collapse

Author Topic: World is f*cked: CCP virus is uncontained and has become a global pandemic  (Read 8713 times)

Offline Rude Boy

• Cờ lờ mờ vờ, cờ lờ vờ
    • Austroasiatic Phenotypes
NTD reporting

WHO doesn't even want to talk about Taiwan lol

Offline Rude Boy

• Cờ lờ mờ vờ, cờ lờ vờ
A man collapsed while protesting against the authority

Another episode of dead body lying on street is here

Also lol at China sending 600k faulty masks that had been used by their health workers to the Netherlands.

Offline Rude Boy

• Cờ lờ mờ vờ, cờ lờ vờ
After an accidental release of CCP virus, is China now conducting bioweapon attacks on the US and other nations by letting more Chinese become the victims of the epidemic (basically sacrificing part of their population) to spread more of the virus into other nations and then blaming America military to direct the public outrage against the US? Also bioweapon can be stored in targeted nations stealthily so there is absolutely no deterrence against any bioweapon attack, unlike a nuclear bomb which requires a lot of components in order to be made and detonated within targeted nations.

Also to think China wants to protect other nations from this pandemic and let China alone suffer from this disease is naive. China wouldn't want to be the only one that will have an economic collapse and end up in a worse place than other nations.

Bankruptcies in China

Offline Rude Boy

• Cờ lờ mờ vờ, cờ lờ vờ
OMG UK's PM is in ICU

NTD reporting

A city in Heilongjiang goes under lock down

Offline SailorNeptune

• Administrator
Update: My co-worker is now hospitalized with pneumonia and is on oxygen.

Our EVS personnel is also very ill.

I started feeling not so well, body aches, slightly sore throat, chills, diarrhea, abdominal cramping, fatigue, and overall malaise.  I went to go get tested today.  I had been taking vitamin D, C, multivitamin, and steaming my body in traditional herbal leaves twice a day. Hopefully, the result comes back negative. 

Offline Guess

See if you can enroll in the study at the end of the post.

I think the panic comes from not knowing, not having a prophylaxis, no good testing and vaccine.

But I think the report can be overly biased. Now drs can make presumptive dx of covid 19 infection even before testing can be done. I think it's OK to be overly cautious, better to have a high index of suspicion. but goes to show, do  not panic.

you can look at the figures on the CDC website and links on it to follow up on the articles. Basically 9.2-35.5 mil flu infection per year. MOrtality is 12,000 to 61,000 in 2017-2018. works out to be between 0.13% and 0.16% mortality from that.

the current mortality rate is still fluid at this time because we haven't had enough testing to get the complete figures so I can't even comment on that.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html

there's a clinical trial for covid-19 prophylaxis. They are still enrolling. You can enroll if you live anywhere in the US and certain cities in Canada.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04308668

Offline Olive Juice

• Mini Drug Lord
Update: My co-worker is now hospitalized with pneumonia and is on oxygen.

Our EVS personnel is also very ill.

I started feeling not so well, body aches, slightly sore throat, chills, diarrhea, abdominal cramping, fatigue, and overall malaise.  I went to go get tested today.  I had been taking vitamin D, C, multivitamin, and steaming my body in traditional herbal leaves twice a day. Hopefully, the result comes back negative. 

Hope you recover well and soon.  It's scary enough going groceries shopping for essentials let alone being near sick people in a stressful environment. 

Offline Rude Boy

• Cờ lờ mờ vờ, cờ lờ vờ
Nations spraying disinfectants

Body bags all over the place in an Italian hospital

Tunisia

Jamaica

They say this is in Vietnam but i never see Tuktuk in Vietnam

Likely to be Thailand or Cambodia

The near future of SN and her coworkers.

Can you not speak Vietnamese?  That is clearly not Vietnamese but Cambodian.  There is a Khmer market next to my apartment in Thailand.

Offline Rude Boy

• Cờ lờ mờ vờ, cờ lờ vờ
Can you not speak Vietnamese?  That is clearly not Vietnamese but Cambodian.  There is a Khmer market next to my apartment in Thailand.
You can hear some Vietnamese at the beginning of the vid. It was "Đậy lại đậy lại đậy lại". My guess is that the vid was taken in Phnom Penh.

China has a very capitalist healthcare system (from 5:52 to 9:44)

Basically if you can't pay, you will be killed in a hospital.

The virus already has 9 different strains and can cause lung, brain, testicular damage without showing symptoms. On certain surfaces the virus can survive up to 10 days.

Wuhan lock-down has been lifted and dead bodies lying on the streets (3:34 -> 7:47)

However areas in Guangzhou has gone under lock-down (5:17 -> 10:04)

Offline Guess

Another clinical trial for Remdesivir. This med was created for Ebola but didn’t get fda approval.

https://www.gilead.com/purpose/advancing-global-health/covid-19/remdesivir-clinical-trials

Offline Olive Juice

• Mini Drug Lord
Malaria drugs we're shown to cure covid19 too, but is also not approved.

Here's something new:. Unlike humans, most animals can create vitamin c, including bats.  Researchers found when bats generate vitamin c, they're not affected by the virus.  However, when researchers deliberately prevent bats from producing vitamin c, the bats weren't able to overcome the virus.

Offline gaden

• Administrator
  • The Grand Lord of Mopeds

You mean gin and tonic? 

How about Vodka and orange juice?  It contains a lot of vitamin C, and a lot of alcohol as disinfectant.  I drink this everyday and I'm healthy as hell.  Except that I dislocated my shoulder joint lifting the bottle up and down too much.

