collapse

Author Topic: Acceptance: The Key to a Happy Marriage  (Read 206 times)

Spiritual love

Acceptance: The Key to a Happy Marriage
« on: December 02, 2019, 07:04:48 AM »
When I accept my spouse, I am able to say, "I love you just as you are. I don't want to change anything about you as a person. If you have big feet, or a short attention span, that is just fine with me. I wouldn't trade in anything that is part of who you are." When you can say those things, you've accepted your spouse.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/acceptance-the-key-to-a-happy-marriage_b_8554062?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAC_W1l670FAzO4vgN6hteiy5kqnQZGShHuApwXmKA1lv5sbp2AhrhVHlrjIal74gwB3G3C7tIBUgCpqVzoQMraenzpBOrUNSBUR2_WSgeOQ8TUYFlPnAo1bZHZVpTu_3kivaNq515zPGOw1cLR7rzwmdajp_dKn_eFnEdi2USkOD

To radically accept someone means: I know of your flaws, failures, weaknesses, and shortcomings. I still love you, here and now. I won’t resist or resent these differences and shortcomings. I will try to extend them tenderness and make peace with them.

“Go and love someone exactly as they are. And then watch how quickly they transform into the greatest, truest version of themselves. When one feels seen and appreciated in their own essence, one is instantly empowered.”

(But, if he is truly a jerk, abusive, overly narcissistic, has substance abuse issues, or anything along those lines, Radical Acceptance is not the answer. If there’s mental, physical, or emotional abuse of any kind, get out of the relationship, full stop.)

https://www.yourtango.com/2014213919/secret-unconditional-love-radical-acceptance

Offline Gāokējì

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8ageZStLec
Re: Acceptance: The Key to a Happy Marriage
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 07:40:44 AM »

I RAISE MY GLASS
No mystery to "made in China 2025", we are just destined to be top, that's how strong we are

Bye bye bye

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 10:00:45 AM »
If you're fat, then you love food more than your man/woman.
 If you're broke, then you love being lazy more than your family.
If you are not willing to spend time and raising your child, then you love your career and religion more than your kids.

Etc...

We have standards. If they are not met, baby I want to see you out that door. Bye bye bye.

:)

not even hellos

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2019, 10:56:15 AM »
If you're fat, then you love food more than your man/woman.
 If you're broke, then you love being lazy more than your family.
If you are not willing to spend time and raising your child, then you love your career and religion more than your kids.

Etc...

We have standards. If they are not met, baby I want to see you out that door. Bye bye bye.

:)
If you are a weight watcher, then you love looks and controlling more than your man/woman as a person and soul. (=no reason to be together)
If you want to marry money, then you love money more than your spouse (=no reason to be together).
If you never spend time at work and have your own hobbies and your own goals and time you have no skills nor energy to raise your child and give time to her when you are at your best, then you are just angry and tired, dominated home slave without your own life. Therefore you have no anything to give to your kids (=no reason to have kids).
Yes, there is a lot of standards and a lot of views and sometimes they meet and sometimes they don't. But usually there is no love either if the standards does not meet so there is no need for good byes. Cannot say goodbyes before welcomes. You have to speak about these things before starting dating so nobodys time is wasted.

Offline gaden

• Administrator
  • The Grand Lord of Mopeds
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2019, 02:08:14 PM »
I thought the key to a happy marriage is throwing a dice and hope that your mom can find you a hot chick to marry.

My mom tried to find me a big muscular chick so she can do a lot of work.

Strange things

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2019, 11:08:52 PM »
I thought the key to a happy marriage is throwing a dice and hope that your mom can find you a hot chick to marry.

My mom tried to find me a big muscular chick so she can do a lot of work.

And nobody wanted to be your work donkey, how weird....

OlivenCheese

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2019, 11:15:44 PM »

Hey don't knock it until you try it, just ask our sinified austronesian member here - he loves donkeys and donkeys love him back.  -kissyface

Cheeses

Offline gaden

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2019, 11:59:04 AM »

Marriages cannot be all about happiness.  Happiness is self-inflicted.  Marriage is about sharing and caring, which means dealing with the worst that you can imagine and hanging on for dear life and loving it.  It's like living and dealing with a troll.

Most people have an advance notion of the lovey dovey marriage with flowers and and happy faces and the wholesome goodness.  But once they encounter some slight nuisance about the other person they scam and heads towards the door. 

That is what is happening in modern society, people get to choose what or who they want, which means that it's all about their own happiness.  That's why 50% of marriages end up in divorce.

