collapse

Author Topic: Your garden and plants  (Read 16463 times)

Offline Olive Juice

• Mini Drug Lord
Re: Your garden and plants
« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2020, 06:38:04 PM »
I have several dragon fruit cuttings that I've managed to clone successfully.  They are doing well in a greenhouse environment so I decided to grow more from seeds.  The process is fairly simple.  I placed the seeds on wet paper towel  and then put the towel inside a clamshell.  The seeds germinated within 3 days and, a couple weeks later, they now look like this:

These are the red variety with white flesh.  Has anyone tried the yellow variety yet?  Are they sweeter? 

eggs to seeds

« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2020, 11:22:50 PM »
I only get dragon babies, might be the planted eggs and not seeds. Have to try the seeds too.

Offline Lavender

« Reply #82 on: January 20, 2020, 04:54:06 PM »
any tips on growing lavender?

can you just put some seeds in the ground? they grow wild. When I look up instruction online, looks complicated.

Offline Olive Juice

• Mini Drug Lord
« Reply #83 on: January 20, 2020, 08:04:25 PM »

can you just put some seeds in the ground? they grow wild. When I look up instruction online, looks complicated.
Where have you been all this time?  Good seeing you here again and you better stay put  :p

I've grown lavender and daisies from seeds before.  With lavender, it needs cold stratification which, to say, is a period of cold weather.  Sounds complicated but the germination process is very easy.  Basically, it's almost the same as how I grew dragon fruit plants from seeds.  You could use a dish or a clamshell, a wet paper towel and a ziplock bag.

Start by placing the wet paper towel on the dish.  Next, sprinkle lavender seeds on top of the wet towel and then putting the dish inside the bag.  Next step is placing the whole thing inside a refrigerator for several months.  After several months you can take out the bag and place it under direct sunlight, like on a windowsill.  They will germinate.  I use a tweezer to pick out the sprouts and transfer them to pots.

Cut it, lol

« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2020, 07:55:52 AM »

Lavendel is also possible to grow from a cutting. We just threw seeds on the ground, althought those were bought seeds and not wild.

Offline gaden

• Administrator
  • The Grand Lord of Mopeds
« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2020, 10:57:32 AM »

I grew lavender only once but they didn't do well in the Texas clay soil.  Then a squirrel came by and bit them off.  I had to shoot it.

I believe they only grow in France in chalky rocky soil.  I guess squirrels don't like chalk that's why lavender do well there.

My babies <3

« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2020, 02:47:22 PM »
I yet have to wait many months to plant anything even indoors  :( I grow some pea sprouts etc. of course but it is not same. I have a windy settings for the babies when the time is right to seed them. And no, lamps does not help, well, I don't want to try that which hurts human eyes so... Torturing waiting season is on. Sun is not here yet but when it turns and lights my plant room I cannot stay in my pants but my fingers starts to scrabble mould and seeds and my nose wants to sniff all those fresh babies and my eyes are eating all those bright green colors hungrily and my brain is getting upside down because after this years "winter" , I want to drown myself into green leafs. I wish to be a little bug walking on my sprouts forest  -heart

Well I have no idea if any fruit trees etc. made over "winter" because this was rather horrible nightmare and still not ended yet but at least sun is coming soon. I can adore it and love it a few months and then it becomes too hot for me and I will hate it as every year  :p Lets see what my greenhouse is able to do with plants. My plants moved so many times that they are small and stunted but maybe they will be happy this spring, never know. Plum trees did leafs so late last summer that I almost lost my hope they were alive at all anymore.

I should study that apple thingy because I don't like sour apples but sweet apples but our  winter is too cold for sweet apples and I should graft those sweet on those sour ones but they maybe would still die like roses does. Even burying those roses for the winter did not save them. I do like other roses too but I just wanted to try some tricks to have others too. Some people on the south are able to bury and dig them at spring but I even made a hill above them and they could not survive. Anything for the 2 weeks flowering  -laugh

Has anyone tried jojoba?

Name: Email:
Verification:
How deep is your love? (very deep, shallow, none, FU):

* Recent Posts

Dinhchautuan ngồi ăn cua cùng Trâm by CoconutXO
[Today at 03:00:09 AM]

Busted:Harvard Department Chair of Chemistry worked for CCP by
[Today at 02:49:17 AM]

The Hawaiian Islands, 1924 by CoconutXO
[Today at 02:36:52 AM]

Ly Huong interviews a blind musician by CoconutXO
[Today at 02:23:31 AM]

Sarah Brightman and Fernando Lima pasion by CoconutXO
[Today at 02:11:26 AM]

Excellent read on The Battle of the Little Bighorn by CoconutXO
[Today at 01:55:27 AM]

Thai Giant Alocasia leaf by CoconutXO
[Today at 01:25:51 AM]

Andrew Lloyd Webber, Michael Crawford - The Music Of The Night by CoconutXO
[Today at 01:09:59 AM]

Vietnam population growth in the past & future 100 years comparison by
[Yesterday at 11:02:35 PM]

The great face mask debate rages by convoy
[Yesterday at 10:05:13 PM]

30 year old Dai Gia paid half a million for FUGLY AZZ Chinese furniture by
[Yesterday at 09:38:51 PM]

Why are ghetto artists and music so popular in Vietnam? by
[Yesterday at 09:33:27 PM]

Black Women should Date Asian Men except Filipino because filipinos R the blacks by
[Yesterday at 09:31:48 PM]

Viet Danish couple by
[Yesterday at 09:22:57 PM]

After this virus, I will visit Japan to enjoy their ridiculously cheap cuisine by
[Yesterday at 09:18:07 PM]

My dream girl, I will pay half-million to marry her. by
[Yesterday at 09:15:21 PM]

Masturbating will Boost Your Immune System by Dictator
[Yesterday at 08:20:31 PM]

Organized slum by Lavender
[Yesterday at 05:44:10 PM]

Diary of a garden fairy by Lavender
[Yesterday at 05:16:17 PM]

Can you fake the Vietnamese southern accent? by Lavender
[Yesterday at 05:01:05 PM]

* Provocative Journalism