Offline SailorNeptune

• Administrator
Hope you recover well and soon.  It's scary enough going groceries shopping for essentials let alone being near sick people in a stressful environment. 

Thank you.  I am feeling so much better, just a slightly itchy throat!

Offline Guess

Here's something new:. Unlike humans, most animals can create vitamin c, including bats.  Researchers found when bats generate vitamin c, they're not affected by the virus.  However, when researchers deliberately prevent bats from producing vitamin c, the bats weren't able to overcome the virus.

What I meant was remdesivir was not approved for Ebola. In contrast chloroquine has approval for malaria.

Beautiful

It is a beautiful sight, to see anyone who bare calamity with cheerfulness. Not out of insensitivity or stupidity, but through greatness of mind.

I've seen to many stressful, fearful, and hateful people. They are common as the grass.

Offline Olive Juice

• Mini Drug Lord

Thank you.  I am feeling so much better, just a slightly itchy throat!
I'm glad you are OK.  All medical staff members who work during this trying times are true heroes and deserving of accolades.

I will outline precautionary measures in my following post so we all can defeat this virus.  I have strong faith that we can prevail, and we will.

Offline Olive Juice

• Mini Drug Lord
What I meant was remdesivir was not approved for Ebola. In contrast chloroquine has approval for malaria.

Yes, chloroquine was approved for malaria.  It was a very effective treatment, but also comes with tonnes of side effects.

Chloroquine was also shown to be effective in treating covid 19, but wasn't approved.  I do not trust the doctors advocating chloroquine isn't the answer that the media had been talking about. 

Offline Olive Juice

• Mini Drug Lord
This virus is characterized by obstructing the respiratory pathways with thick mucus, that solidifies and blocks the airways and lungs. So,  in order to be able to apply a medicine, you have to open and unblock these airways, so the treatment can be used to take effect. However, all of this takes a number of days.  Recommendations to what you can do to safeguard yourself are:

1. Drink lots of hot liquids:  soups, teas, warm water. In addition, take a sip of warm water every 20 minutes, because this keeps your mouth moist and washes any of the virus that’s entered your mouth, into your stomach, where gastric juices will neutralize it before it can get to the lungs.

2. Gargle with an antiseptic in warm water, like vinegar, or salt, or lemon, every day if possible.

3. The virus attaches itself to hair and clothes. Any detergent or soap kills it, but you must take a bath or a shower when you get in from the street. Avoid sitting down anywhere, and go straight to the bathroom or shower. If you cannot wash your clothes daily, hang them in direct sunlight, which also neutralizes the virus.

4. Wash metallic surfaces very carefully, because the virus can remain viable on these for up to nine days. Take note and be vigilant about touching handrails and door handles, etc. I guess within your house as well, you can make sure you are keeping these clean and wiping these down regularly.

5. Don’t smoke.

6. Wash your hands every 20 minutes, using soap that foams. Do this for 20 seconds, and wash your hands thoroughly.

7. Eat fruits and vegetables. Try to elevate your Zinc levels, and not just your Vitamin C levels.

8. Animals DO NOT spread the virus to people. It’s person to person transmission.

9. Try to avoid getting the Common Flu, I guess because this already weakens your system.

10. If you feel any discomfort in your throat, or a sore throat coming on, attack it immediately using the above methods. The virus enters the system this way, and remains for three or four days within the throat before it passes into the lungs.

Offline Guess

Good advice for fighting early.

Why do you think chloroquine is not what it’s cracked up to be?

Name: Email:
Verification:
How deep is your love? (very deep, shallow, none, FU):

* Recent Posts

Saigon´s greatest bespoke shoemaker by
[Today at 03:04:24 PM]

Why don´t these Vietnamese just do Vpop instead? by
[Today at 01:41:48 PM]

Funny Pictures and Videos by Melenaeno
[Today at 12:35:21 PM]

Random Chit Chat Thread by Melenavht
[Today at 12:02:44 PM]

Self autonomy a trend for Vietnamese universities by convoy
[Today at 04:03:54 AM]

Cool images by CoconutXO
[Today at 02:42:17 AM]

The Deepest Dive in Antarctica by CoconutXO
[Today at 02:37:38 AM]

Bird Doesn't Care About Being Eaten by CoconutXO
[Today at 02:24:55 AM]

Spider Monkey Rescued by CoconutXO
[Today at 02:20:05 AM]

Puerto Ayora fish market by CoconutXO
[Today at 02:15:13 AM]

Jamaican broom by CoconutXO
[Today at 02:10:18 AM]

Overdramatic dog faints while a lady tries to cut its nail by CoconutXO
[Today at 02:04:30 AM]

random thoughts thread by Melenavht
[Today at 02:03:29 AM]

No more 3rd world status, Vietnam is on par with Thailand: Saigon Metro by CoconutXO
[Today at 01:56:15 AM]

Hot girl training to be VC by CoconutXO
[Today at 01:27:06 AM]

Rice field arts by CoconutXO
[Yesterday at 12:56:27 AM]

Ultimate Guide to FISH SAUCE - Hot Thai Kitchen by CoconutXO
[Yesterday at 12:27:44 AM]

Classical Conditioning - Ivan Pavlov by CoconutXO
[Yesterday at 12:15:45 AM]

Bánh tráng trộn by CoconutXO
[Yesterday at 12:06:13 AM]

Apple Kohakuto|HidaMari Cooking by CoconutXO