collapse

Author Topic: Lam Sơn uprising (1418-1427)  (Read 2598 times)

Offline Rude Boy

• Cờ lờ mờ vờ, cờ lờ vờ
    • Austroasiatic Phenotypes
Re: Lam Sơn uprising (1418-1427)
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2019, 02:06:36 PM »
But I think it's sad to think that you wouldn't know what generalizations are.  Obviously you are generalizing the formation of Vietnam to the point where they are taking the view against the orthodox of Ming and I am generalizing the formation of Vietnam to the point where they want to take the view of Qing.
The formation of Vietnam was born out of the struggle against the Ming rule. So i named it the Birth of Viet Nam.

Offline Daisy

• I'M A GAY RETARDED DEAF MUTE VINAMEE HEALTH EXPERT
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2019, 02:23:27 PM »
The formation of Vietnam was born out of the struggle against the Ming rule. So i named it the Birth of Viet Nam.

Not really.  You can struggle against many different factions.  There's not one single thing that you struggle against that suddenly gives rise to your creation.  To take this view is tantamount to saying the US was really just born out of independance from England, which is completely wrong.  The US was born out of independance from Europe as a whole.  In fact the situation of Vietnam might not be any different.  Its struggle was against the orthodoxy which didn't just arrive during the Ming.  The orthodoxy of the Han was there since the time of the Han dynasty.  Vietnam had only been added to the dynastic imperial lands and then seceded subsequently because it could only stomach east Asian culture to a point.  Vietnamese culture was more about a rustic lifestyle without all the civilizational trappings of the Han Chinese.  Notice in your beginning quote by some sage character that Vietnamese was espousing the view of the singular, "the way", not this way and that way but only one way.  It's like I said, Vietnamese are a very simplistic people and are happy if foreigners acknowledge them or mistake them as other east Asians from time to time.

Offline Rude Boy

• Cờ lờ mờ vờ, cờ lờ vờ
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2019, 03:58:39 PM »
Not really.  You can struggle against many different factions.  There's not one single thing that you struggle against that suddenly gives rise to your creation.  To take this view is tantamount to saying the US was really just born out of independance from England, which is completely wrong.  The US was born out of independance from Europe as a whole.  In fact the situation of Vietnam might not be any different.  Its struggle was against the orthodoxy which didn't just arrive during the Ming.  The orthodoxy of the Han was there since the time of the Han dynasty.  Vietnam had only been added to the dynastic imperial lands and then seceded subsequently because it could only stomach east Asian culture to a point.  Vietnamese culture was more about a rustic lifestyle without all the civilizational trappings of the Han Chinese.  Notice in your beginning quote by some sage character that Vietnamese was espousing the view of the singular, "the way", not this way and that way but only one way.  It's like I said, Vietnamese are a very simplistic people and are happy if foreigners acknowledge them or mistake them as other east Asians from time to time.

If there had been no struggle against Ming rule, there would be no independent nation that would become today Vietnam. Its easy logic. The orthodoxy of Han Chinese was imposed on Vietnam the most during Ming occupation. Its during this time that the struggle was more evident than in comparison to Han or Tang ruled Northern Vienam. And the struggles against such orthodoxy imposed during Ming occupation gave rise to Dai Viet kingdom, Le dynasty and Dai Viet Su Ki Toan Thu, the most well written historical record of Vietnam.

Offline Daisy

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2019, 04:05:01 PM »
If there had been no struggle against Ming rule, there would be no independent nation that would become today Vietnam. Its easy logic. The orthodoxy of Han Chinese was imposed on Vietnam the most during Ming occupation. And the struggles against such orthodoxy gave rise to Dai Viet kingdom, Le dynasty and Dai Viet Su Ki Toan Thu, the most well written historical record of Vietnam.

No I think if there was no Qing there would be no Vietnam.  Vietnam wanted to take the view of the Qing even though Qing did not want to take the view of Vietnam.

Offline Rude Boy

• Cờ lờ mờ vờ, cờ lờ vờ
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2019, 04:08:36 PM »
No I think if there was no Qing there would be no Vietnam.  Vietnam wanted to take the view of the Qing even though Qing did not want to take the view of Vietnam.
Ok you win. I guess i should have used the phrase "the beginning of Le dynasty" than "the birth of Viet Nam" as a title for the historical texts i posted. You have a point that "Viet Nam" has only existed from Qing period.

Offline Daisy

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2019, 04:14:20 PM »
Ok you win. I guess i should have used the phrase "the beginning of Le dynasty" than "the birth of Viet Nam" as a title for the historical texts i posted. You have a point that "Viet Nam" has only existed from Qing period.

Oh, that is so sad.

Offline Rude Boy

• Cờ lờ mờ vờ, cờ lờ vờ
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2019, 04:17:56 PM »
Oh that is so sad.
I just wanted to use the phrase "the birth of Viet Nam" as a title so that it would make my long texts sound more attractive to readers. But then you remind me that i have to stick with whats right within the historical contexts. The people who fought against Ming rule didn't think that they were fighting for modern nation called Vietnam. They fought for Le Loi and his cause. Modern nationalism didn't exist back then but loyalty to monarchy.

Offline Daisy

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2019, 04:24:42 PM »
I just wanted to use the phrase "the birth of Viet Nam" as a title so that it would make my long texts sound more attractive to readers. But then i have to stick with whats right within the historical contexts. The people who fought against Ming rule didn't think that they were fighting for modern nation called Vietnam. They fought for Le Loi and his cause.  Modern nationalism didn't exist back then but loyalty to monarchy.

