collapse

Author Topic: Japanese culture is popular  (Read 85 times)

Offline AnNamMit

Japanese culture is popular
« on: June 16, 2019, 08:14:14 AM »
Anime for example is global popular compare to Hong Kong fantasy movies popular in few countries China, Vietnam, and some Asian countries.

I just watched No Game No Life anime, what it differ from those Chinese fantasy are.

. Promote intelligent over hardwork humble individuals
. Open mind on nudity
. Super power, gods, different world, multicultures.

Chinese fantasy
. Promote Chinese nationalism
. Mostly martial art kungfu
. Individuals are humble, righteous hard work over intelligence.
. Strictly nudity
. Chinese culture only

——- Japanese anime popular worldwide has English dub, translated to English novel, while Chinese fantasy move could not achieve the same popularity.

That said, if Vietnam wants to export its culture as soft power learn from the Japanese, stay away from Chinese culture.

Online MultipleCoresOneCpu

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Os0M-qpTw0
Re: Japanese culture is popular
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 09:01:01 AM »
That's it?  You spend all that time with supposedly "Tai" R9F as an insult to Chinese only to back away and come up with this measly insult.  Oh my god it should be soooo insulting for Chinese to know that they didn't specialize in anime anywhere near the degree of Japanese which necessarily shows they don't have high quality global softpower.  I mean that's all you could come up with after trying to sully the genetic origins of Chinese.  I mean seriously, that's it?  Anime? It's our achilles heel?  Wtf?

Even though China doesn't specialize in anime its culture has produced a gamut of good drama driven by socially relevant portrayals many of which have either been accepted as nominations or won academy awards.  Anime enters into the Oscars only recently and its choices for promotion reflect the naiveness of the animated community at large.  Such as thing with dub you are talking about because while much of the anime community doesn't need or even want dubs because subtitles in their own native language provides better translation the only thing that gets passed around apparently is productions coming out of disney.

I can't even speak for Vietnam because as of now it doesn't have anything so it doesn't matter who they want to market their material to either way because there's just nothing.
China spends more buying electronic components than it does on petro.

Offline AnNamMit

Re: Japanese culture is popular
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 02:15:11 PM »
could you try to separate genetic in different topic. There are already many threads out there. This is the culture thread.

The point is Chinese culture can never be popular like Japan.

Korea has Kpop, Japan has Anime and many other things, China is known of the kung fu flicks and 1.4 billion extremists stand ready to destroy the world.

People know of Vietnam mostly about food and budget travel destination, I suggest Vietnam should  stay away from those Wuxia when developing entertainment, because Wuxia sucks. When a country entertainment developed is difficult to change.

* Recent Posts

How come Vietnamese don't Vietnamise Korean or Japanese, but do for Chinese? by Rude Boy
[Today at 12:14:38 AM]

Vietnam´s working age population begins shrinking in 2020 by Areyoudreaming234
[Yesterday at 11:01:30 PM]

Thailand Royalty (world´s richest) fully blinged out by
[Yesterday at 10:14:32 PM]

Samsung soon close factories in Vietnam by MultipleCoresOneCpu
[Yesterday at 10:11:13 PM]

I don´t think a single country in Asia respects the Philippines by
[Yesterday at 09:53:14 PM]

The Philippines has the largest IT-BPO market in the world. by
[Yesterday at 09:42:28 PM]

Hong Kong chinese are just as worse as mainlaind chinese by
[Yesterday at 09:37:10 PM]

USA/ALLIES should prepare to start a war with china.. by
[Yesterday at 09:35:19 PM]

I like VPOP when it portrays real Vietnamese life by
[Yesterday at 09:22:54 PM]

China Affinity should be under general discussion by Chi-Com Killer( anti-dog eater Police)
[Yesterday at 06:24:16 PM]

China has more enemies than friends by Chi-Com Killer( anti-dog eater Police)
[Yesterday at 06:08:00 PM]

Tourism target looks tough to hit by convoy
[Yesterday at 04:05:38 PM]

filipino man tried to bomb chinese resturant in philippines. by Chi-Com Killer( anti-dog eater Police)
[Yesterday at 02:58:53 PM]

Gedmatch results of ethnic Chams from Vietnam by SailorNeptune
[Yesterday at 01:08:36 PM]

The Philippines is really a Hispanic country & why Singapore will collapse soon by Chi-Com Killer( anti-dog eater Police)
[Yesterday at 08:25:42 AM]

* China Affinity

* Provocative Journalism

* News Feeds