Marriage is love

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2019, 12:25:16 PM »

Marriages cannot be all about happiness.  Happiness is self-inflicted.  Marriage is about sharing and caring, which means dealing with the worst that you can imagine and hanging on for dear life and loving it.  It's like living and dealing with a troll.

Most people have an advance notion of the lovey dovey marriage with flowers and and happy faces and the wholesome goodness.  But once they encounter some slight nuisance about the other person they scam and heads towards the door. 

That is what is happening in modern society, people get to choose what or who they want, which means that it's all about their own happiness.  That's why 50% of marriages end up in divorce.
You have to learn to appreciate yourself more if you think your becoming wife would equal to a troll  :( Everything what you say even at tired or angry day is what you choose. You can always choose the love before saying something bad to your spouse. Everyone are able to fight and yell but it is caring to not to do so. Same with when the moneys causes stress or you are sick. It is choosing how to solve things out and either respect or not respecting your spouse. What comes to forum trolls you as admin are able to cut them all by closing posting as a guest and closing all unwanted usernames from posting. You can even shut the countries by posting if you want to. Be a cruel admin and let your forum shine by the way you want to. It is your creation as marriage is 2 persons creation  -heart

Offline gaden

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2019, 01:50:58 PM »
You have to learn to appreciate yourself more if you think your becoming wife would equal to a troll  :( Everything what you say even at tired or angry day is what you choose. You can always choose the love before saying something bad to your spouse. Everyone are able to fight and yell but it is caring to not to do so. Same with when the moneys causes stress or you are sick. It is choosing how to solve things out and either respect or not respecting your spouse. What comes to forum trolls you as admin are able to cut them all by closing posting as a guest and closing all unwanted usernames from posting. You can even shut the countries by posting if you want to. Be a cruel admin and let your forum shine by the way you want to. It is your creation as marriage is 2 persons creation  -heart

What I am saying is in order to build a happy relationship you have to start slow and learn to love, trust and build your security with the other person.

Who do you think the other person is?  Do they think the same as you?  Do you expect them to think the same as you?  Do you think trolls on this forum can't be loved?  Are they any different than your loved ones? How many percentages are trolls on this forum anyway?

I'm all for happy marriages but not from coming out of a book like directions.  You have to live and learn.

Offline Winner

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2019, 06:30:33 PM »
Deep pocket and big đick = key for man

Hot body and tight p$$y = key for women

My name is Bob

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2019, 08:59:08 PM »
That's right, boys. Big shrimp and lots of money. COT DAM, no women can resit a good drilling and material flexing..Those Vajayjay will be dripping wet thinking about such a man. She will love you forever. A girl just want to show off her diamond ring, Bentley, and her perfect manicure. A girl just want a man with big shrimp to funk her brains out.

The key to a happy marriage.

small please

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2019, 10:13:18 PM »
Deep pocket and big đick = key for man

Hot body and tight p$$y = key for women
Actually it is only 2 days back when I got good laughs of a study which told that suprisingly big percent of women are suffering because of too big toys and they had to find a man with a smaller toy. Also at a time when women are making their own money, pocket does not matter.

Surely proved

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2019, 10:16:25 PM »
That's right, boys. Big shrimp and lots of money. COT DAM, no women can resit a good drilling and material flexing..Those Vajayjay will be dripping wet thinking about such a man. She will love you forever. A girl just want to show off her diamond ring, Bentley, and her perfect manicure. A girl just want a man with big shrimp to funk her brains out.

The key to a happy marriage.
You are still talking about your attraction to hookers. I believe by your posts that those are only you can have.

Choose love always

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2019, 10:40:00 PM »

What I am saying is in order to build a happy relationship you have to start slow and learn to love, trust and build your security with the other person.

Who do you think the other person is?  Do they think the same as you?  Do you expect them to think the same as you?  Do you think trolls on this forum can't be loved?  Are they any different than your loved ones? How many percentages are trolls on this forum anyway?

I'm all for happy marriages but not from coming out of a book like directions.  You have to live and learn.
You can also start fast, people and couples are different. Slow woman to a slow man and fast man to a fast woman. Trust is gone by one bad action and after that there is no chances to continue a relationship. Without a trust there is no anything. People are very different by their characters and for example "cleaning the air" by fighting has different consequences for different couples. Meanwhile couple A does not carry old fights with them to next fights, couple B keeps them with in all their new fights also. All bad things which are said are never gone. Then couple C does not fight by the way which causes more insults to deal with, but they are silent till they can discuss without insults. Not all tempers are same and not all ways fit to everyone but I (in real life) don't fight but continue discussing when that is fruitfull. I don't see any point to be in a relationship which chooses hurting instead loving. Yup, bad day but you can discuss why it was bad and not yell your hurt feelings to your partner to get negative energy out of your body. So in your every action, choose the loving way to keep your love alive forever.