One hand there has always been a "Vietnam" at the core, in terms of character/principles and culture.  This is the one that is completely detached from Han China.  It speaks of days of independent glory and dominance of the southern frontier where Han dare not go.  On the other there is a Vietnam that is sufficiently modern in its identity to comprise of the whole of Vietnam and not just the original founders but it speaks of following the view of Qing.

Yes I get it now.  Vietnamese have too much shame.

Offline Rude Boy

• Cờ lờ mờ vờ, cờ lờ vờ
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2019, 04:39:36 PM »
One hand there has always been a "Vietnam" at the core, in terms of character/principles and culture.  This is the one that is completely detached from Han China.  It speaks of days of independent glory and dominance of the southern frontier where Han dare not go.  On the other there is a Vietnam that is sufficiently modern in its identity to comprise of the whole of Vietnam and not just the original founders but it speaks of following the view of Qing.

Yes I get it now.  You have too much shame.
So you want me to talk about history of medieval North Vietnam (Le, Mac, Trinh - Nguyen) or modern Vietnam? Sorry this thread is about Lam Son uprising. Please dont be a troll because i want good discussions.

Offline Daisy

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2019, 04:42:20 PM »
So you want me to talk about history of medieval North Vietnam or modern Vietnam? Sorry this thread is about Lam Son uprising.

Sorry there is nothing more you could tell me.

Please consolidate your topics into seven.  It would be more interesting if you could do it like this:

http://vietrealm.com/index.php?topic=35177.msg100392;topicseen#new

Offline Rude Boy

• Cờ lờ mờ vờ, cờ lờ vờ
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2019, 04:46:19 PM »
Sorry there is nothing more you could tell me.
Why do you have always to be a troll? You made a lot more contributions many discussions in the past but now you are like this. I checked history of your posts already. What changed you so much?

And its not like you are being a good troll to be honest since  you just make people feel tired seeing your post. I don't feel angry, frustrated, provoked or any negative feeling you are trying to make me feel. I want to engage with you in a more honest discussion but you make me feel less enthusiastic responding to you.

Offline Daisy

« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2019, 04:51:00 PM »
Why do you have always to be a troll? You made a lot more contributions many discussions in the past but now you are like this. I checked history of your posts already. What changed you so much?

Um, I'm always like this what on earth are you smoking?

Offline Rude Boy

• Cờ lờ mờ vờ, cờ lờ vờ
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2019, 04:56:27 PM »
Um, I'm always like this what on earth are you smoking?
im tired.

Name: Email:
Verification:
What is love? (bird, flower, ephemeral of life, tattoo, idn):

* Recent Posts

buddhist & Christians compatible? R flips compatible with QUdon buddhist states? by gnak
[Today at 02:00:52 AM]

Anyone remember this singer from the 80’s by Guess
[Today at 12:44:12 AM]

overseas Vietnamese are good with commercializing buddhism by
[Today at 12:16:08 AM]

Pandering only in cultural theme makes Vpop lose their creativety by
[Today at 12:12:16 AM]

Feel the power of America's Apple by
[Today at 12:09:35 AM]

I will be the most fashionable woman by
[Today at 12:07:31 AM]

Single korean men dream of high visual vietnamese girls they can never have by
[Today at 12:05:31 AM]

Vietnam: ASEAN’s New De Facto Leader? by
[Today at 12:03:40 AM]

terorist attack in Century Mall (Little Saigon) San Jose, CA by
[Yesterday at 11:56:53 PM]

I don´t understand why Buddhists even exist in Vietnam by
[Yesterday at 11:52:56 PM]

VN comrades perfecting the seafood buffet (export coming soon) by
[Yesterday at 11:49:33 PM]

Welcome to Apple Supplier Bac Giang Province by
[Yesterday at 11:45:00 PM]

I have executive job for Gaden by
[Yesterday at 11:39:03 PM]

Damnn! Why is this girl so smart by Guess
[Yesterday at 11:18:09 PM]

random thoughts thread by Guess
[Yesterday at 11:05:17 PM]

Vietcong Tradition: Live for the people, Die for the people by Vietcong 5 Dzung
[Yesterday at 10:18:20 PM]

Chinese Girl returns to her Root by LeLouch Rebellion
[Yesterday at 09:11:11 PM]

This song has amassed more than 2 billion streams in China by Yes
[Yesterday at 02:06:59 PM]

Healight: The Moonshot Not Yet Heard Round the World by Olive Juice
[Yesterday at 11:58:05 AM]

Pollutant fees should be applied for wastewater treatment by convoy
[Yesterday at 10:05:26 AM]

Non gymmer comrade has balls to call this curvy girl fat by Guess
[Yesterday at 07:02:29 AM]

Vietnam highway boom by
[Yesterday at 06:52:43 AM]

Localities face shortage of facilities to repair water vessels by convoy
[Yesterday at 04:02:53 AM]

This is my fav vietnmese band now by Guess
[October 21, 2020, 10:20:07 PM]

Comrades hacked Wikipedia, changed Vietnam GDP from $240 Billion to $340 Billion by Vietcong 5 Dzung
[October 21, 2020, 09:55:08 PM]

Nutmeg marble makes sense for once by Guess
[October 21, 2020, 08:59:18 PM]

this girl just irks me by Guess
[October 21, 2020, 08:54:47 PM]

why do vietnamese women like to dye their eyebrows? by Guess
[October 21, 2020, 08:46:59 PM]

Vietrealm's new anthem: Today is Saturday I want to go to a bar by Guess
[October 21, 2020, 07:56:54 PM]

Gourmet spring rolls by Guess
[October 21, 2020, 06:38:33 PM]

* News Feeds