collapse

Author Topic: No more 3rd world status, Vietnam is on par with Thailand: Saigon Metro  (Read 437 times)

Offline Guess

Isn’t Thailand third world?

anada

Vietnam is still nowhere near Thailand to be honest  :(

Offline CoconutXO

Pisa scores for Thailand are really low when compared to other neighboring Asian countries. Experts think its educational system needs to be updated.

Offline gaden

• Administrator
  • The Grand Lord of Mopeds
There is only one route and there are no riders yet.  I don't think it will catch up with Thailand in 100 years.

Thailand's metro train is pretty advanced for a long time.  It's probably better than the US.

anada

So what? Thailand has better economy, entertainment, sports teams than Vietnam.
Thailand is at the top in South East Asia. Vietnam isn't. Not yet.
Pisa scores for Thailand are really low when compared to other neighboring Asian countries. Experts thinks its educational system needs to be updated.

Not logical

I don't see the connection in these comparisons. The reasoning behind it is unsupported.

I am richer,  therefore I am better than you.  I am more eloquence, therefore I am better than you.

No, it is rather this: I am richer than you, therefore my property is greater than yours. I am more eloquence, therefore my style is better than yours. You, yourself, however are neither property or style.

How can a person or a country be third world?  You are neither status or property. And who dictate this status? If you believe such nonsense, then you will believe  in anything.

If you are your status and property, then by logic, the things you own are actually your owners. If you are owned by something then you are either a property orva slave.

Khủng long khung

For Buddha's sake. Stop turning yourself to objects of mere matters. Making yourself depedent on the externals, of those who can supply or deny you of those things.

You are easily taken. You believe in things without serious reflection or contemplation. You ignoramus hath brough great shame upon my ancestral land. The same weakminded fools who died in containers for some expensive wooden table. The same father and mother whose children are suffering humiliation in foreign land by the hand if abusive husbands whose view of them as animals. You measured your self worth based on things. Then you project your foolish ignorance into the rest of us.

Gosh, what a bunch of morons. I cringed hard everytime I read these posts.

Nam mo a di da phat. Forgive me lord Buddha, but these are sum dumb motherfuggers. RAWRRR !

Meaning

Third World

Etymology

French demographer, anthropologist and historian Alfred Sauvy, in an article published in the French magazine L'Observateur, August 14, 1952, coined the term Third World (French: Tiers Monde), referring to countries that were unaligned with either the Communist Soviet bloc or the Capitalist NATO bloc during the Cold War.[2] His usage was a reference to the Third Estate, the commoners of France who, before and during the French Revolution, opposed the clergy and nobles, who composed the First Estate and Second Estate, respectively. Sauvy wrote, "This third world ignored, exploited, despised like the third estate also wants to be something."[3] He conveyed the concept of political non-alignment with either the capitalist or communist bloc.[4]

AC phut Thoi nha!

I know how to use google and Wiki.

You do realized that is just someone's opinion, right?

Your life is your thoughts, however, if you do believe it, then it is true to you and those who shared the same sentiments.

AC phut Thoi nha!

You are one of the many conformist sheeple. Not capable to reason and determine your own opinion. Not capable to operate life based on your own logical reason. And why not? You have the power to do so?

If you realized  that life is opinion. You then chose your opinions, considered that it is within your power.  Only a fool choses opinions that is harmful to himself and those around him. You chose to live your life based on someone's negative opinion. It shows lack of self worth, understanding, and cowardice.

So then, is it wrong of me to call you a bunch of dumvases and ignoramus? Or do you prefer the term sheeple?

Offline CoconutXO

Thailand's economy is slightly ahead of VN's, but it's not that rich.

Between 2015 and 2018, the poverty rate in Thailand increased from 7.2 percent to 9.8 percent, and the absolute number of people living in poverty rose from 4.85 million to more than 6.7 million. The increase in poverty in 2018 was widespread - occurring in all regions and in 61 out of 77 provinces.

