collapse

Author Topic: Diary of a garden fairy  (Read 176 times)

Garden fairy

Diary of a garden fairy
« on: April 04, 2020, 01:26:53 PM »
First "indoors" plants planted

- Apricot

- Lemon (lemon is already peeking)

Lets see what happends with them as there is snow and cloudy days. I have extra lights but they never made a difference anyways.

Garden fairy

Re: Diary of a garden fairy
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 11:02:02 PM »
I also seed lavender even I have no idea where I put it when winter comes  :p

Garden fairy

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 11:05:39 PM »
Freesia planted itself, it  just decided to grow indoors, it was outdoors last summer and I just saved it from the winter.

Garden fairy

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2020, 11:07:19 PM »

Offline Guess

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2020, 05:14:20 PM »
I also seed lavender even I have no idea where I put it when winter comes  :p

Did they take? I read you put them in wet paper towel in the fridge for 3 weeks to germinate then plant them in the ground. Cheaper than buying the plant. Besides even when you spend the money the plants may not survive. They like well drained sunny spots.

I have tons of placeS to put them, in the front planters and the side planters. They grow like crazy in the wild.

Offline Guess

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2020, 05:16:17 PM »
I have small clusters of freesia that come back year after year but not enough to make a statement. In order for plants to look good they need to grow in large sluggers.

Seeder

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2020, 05:36:44 AM »
Did they take? I read you put them in wet paper towel in the fridge for 3 weeks to germinate then plant them in the ground. Cheaper than buying the plant. Besides even when you spend the money the plants may not survive. They like well drained sunny spots.

I have tons of placeS to put them, in the front planters and the side planters. They grow like crazy in the wild.
I bought organic lavender seeds. Last time they grew without any tricks. They don't survive outdoors at winter time here and indoors are usually bad to spend a winter too. Lets see if it grows and what happends when I remove it jnside when autumn comes. So they usually die before getting out for for the second summer. But I have a different place now, let's see if they can live. Indoors and winter placing is my problem.

Garden fairy

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2020, 05:43:00 AM »
I have small clusters of freesia that come back year after year but not enough to make a statement. In order for plants to look good they need to grow in large sluggers.
Mine is on the bucket, you would not believe if I would tell the whole story  :D They look good no matter where they are, you know, after coming desperate with nothing grows, even a grass in a bucket looks good!

Offline Guess

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2020, 10:24:54 AM »
I bought organic lavender seeds. Last time they grew without any tricks. They don't survive outdoors at winter time here and indoors are usually bad to spend a winter too. Lets see if it grows and what happends when I remove it jnside when autumn comes. So they usually die before getting out for for the second summer. But I have a different place now, let's see if they can live. Indoors and winter placing is my problem.

I think what I read was you place them in the fridge in simulate the dormant condition of the winter so they can germinate but take them out in the spring. Right now the spring is still unusually cold so maybe too early.

Garden fairy

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2020, 01:13:21 PM »
It seems my rhododendron survived over winter. No idea if it makes flowers or not. It was just something I bought on sale and without any meaning to plant it as the variety was more like summer season usage. We got more snow today, I build a terrace "wall".

Offline CoconutXO

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2020, 10:18:07 PM »
Fairies usually show up in beautiful gardens and forests.

A fairy (also fata, fay, fae, fair folk; from faery, faerie, "realm of the fays") is a type of mythical being or legendary creature in European folklore (and particularly Celtic, Slavic, German, English, and French folklore), a form of spirit, often described as metaphysical, supernatural, or preternatural.

Tree hugger

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2020, 10:49:10 PM »
Fairies usually show up in beautiful gardens and forests.

Yeah, fairy as a fairy is more commonly used so I use it. We have plenty of folklore with odd words that other world does not know and they are not translated. Also there is good and bad spirites, fairies, elvs and all other kind of creatures so their names would not tell anything about their meanings. So fairy is well known as a "good" spirite of something so I use it rather than specific names of something.

I actually love more than anything that landscape with moss and small, especially small spruces. They tend to grow quite a fast but when they are small they are wonderfull forest babies  -heart

On our cabin we have a spot like that and dogs like to roll on the moss. I also love the forest behind to be a lot of trees no matter big or small and not just a couple of trees. I would feel very lost and lonely and afraid without a lot of trees, they are like a hug of environment which holds you in a lap, so overlapped by trees   -hug

Offline CoconutXO

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2020, 11:16:53 PM »
In Iceland ppl are more into fairies and gnomes.

Many rocks are sacred as they are portals to elemental realms.

(bribe them... shhhh)

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2020, 11:21:33 PM »
In Iceland ppl are more into fairies and gnomes.

Be carefull with nasty ones, they will cause you troubles  ;)

Offline CoconutXO

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2020, 11:39:03 PM »
Acknowledging their presence.

Being diplomatic and sensible, etc.

Name: Email:
Verification:
How deep is your love? (very deep, shallow, none, FU):

* Recent Posts

Saigon´s greatest bespoke shoemaker by
[Today at 03:04:24 PM]

Why don´t these Vietnamese just do Vpop instead? by
[Today at 01:41:48 PM]

Funny Pictures and Videos by Melenaeno
[Today at 12:35:21 PM]

Random Chit Chat Thread by Melenavht
[Today at 12:02:44 PM]

Self autonomy a trend for Vietnamese universities by convoy
[Today at 04:03:54 AM]

Cool images by CoconutXO
[Today at 02:42:17 AM]

The Deepest Dive in Antarctica by CoconutXO
[Today at 02:37:38 AM]

Bird Doesn't Care About Being Eaten by CoconutXO
[Today at 02:24:55 AM]

Spider Monkey Rescued by CoconutXO
[Today at 02:20:05 AM]

Puerto Ayora fish market by CoconutXO
[Today at 02:15:13 AM]

Jamaican broom by CoconutXO
[Today at 02:10:18 AM]

Overdramatic dog faints while a lady tries to cut its nail by CoconutXO
[Today at 02:04:30 AM]

random thoughts thread by Melenavht
[Today at 02:03:29 AM]

No more 3rd world status, Vietnam is on par with Thailand: Saigon Metro by CoconutXO
[Today at 01:56:15 AM]

Hot girl training to be VC by CoconutXO
[Today at 01:27:06 AM]

Rice field arts by CoconutXO
[Yesterday at 12:56:27 AM]

Ultimate Guide to FISH SAUCE - Hot Thai Kitchen by CoconutXO
[Yesterday at 12:27:44 AM]

Classical Conditioning - Ivan Pavlov by CoconutXO
[Yesterday at 12:15:45 AM]

Bánh tráng trộn by CoconutXO
[Yesterday at 12:06:13 AM]

Apple Kohakuto|HidaMari Cooking by CoconutXO