collapse

Author Topic: China pulls down Chinese in Singapore  (Read 66 times)

China pulls down Chinese in Singapore
« on: June 22, 2019, 08:44:19 PM »
This little Chinese enclave has been kissing China´s asss for years and will now pay for putting all their eggs in one basket.

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/economy/singapore-to-see-sharpest-slowdown-in-se-asia-this-year-with-19-gdp-growth-icaew

Singapore is expected to experience the sharpest economic slowdown in South-east Asia, with gross domestic product (GDP) growth slowing from 3.1 per cent in 2018 to 1.9 per cent this year, as its export outlook deteriorates following more tariff hikes from the US and China, said the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) in a report on Tuesday (June 4).

"As a small and open economy that is heavily dependent on exports, Singapore's growth will likely be the most negatively affected," the report noted.

Added Mr Mark Billington, ICAEW regional director for Greater China and South-east Asia: "Renewed trade tensions between the United States and China come at a time when export growth across the region is already facing a difficult external environment. With its links to China and dependence on exports, we expect Singapore to experience the sharpest slowdown in GDP growth across the region, with its economy likely to dip into recession in 2020, should external conditions further deteriorate."

Online Rude Boy

• Cờ lờ mờ vờ, cờ lờ vờ
    • Austroasiatic Phenotypes
Re: China pulls down Chinese in Singapore
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2019, 12:58:06 AM »
Why can't Kra canal come soon enough? Maybe when the technology gets better and the cost for such construction is reduced, we will see Malayan peninsula becomes irrelevant.

Re: China pulls down Chinese in Singapore
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2019, 01:06:56 AM »
I will see Singapore becomes irrelevant within my lifetime just like Hong Kong.  Chinese ethnic identity is cemented by money and nothing else.  Once that´s gone, they sell each other off to the highest bidder such is the case with Hong Kong and soon Taiwan.  Singapore will follow.  Ask yourself why the Chinese build Chinatowns wherever they go?  It´s due to weakness not strength.  Strong people integrate into their host society and become leaders such as that Alfred Nguyen guy I keep seeing in my dreams who will run for US president and win in the 2040s.

Why can't Kra canal come soon enough? Maybe when the technology gets better and the cost for such construction is reduced, you will see Malayan peninsula becomes irrelevant.

* Recent Posts

* China Affinity

* Provocative Journalism

* News Feeds