collapse

Author Topic: More than half of the world's donkey population could be killed  (Read 129 times)

Donkey hugger

More than half of the world's donkey population could be killed over the next five years to meet rising demand for Chinese medicine

five million donkey skins are used every year to make ejiao
This is a gel believed to cure anything from colds to ageing in Chinese medicine

China's donkey population has collapsed by 76 per cent since 1992 and the country now mainly imports skins from traders in South America, Africa and Asia.

Researchers found examples of unhygienic and inhumane processing conditions, including donkeys being bludgeoned on the head at one slaughterhouse in Tanzania while still conscious and restrained.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7710291/Half-worlds-donkey-population-killed-five-years-Chinese-medicine-demand.html

Stop believe in witchcraft, it is a JOKE! Nothing can cure everything, believings are witchcraft, hocus pocus noncenses!

Meanwhile pain is true and every animal deserves to at least to be killed with minime pain but when the reason to die is just witchcraft, taking their lives for nothing is wrong.

Offline gaden

• Administrator
  • The Grand Lord of Mopeds
Re: More than half of the world's donkey population could be killed
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 02:49:13 PM »
The only way to stop these practices is by education.  My guess is that when the older generations less and less people will demand sorcery methods to cure illness.  That is if they stay in school and adopt modern medicine.

Although there is a novelty associated with the exotics.  I've seen snake wine, scorpion wine, even a bird wine all over VN.  They say it helps male virility.  I think it's the sorcery or draw of the unknown that creates the mystique.

No reason

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2019, 02:48:53 AM »
The only way to stop these practices is by education.  My guess is that when the older generations less and less people will demand sorcery methods to cure illness.  That is if they stay in school and adopt modern medicine.

Although there is a novelty associated with the exotics.  I've seen snake wine, scorpion wine, even a bird wine all over VN.  They say it helps male virility.  I think it's the sorcery or draw of the unknown that creates the mystique.

People around the world killed too many species extinct just because people are idiots.

OJ_mamiso

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2019, 05:31:23 AM »
Very well said Master of Witches!

GOSH

Offline gaden

• Administrator
  • The Grand Lord of Mopeds
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2019, 05:09:12 PM »
People around the world killed too many species extinct just because people are idiots.

It could also be because of the affluence trying to separate themselves from the masses by demonstrating their opulence. 

It is estimated that 90% of the big sharks are wiped out because of demand for shark fins.  Shark fins are nothing but skin and cartilage and does not enhance the taste of the dish and does not have any health properties.  Yet people eat it for status.

Gordon Eats Shark Fin Soup in Taipei - Gordon Ramsay

inhuman human

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2019, 09:58:49 PM »

It could also be because of the affluence trying to separate themselves from the masses by demonstrating their opulence. 

It is estimated that 90% of the big sharks are wiped out because of demand for shark fins.  Shark fins are nothing but skin and cartilage and does not enhance the taste of the dish and does not have any health properties.  Yet people eat it for status.

Gordon Eats Shark Fin Soup in Taipei - Gordon Ramsay

People do weird things for status. Sushi is still counted as something what the sophisticated people eat yet they hate the taste (not all of course, some people loves sushi). Then why they eat it just to "look good" when they don't even like it?
What comes to shark fins some of them only cut fins and leave the sharks dying  :( . I don't understand that lack of empathy in people, at least kill it and not leave it suffer. I wish in this would be the supernatural happend and those evil people would feel the same pain in their own bodies what they are causin to animals.
Some western people eat shark fin pills too. I once got one shop to stop selling them  :)

Olive Choose

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2019, 10:25:30 PM »
Italian mortadella lunch meat is made of either horse or donkey meat.  -kissyface
Delicioso and it's not expensive at all.

caush

Name: Email:
Verification:
Who is the newest member on the forum?:

* Recent Posts

Who says philosophy doesn’t pay? by Cheesy Olive
[Today at 08:34:57 AM]

Why are aircraft carriers getting better by Cheesy Olive
[Today at 08:22:38 AM]

If Philippines was Monticello by Cheesy Olive
[Today at 08:20:03 AM]

Was Thomas Jefferson partly black himself? by Cheesy Olive
[Today at 08:17:46 AM]

Women tell: Kindness for Europeans, religion and politics for Americans by Unicorn
[Today at 03:02:08 AM]

Body positive people by Multidimensional
[Yesterday at 09:00:26 PM]

Acceptance: The Key to a Happy Marriage by Chill bruhh
[Yesterday at 08:51:56 PM]

Cool Patios by Olive Juice
[Yesterday at 08:22:53 PM]

Return of the rainbow by gaden
[Yesterday at 05:46:53 PM]

Mom gave birth to multiple babies without an amniotic sac by gaden
[Yesterday at 05:35:49 PM]

GAAAAAADEEEEEEN <3 <3 <3 by gaden
[Yesterday at 05:32:42 PM]

What Austronesians look like by All fixed
[Yesterday at 12:04:11 PM]

Standardisation of agriculture production benefits everyone: official by convoy
[Yesterday at 10:04:25 AM]

Chinese boxer challenges heavyweights by Gāokējì
[Yesterday at 08:08:07 AM]

Sikhapore no more no. 1 in pizza by Gāokējì
[Yesterday at 04:05:47 AM]

Austronesian testers tried taking Sun Yang's Austroasiatic blood samples away by Gāokējì
[Yesterday at 04:02:42 AM]

Health ministry proposes e-cigarette and shisha ban by convoy
[Yesterday at 04:00:25 AM]

Austroasiatics for China, discuss Austronesian tactics against their motherland by Gāokējì
[Yesterday at 03:59:54 AM]

Biosphere 2 tests human endurance for long space mission by CoconutXO
[Yesterday at 02:01:40 AM]

Asian culture tabus - Deaths of stars by Condolences
[December 03, 2019, 10:53:50 PM]

* China Affinity

No posts were found.

* Provocative Journalism

No posts were found.

* News Feeds