collapse

Author Topic: 30 year old Dai Gia paid half a million for FUGLY AZZ Chinese furniture  (Read 457 times)

Offline Olive Juice

• Mini Drug Lord
I would be able to convert the hall into a conference room/library similar to the pic below.  I'm not into dloves that much so it's actually would be better without them in that location.  I don't have plans to move so the intention was to not buy temporary, knockoff furnitures and decoratives.  Thanks for the tips bro.

I would convert that space to a conference room or a mini library since it gets lots of early morning sunlight.  It can double as office space when things get too loud elsewhere.  You can get window plastic film to minimize sun glares.  The Germans make the best quality ones and available at many boutique retailers.  They do not only block and filter sunlight but give normal transparent glass a design look.  Mine look like Lalique frosted glass.  The use of draapes for functional sun block is really outdated unless you actually like the look.  They apply like adhesive stickers and last a long time, like 3-5 years before needing replacements.  The only downside is you can´t see out but people can´t see you either.  One way glass is available but we are talking about huge $$$ instead of a few hundred dollars.  Then there are automatic blinds electronically controlled to close upon exposure to sunlight.

from the outside they look cool but it is more believable viewed inside the home out.

Offline Guess

I like the idea of privacy adhesive, maybe I should start looking. Right now I have the dloves drawn because I don’t want people to see inside but it makes the room dark.

Decorating fairy

I think of baroque as a style that's very dynamic and theatrical.  I don't necessarily love it, but I don't detest it either.  My decorative taste falls with colors and symbolism more so than with a particular style.

There is an area in my house that I thought baroque decorations would fit well in, but I would never furnished the whole house with that type of style.

Am I doing baroque justice?  Any input is welcomed because I'm still putting the place together.

Is not your wife half italian and baroque born in Italy, she might have a touch in her genes ;) Later baroque went into France but it's origin is in Italy. Or if she does not like furnishing and decorating then:
One main factor is roof paintings, chandeliers are usually on the roof and there is a "special chair" .

You are right about the dynamic and theatrical; Roof paintings express strong dialoque and are dramatical. Usually with some religious marks.
Your fit is a dragon talking to a god , choose all factors as plants etc. by which are meaningfull you 2 and your kids. Draw your story, make it more than just a nice painting.

Actually those crazy curtains would fit the idea of baroque by being A) high and unbalanced (something out of their place). Baroque is symmetrical but at same time there must be something what is not on it's place. B) Dramatical, that it is. That upper part of curtains is typical baroque model. I actually like that type when it is curved alike it makes "orchidea". You could carve decorative pieces to balcony panes. They could be as big as replace the curtains or just small details.

You must buy some books of baroque style and make a nest on the hall and start to create your own baroque illusion with your family.
Add something from everyone but of course make them fit together.

What comes to colors that does not seem to be very high space so if you are committing baroque which demands the roof painting to succees then some light walls to not shrink the room.

Are you able to set higher glassdoors? Extra windows up there would raise the feeling of higher room. That picture does not show the shape of roof an other gable of the room. Upper windows could follow the shape of roof if that is possible. It seems so uneven on that photo, where it goes on the right? Is there as much space than yon the left? Is that wall oblique on the left? If there is similar space on the right, you could use left side sitting and looking outside and baroque altar would be on the right if there is no straight view on the balcony. Then furnitures could be on the right side of door and sitting place on the left side. you just need to know what you value more , what is practical, what is more on your taste. Is there ever need to sit down and stare the rain on that spot, if not then that is useless.

You have the "pillar" which is one main factor in baroque too, roof seems to have corners and such I would keep the pillar as vulcano which spews the paintings as a continuum for the baroque halls roof painting. Hard to say when cannot see the roof shape in total. But it would be great when coming on steps and see the view. Not too much spewed paintings but just it makes a soft becoming as you see the baroque roof and all other place at same time. Then you can fit the other parts better together in bigger view. Of course as a person with christmas room and summer room I have very dramatical changes in my house but I don't like too much open consepts and I have doors to separate views from each other  :p

Is there a roof window on the middle of all? It seems interesting roof consept with many surfaces and corners, you could really oplay with that by settling stars and roof arts. You could fade it during the space changes.

If you don't hide the pillar with library system , then maybe change it more into baroque style pillar. Your steps pillars are already baroque fit.

Apparently you like the floor so when adding wooden items don't let them drown on the floor. Wchich means something like if you have same color of wood above each other that is just a mess and you don't know anymore what is floor, what is furniture, what is wall and what is roof (in worst case they are all wood in same color) But of course this as everything else is what YOU (and your family) like. You should not be interested what your friends or other people are thinking or do they like it or not. You are the one who lives there and stares it 24/7 so if you love empty, simple and not colorfull without decorating, keep it that way, it is your castle. It supposed to make you feel homy and enjoy everyday, make you glad and maybe bring laughter with fun details. If crazy curtains or some other detail brings you laughter then keep them even rest of the world would hate them deeply.

