collapse

Author Topic: Vietnam´s working age population begins shrinking in 2020  (Read 186 times)

My grandkids will be so rich they will return to Vietnam in a few decades to buy up all the virgins.  Vietnam is dirt poor and aging. So sad.

Offline Selurong

Re: Vietnam´s working age population begins shrinking in 2020
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 04:46:31 PM »
My grandkids will be so rich they will return to Vietnam in a few decades to buy up all the virgins.  Vietnam is dirt poor and aging. So sad.

But at that point Vietnam will start getting the demographic dividend.

Sent from my CHM-U01 using Tapatalk

The Romance Metropolis of the Far East
"The City of Manila"

Offline Areyoudreaming234

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 05:11:35 PM »
The young people nowadays don't want to have many children (they are following the west, Japan, etc., which they shouldn't be right now) while people are living longer.

http://baophapluat.vn/dan-sinh/vi-sao-dan-so-viet-nam-gia-hoa-nhanh-den-vay-357958.html

The fertility rates of some Southeast Asian countries and their life expectancies:

Philipphines
Fertility rate: 2.92
Life expectancy: 69.09 years

Vietnam
Fertility rate: 1.95
Life expectancy: 76.25

Thailand
Fertility rate: 1.48
Life expectancy: 75.30 years

-----

People in VN are suggesting couples to have more children and to raise the retirement age (currently at 60 for men).

Offline Selurong

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 05:17:19 PM »
The young people nowadays don't want to have many children (they are following the west, Japan, etc., which they shouldn't be right now) while people are living longer.

http://baophapluat.vn/dan-sinh/vi-sao-dan-so-viet-nam-gia-hoa-nhanh-den-vay-357958.html

The fertility rates of some Southeast Asian countries and their life expectancies:

Philipphines
Fertility rate: 2.92
Life expectancy: 69.09 years

Vietnam
Fertility rate: 1.95
Life expectancy: 76.25

Thailand
Fertility rate: 1.48
Life expectancy: 75.30 years

-----

People in VN are suggesting couples to have more children and to raise the retirement age (currently at 60 for men).
Ageing populations are a precursor to economic decline. Japan aged first before the onset of the lost decades.

"The City of Manila"

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2019, 09:07:29 PM »
China´s working age population started shrinking in 2008.  And China hasn´t gotten much richer since. 

In Southeast Asia, only the Philippines has a growing working age population for the next 20 years.

This is a relatively dated chart but it shows that the working age population shrinks MUCH FASTER than many demographers expected back in 2010.  The reason is that poor countries like Vietnam and Thailand have adopted nearly the same fertility rate as rich countries.  In the case of Vietnam, abortion rate is the HIGHEST in the world which means that they are literally killing off future workers in addition to having less children.  Catholicism is saving the Philippines from this fate for only another 20 years, not until 2085 lol. 

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2019, 11:01:30 PM »
Chart and table of the Vietnam fertility rate from 1950 to 2019. United Nations projections are also included through the year 2100.

https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/VNM/vietnam/fertility-rate

Vietnam needs to figure out the right fertility rate. Having more kids than necessary is not good either.

Fertility Rate By Country 2019
http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/total-fertility-rate/

Offline Selurong

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2019, 05:09:32 AM »
China´s working age population started shrinking in 2008.  And China hasn´t gotten much richer since. 

In Southeast Asia, only the Philippines has a growing working age population for the next 20 years.

This is a relatively dated chart but it shows that the working age population shrinks MUCH FASTER than many demographers expected back in 2010.  The reason is that poor countries like Vietnam and Thailand have adopted nearly the same fertility rate as rich countries.  In the case of Vietnam, abortion rate is the HIGHEST in the world which means that they are literally killing off future workers in addition to having less children.  Catholicism is saving the Philippines from this fate for only another 20 years, not until 2085 lol. 

The problem for Vietnam can easily be solved by automation and just a little push plus high fertility rates aren't good either having a replacement fertility rate of 2.1 is just about right.

"The City of Manila"

Offline Selurong

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2019, 05:10:20 AM »
Chart and table of the Vietnam fertility rate from 1950 to 2019. United Nations projections are also included through the year 2100.

https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/VNM/vietnam/fertility-rate

Vietnam needs to figure out the right fertility rate. Having more kids than necessary is not good either.

Fertility Rate By Country 2019
http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/total-fertility-rate/
Vietnam has an ideal fertility rate or around 2.

"The City of Manila"

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2019, 05:59:56 AM »
Vietnam is hopeless.  They waited too long before opening up.  I do wonder what would happen to Vietnam if China chose not to open up when they did.  Vietnam would be just like North Korea now.  The VCP is just retarded and copy the Chinese in almost everything.  Their genotypic IQ optimization rate cannot be higher than 20%.

Offline Selurong

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2019, 06:07:53 AM »
Vietnam is hopeless.  They waited too long before opening up.  I do wonder what would happen to Vietnam if China chose not to open up when they did.  Vietnam would be just like North Korea now.  The VCP is just retarded and copy the Chinese in almost everything.  Their genotypic IQ optimization rate cannot be higher than 20%.
You have to have faith in your country Vietnamese GDP growth rates are the highest in Southeast Asia.

"The City of Manila"

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2019, 11:02:50 AM »
hope is simply despair disguised.  In the case of Vietnam, hope is actually a censored version of reality.  This is the reason our resident Vietrealm commie mouthpieces only see progress in Vietnam.

You have to have faith in your country Vietnamese GDP growth rates are the highest in Southeast Asia.

Offline gaden

• Administrator
  • The Grand Lord of Mopeds
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2019, 03:19:07 PM »
I didn't think there is a retirement age in VN.  People in their 90's would still work. 

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2019, 04:34:49 PM »
I didn't think their is a retirement age in VN.  People in their 90's would still work.

Yeah, especially in a country like VN.

Nearly half of retirement age people are still working. They have 2 sources of income.

https://baomoi.com/gan-nua-so-nguoi-da-nghi-huu-van-di-lam-an-2-luong/c/30902731.epi

---

In 10 years, from 2009-2019, the population of Vietnam has increased by 10.4 million people. People are not dying fast enough.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the previous name of Hochimich city?:

* Recent Posts

* China Affinity

* Provocative Journalism

* News Feeds