriously.

Not only that, it gave me hemorrhoids or some blister on my butt.  My other palm, both knees had burns or blisters.  I'm glad I had one of those body wraps around my waist so that I can loose weight while riding.  It absorbed some of the impacts.  She didn't ran over my head so that's a plus.

I'm not sure if Asian malls have security cameras in the parking lot.  It happens right at a bus stop.  Maybe the city has cameras at the bus stop, to monitor public display of sexual encounters. 

* Recent Posts

How come Vietnamese don't Vietnamise Korean or Japanese, but do for Chinese? by Rude Boy
[Today at 12:14:38 AM]

Vietnam´s working age population begins shrinking in 2020 by Areyoudreaming234
[Yesterday at 11:01:30 PM]

Thailand Royalty (world´s richest) fully blinged out by
[Yesterday at 10:14:32 PM]

Samsung soon close factories in Vietnam by MultipleCoresOneCpu
[Yesterday at 10:11:13 PM]

I don´t think a single country in Asia respects the Philippines by
[Yesterday at 09:53:14 PM]

The Philippines has the largest IT-BPO market in the world. by
[Yesterday at 09:42:28 PM]

Hong Kong chinese are just as worse as mainlaind chinese by
[Yesterday at 09:37:10 PM]

USA/ALLIES should prepare to start a war with china.. by
[Yesterday at 09:35:19 PM]

I like VPOP when it portrays real Vietnamese life by
[Yesterday at 09:22:54 PM]

China Affinity should be under general discussion by Chi-Com Killer( anti-dog eater Police)
[Yesterday at 06:24:16 PM]

China has more enemies than friends by Chi-Com Killer( anti-dog eater Police)
[Yesterday at 06:08:00 PM]

Tourism target looks tough to hit by convoy
[Yesterday at 04:05:38 PM]

filipino man tried to bomb chinese resturant in philippines. by Chi-Com Killer( anti-dog eater Police)
[Yesterday at 02:58:53 PM]

Gedmatch results of ethnic Chams from Vietnam by SailorNeptune
[Yesterday at 01:08:36 PM]

The Philippines is really a Hispanic country & why Singapore will collapse soon by Chi-Com Killer( anti-dog eater Police)
[Yesterday at 08:25:42 AM]

* China Affinity

* Provocative Journalism

* News Feeds