Anyway which way that space supposed to work? Because you could also think your chandelier women to be side of the balcony doors when sometimes people want to look outside and not stare walls. Is the focus is doors then change the order, if the focus is that wall with baroquish altar then keep the focus on it. Is there something to sit on or is it just way to balcony?

It is now kind of something what you see on your eye corner when you climb up and go to other rooms. When you change the focus on the doors, it it something what turns your head and calls in.

I wrote a book and I am not going to reread this, sorry all the bad wordings, brain farts, writing and thought errors and such   -shrug

Online gaden

• Administrator
  • The Grand Lord of Mopeds
Those draspes look horribles...and those ceiling fans..geezzzz...

OJ said those came with the house...but look at his floor.  It is so clean you can convert it to a hospital for the homeless. I actually dig the roccoco commode assuming that is not a reproduction from Maitland-Smith.

Those draspes look horribles...and those ceiling fans..geezzzz...

that is a long thought.

Is not your wife half italian and baroque born in Italy, she might have a touch in her genes ;) Later baroque went into France but it's origin is in Italy. Or if she does not like furnishing and decorating then:
One main factor is roof paintings, chandeliers are usually on the roof and there is a "special chair" .

You are right about the dynamic and theatrical; Roof paintings express strong dialoque and are dramatical. Usually with some religious marks.
Your fit is a dragon talking to a god , choose all factors as plants etc. by which are meaningfull you 2 and your kids. Draw your story, make it more than just a nice painting.

Actually those crazy curtains would fit the idea of baroque by being A) high and unbalanced (something out of their place). Baroque is symmetrical but at same time there must be something what is not on it's place. B) Dramatical, that it is. That upper part of curtains is typical baroque model. I actually like that type when it is curved alike it makes "orchidea". You could carve decorative pieces to balcony panes. They could be as big as replace the curtains or just small details.

You must buy some books of baroque style and make a nest on the hall and start to create your own baroque illusion with your family.
Add something from everyone but of course make them fit together.

What comes to colors that does not seem to be very high space so if you are committing baroque which demands the roof painting to succees then some light walls to not shrink the room.

Are you able to set higher glassdoors? Extra windows up there would raise the feeling of higher room. That picture does not show the shape of roof an other gable of the room. Upper windows could follow the shape of roof if that is possible. It seems so uneven on that photo, where it goes on the right? Is there as much space than yon the left? Is that wall oblique on the left? If there is similar space on the right, you could use left side sitting and looking outside and baroque altar would be on the right if there is no straight view on the balcony. Then furnitures could be on the right side of door and sitting place on the left side. you just need to know what you value more , what is practical, what is more on your taste. Is there ever need to sit down and stare the rain on that spot, if not then that is useless.

You have the "pillar" which is one main factor in baroque too, roof seems to have corners and such I would keep the pillar as vulcano which spews the paintings as a continuum for the baroque halls roof painting. Hard to say when cannot see the roof shape in total. But it would be great when coming on steps and see the view. Not too much spewed paintings but just it makes a soft becoming as you see the baroque roof and all other place at same time. Then you can fit the other parts better together in bigger view. Of course as a person with christmas room and summer room I have very dramatical changes in my house but I don't like too much open consepts and I have doors to separate views from each other  :p

Is there a roof window on the middle of all? It seems interesting roof consept with many surfaces and corners, you could really oplay with that by settling stars and roof arts. You could fade it during the space changes.

If you don't hide the pillar with library system , then maybe change it more into baroque style pillar. Your steps pillars are already baroque fit.

Apparently you like the floor so when adding wooden items don't let them drown on the floor. Wchich means something like if you have same color of wood above each other that is just a mess and you don't know anymore what is floor, what is furniture, what is wall and what is roof (in worst case they are all wood in same color) But of course this as everything else is what YOU (and your family) like. You should not be interested what your friends or other people are thinking or do they like it or not. You are the one who lives there and stares it 24/7 so if you love empty, simple and not colorfull without decorating, keep it that way, it is your castle. It supposed to make you feel homy and enjoy everyday, make you glad and maybe bring laughter with fun details. If crazy curtains or some other detail brings you laughter then keep them even rest of the world would hate them deeply.

Anyway which way that space supposed to work? Because you could also think your chandelier women to be side of the balcony doors when sometimes people want to look outside and not stare walls. Is the focus is doors then change the order, if the focus is that wall with baroquish altar then keep the focus on it. Is there something to sit on or is it just way to balcony?

It is now kind of something what you see on your eye corner when you climb up and go to other rooms. When you change the focus on the doors, it it something what turns your head and calls in.

I wrote a book and I am not going to reread this, sorry all the bad wordings, brain farts, writing and thought errors and such   -shrug

Offline Olive Juice

• Mini Drug Lord
Those are Brazilian cherry wood, a type of hardwood that's even harder than oak.  I bought the commodes here: https://www.chairish.com/collection/commodes/rococo

OJ said those came with the house...but look at his floor.  It is so clean you can convert it to a hospital for the homeless. I actually dig the roccoco commode assuming that is not a reproduction from Maitland-Smith.