Places like HK, Singapore, and Macau are great examples for all of Southeast Asia. The heavy emphasis on math and science curriculums in those countries helps to create high paying jobs for the local economies. Many startups don't have enough resources to train new employees, and depend on talent pools from universities, which is why investing in human capital through education is the proper way to go.

If we weren't still hiring great people and pushing ahead at full speed, it would be easy to fall behind and become some mediocre company. I'm mixed on this one. He's got it right that talent is the number one thing. --Bill Gates

Traditional measures of economic growth don’t take into account important benefits of technology and are less relevant to prosperity than they were in a mass-production world. For example, GDP, an important factor in the calculation of productivity, fails to capture many technology-generated improvements in living standards.

These benefits include the greater convenience and better customer experience provided by digital services and the vast amount of information—such as online maps, search results, and social media—available for free and with zero marginal distribution cost. Measurement flaws such as these could partially explain why productivity growth has been so slow over the past few decades, at least according to current metrics.

Rather than seeing technology as having a marginal effect on productivity, we have found a strong relationship between technology spending and economic growth as measured by productivity and GDP. For example, executives can predict with some accuracy the impact on the overall economy of a decline in technology spending.

Whenever companies cut back on discretionary spending in order to shore up profits during a downturn, they slash their investments in technology. Soon afterward, GDP falls dramatically, and, within a few years, labor productivity across the economy falls. (Remember that technological innovation is an important component of productivity.)

The drop in technology intensity that results from a decline in technology spending causes the labor force to shrink, which shows up in productivity up to three years later because productivity is a “stickier” measure. Exhibit 1 shows the relationship between technology intensity and GDP. (A similar pattern exists for productivity.)

https://www.bcg.com/publications/2016/why-the-technology-economy-matters.aspx

anada

HK and Macau are not South East Asia. Singapore is rich but it is small population city state. Thailand is one of the leading nations in South East Asia. Thailand is way ahead of Vietnam.

Offline CoconutXO

Thailand is ahead in GDP when compared to VN, but it's not "way ahead".

Way ahead implies there's a wide margin of separation, and going by this logic then VN is also "way ahead" of Myanmar, which isn't the case.

HK and Macau are geographically South East Asia. It's just not obvious in today's interglacial period.

An interglacial period (or alternatively interglacial, interglaciation) is a geological interval of warmer global average temperature lasting thousands of years that separates consecutive glacial periods within an ice age. The current Holocene interglacial began at the end of the Pleistocene, about 11,700 years ago.

The true shape of Southeast Asia is called Sundaland, and it once stretched from VN's Red River Delta all the way to Taiwan, where the natives are Austronesians.

anada

Who do you think you are fooling with that chart. That chart has Singapore in there. Everything is relative to Singapore that why difference between Vietnam and Thailand doesn't look big. You got to look at the numbers.
GDP per capita 2019: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)_per_capita
Thailand 7,791
Vietnam 2,740
Myanmar 1,244
That's more than $5,000 gap. That's wide margin. Vietnam and Thailand not in the same league.
Just $1,500 gap between Vietnam and Myanmar.
Thailand is ahead in GDP when compared to VN, but it's not "way ahead".

Way ahead implies there's a wide margin of separation, and going by this logic then VN is also "way ahead" of Myanmar, which isn't the case.

HK and Macau are geographically South East Asia. It's just not obvious in today's interglacial period.

The true shape of Southeast Asia is called Sundaland, and it once stretched from VN's Red River Delta all the way to Taiwan, where the natives are Austronesians.

Offline CoconutXO

The baseline cost of living is high in Thailand due the recent surge of the Baht. 