My name is Bob

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2019, 02:55:21 AM »
You are still talking about your attraction to hookers. I believe by your posts that those are only you can have.

A hooker doesn't care about big dicc or money. She only cares if a man can pay for the asking price in exchange for a particular service.

So you are wrong.

Just as I said :)

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2019, 03:49:14 AM »
A hooker doesn't care about big dicc or money. She only cares if a man can pay for the asking price in exchange for a particular service.

So you are wrong.
Well, didiii!!!!!! Her price is a Bentley and a diamond ring, she is asking that price just as hookers do.

Offline gaden

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2019, 05:59:55 PM »
You can also start fast, people and couples are different. Slow woman to a slow man and fast man to a fast woman. Trust is gone by one bad action and after that there is no chances to continue a relationship. Without a trust there is no anything. People are very different by their characters and for example "cleaning the air" by fighting has different consequences for different couples. Meanwhile couple A does not carry old fights with them to next fights, couple B keeps them with in all their new fights also. All bad things which are said are never gone. Then couple C does not fight by the way which causes more insults to deal with, but they are silent till they can discuss without insults. Not all tempers are same and not all ways fit to everyone but I (in real life) don't fight but continue discussing when that is fruitfull. I don't see any point to be in a relationship which chooses hurting instead loving. Yup, bad day but you can discuss why it was bad and not yell your hurt feelings to your partner to get negative energy out of your body. So in your every action, choose the loving way to keep your love alive forever.

Of course the right kinds of people can't be matched with one another.  How do you explain the 50% divorce rates with modern society of personal freedom and the right to chose, and in the past where you have zero dicorce rates and less chance to choose your partner?

To me, when you are forced to live with someone, like your brother or sister, you are forced to grow your love over time.  I believe that's what's happening with arranged marriages and whatnot.   Not everyone can be perfect, you'll have to deal with those imperfections.

I've heard of couples breaking up because of a simple problem one partner is snoring too loud.  Well heck...put him in another room or hold his nose or something.  But I think the main reason is that their 'perfect' partner has a defect.

Chill bruhh

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2019, 08:51:56 PM »
Well, didiii!!!!!! Her price is a Bentley and a diamond ring, she is asking that price just as hookers do.

She did not asked  for it. You brought it for her cause you love her.

Gosh, you're SOOOO  judgemental, dude. Chillax bruh...

Name: Email:
Verification:
Who is the newest member on the forum?:

* Recent Posts

Why are aircraft carriers getting better by Ch1nky Asian
[Today at 03:08:42 AM]

Chinese boxer challenges heavyweights by Ch1nky Asian
[Today at 02:56:23 AM]

If Philippines was Monticello by Ch1nky Asian
[Today at 02:47:43 AM]

Entire Viet factory pander to Japanese by
[Today at 02:38:46 AM]

I am not a plant dude! by CoconutXO
[Today at 12:31:32 AM]

Vung Tau has biggest Jesus in Southeast Asia by Olive Juice
[Yesterday at 08:45:25 PM]

SEA Games 2019 by Past Seagames
[Yesterday at 08:41:48 PM]

Return of the rainbow by CoconutXO
[Yesterday at 07:00:05 PM]

Vietnamese go back to Chinese level performance by
[Yesterday at 06:01:48 PM]

Was Thomas Jefferson partly black himself? by Gāokējì
[Yesterday at 05:59:48 PM]

Cool Patios by gaden
[Yesterday at 05:02:07 PM]

Body positive people by gaden
[Yesterday at 04:48:28 PM]

Who says philosophy doesn’t pay? by gaden
[Yesterday at 04:37:24 PM]

Instrumental music by gaden
[Yesterday at 04:20:17 PM]

Women tell: Kindness for Europeans, religion and politics for Americans by Unicorn
[Yesterday at 03:02:08 AM]

Acceptance: The Key to a Happy Marriage by Chill bruhh
[December 04, 2019, 08:51:56 PM]

Mom gave birth to multiple babies without an amniotic sac by gaden
[December 04, 2019, 05:35:49 PM]

GAAAAAADEEEEEEN <3 <3 <3 by gaden
[December 04, 2019, 05:32:42 PM]

What Austronesians look like by All fixed
[December 04, 2019, 12:04:11 PM]

Standardisation of agriculture production benefits everyone: official by convoy
[December 04, 2019, 10:04:25 AM]

* China Affinity