You need some shiny sterling silver center pieces on top of that commode.  At least get a sterling tea set or a shiny vase.  I judge the attractiveness of an interior by putting myself in the shoe of a gentleman burglar.  Is there anything in this house I want to steal?  If not, it is ugly.

Those are Brazilian cherry wood, a type of hardwood that's even harder than oak.  I bought the commodes here: https://www.chairish.com/collection/commodes/rococo

Offline Olive Juice

• Mini Drug Lord
I have enough projects to keep me busy daily, and I don't have enough time to contemplate on decorative ideas, so I need you guys to give me tips and pointers.  My taste is more toward the minimalist side, but not that minimal.

You need some shiny sterling silver center pieces on top of that commode.  At least get a sterling tea set or a shiny vase.  I judge the attractiveness of an interior by putting myself in the shoe of a gentleman burglar.  Is there anything in this house I want to steal?  If not, it is ugly.

thinker fairy

that is a long thought.

My head is full of those, think what it is live with them  :p

Offline CoconutXO

Home value always appreciates over time so it's the best investment for anyone to make.

I'd place a couch by the foyer area next to the balcony to make that space more inviting.

Salt blocks can be placed in the adjacent cinema room so you can get salt therapy while watching internet videos.

The best property is a ranch, large enough to grow many types of fruit trees and flowers.

Offline Olive Juice

• Mini Drug Lord
The house sits on a near 3 acres lot, and there will be hundreds of fruit plants.  That was one of my plans. 

Offline CoconutXO

Plenty of room for Goji berries  ;)

Offline Olive Juice

• Mini Drug Lord
Plenty of room for dragon fruits too.  I'll be the dragon fruits kingpin of San Jose.   

San Jose metropolitan area actually has a Vietnamese American population with the highest GDP per capita in America.  In short, Vietnamese Americans living in this area has the highest earning potential, dwarfing even all those Ivy leaguer Vietnamese from the East Coast.  I think you will guys will invent new foods like Kobe Pho and Vietnamese lobster spring roll and make us peasant Vietnamese from Texas look like Bulgarian bac ky.  Poor Gaden, his kids will grow up very deprived.

Plenty of room for dragon fruits too.  I'll be the dragon fruits kingpin of San Jose.

I used to know a Vietnamese girl who grew up in Atherton, CA and she told me her family is only one of two from this area.  She has 4 sisters, the youngest at that time was only 12.  I think some Viet guy from San Jose should hang around the Hometown Noodle Restaurant on Middlefield Road to marry into money.  She had her own chauffer and went to school in Bentleys.

Offline Olive Juice

• Mini Drug Lord
The median cost of a house in San Jose exceeds 1M.  It's getting ridiculously expensive to live here that more people are leaving than entering. I've resided in SJ most of my life and I've never seen so many Vietnamese here, much to my delight.  Viets here are successful, beautiful and wealthy, and they're opening businesses left and right.

San Jose metropolitan area actually has a Vietnamese American population with the highest GDP per capita in America.  In short, Vietnamese American living in this area has the highest earning potential, dwarfing all these Ivy leaguer Vietnamese from the East Coast.  I think you will guys will invent new foods like Kobe Pho and Vietnamese lobster spring roll and make us peasant Vietnamese from Texas look like Bulgarian bac ky.

Offline Olive Juice

• Mini Drug Lord
Atherton, a city full of liberals who hate walls and borders, yet they live in communities with gated fences and big walls. 

I used to know a Vietnamese girl who grew up in Atherton, CA and she told me her family is only one of two from this area.  She has 4 sisters, the youngest at that time was only 12.  I think some Viet guy from San Jose should hang around the Hometown Noodle Restaurant on Middlefield Road to marry into money.  She had her own chauffer and went to school in Bentleys.

Online gaden

• Administrator
  • The Grand Lord of Mopeds
Wow!  I didn't know Houston would be near the top of the list.  Why am I constantly look on Craigslist for free item?  I should be hiring 10 day laborers to build my top of the line tree house.

But I know of a girl from San Jose who moved to Houston because of living expenses.  As soon as she moved in to her house in Houston she got robbed.  They broke in and tied her up and put her in a closet.

Name: Email:
Verification:
How deep is your love? (very deep, shallow, none, FU):

* Recent Posts

Hot girl training to be VC by gaden
[Today at 05:49:02 PM]

No more 3rd world status, Vietnam is on par with Thailand: Saigon Metro by gaden
[Today at 05:32:21 PM]

Rice field arts by CoconutXO
[Today at 12:56:27 AM]

Ultimate Guide to FISH SAUCE - Hot Thai Kitchen by CoconutXO
[Today at 12:27:44 AM]

Classical Conditioning - Ivan Pavlov by CoconutXO
[Today at 12:15:45 AM]

Bánh tráng trộn by CoconutXO
[Today at 12:06:13 AM]

Apple Kohakuto|HidaMari Cooking by CoconutXO
[Yesterday at 11:58:16 PM]

Flew To India Last Minute! Street Food! Indian Food!! Curry! by CoconutXO