Many digital nomads can live on a baseline of $650 a month. Again, excluding expenses that run annually like insurance, or quarterly like visa runs—these add hundreds of dollars to your average costs, but they will also vary depending on your own insurance costs, costs of running a business, and varying visa costs for some people. Retirees live a bit of a different life—they often buy a condo outright and then have baseline costs of $800 to $1200 for retirees, accounting for healthcare and other expenses. Any way you slice the budget though, it’s more affordable to live in Thailand if you’re able to make a living online. I’ve paid rent in both Orlando and Los Angeles, and my Thailand living costs averaged a third of my previous U.S. living expenses.

https://alittleadrift.com/living-costs-chiang-mai-thailand/amp/

Name: Email:
Verification:
What is love? (bird, flower, ephemeral of life, tattoo, idn):

* Recent Posts

I made sour fish soup by ?
[Today at 07:31:13 PM]

Why are Japanese/Korean men fashion so effeminated? by Guess
[Today at 07:13:01 PM]

Riseofkoba's mother found taking sh1t in malaysia. by Guess
[Today at 07:08:13 PM]

how is it possible for 2 languages that are related to each other sound so diff. by Guess
[Today at 07:07:04 PM]

Why do Vietnamese still eat on the floor in the age of ikea? by Guess
[Today at 06:59:48 PM]

Asians are actually an inferior race, even inferior than mestizos by Deport the Chinese( USA! USA!)
[Today at 05:13:23 PM]

north viet v south viet different race? by Lol
[Today at 07:28:19 AM]

Benefits of yoga by magic wand
[Today at 06:00:01 AM]

Sonia Presta - Toki No Nagare Ni Mi Wo Makase by waikiki
[Today at 05:48:49 AM]

Most realistic depiction of ancient Vietnamese warriors by
[Yesterday at 11:25:25 PM]

troung vu always sings about him being a poorassss by
[Yesterday at 11:17:13 PM]

Hong Kong is now officially another Chinese city by
[Yesterday at 10:55:29 PM]

Japanese song covers by gaden
[Yesterday at 11:08:51 AM]

Lâu Đài Tình Ái (Trần Thiện Thanh) Hương Lan & Thái Châu by squeegee
[Yesterday at 10:16:35 AM]

What different nationalities really look like (No cherry-picking, use Google) by SailorNeptune
[July 13, 2020, 08:34:10 PM]

Vietnam´s Hòn Non Bộ (Penzai/Bonsai) Tech so high, Ming invaders looted library by gaden
[July 13, 2020, 06:10:26 PM]

Stocks & Trades by gaden
[July 13, 2020, 06:00:58 PM]

Vinfast to sell car in US in 2021 by gaden
[July 13, 2020, 04:47:51 PM]

#StopVietCultureTheft:even Mexicans open Banh Mi, Pho restaurants in USA by gaden
[July 13, 2020, 04:44:15 PM]

Hi, has all the Viet posters from EB moved here now? What happened to EB? by gaden
[July 13, 2020, 04:36:29 PM]

Indonesia will execute French pedophile (molested 300+ kids) by firing squad by Deport the Chinese( USA! USA!)
[July 13, 2020, 03:29:53 PM]

Does this song sound kind of Japanese? by Guess
[July 13, 2020, 10:13:59 AM]

Red River flood diversion needs special treatment by convoy
[July 13, 2020, 10:07:14 AM]

Đà Nẵng rolls out the red carpet for US investors by convoy
[July 12, 2020, 10:06:33 PM]

Some Viet Kieu just manchufied (put covid bat wings) the ao dai by Guess
[July 12, 2020, 05:45:02 PM]

Covid19 propaganda song went viral by X
[July 12, 2020, 02:43:48 PM]

The Lý–Song War by Lol
[July 12, 2020, 07:42:43 AM]

Pajama fashion in Vietnam will always be popular by Guess
[July 12, 2020, 12:13:23 AM]

After 20 years planning, they finally start construction of Long Thanh Airport by
[July 11, 2020, 06:13:06 PM]

What are women complaining about? by gaden
[July 11, 2020, 01:22:52 PM]

* News Feeds