collapse

Author Topic: Is China 27 years ahead of Vietnam?  (Read 165 times)

Offline UNIFY(하나로 하다)

Is China 27 years ahead of Vietnam?
« on: December 02, 2020, 12:44:21 PM »
Beijing 1993 reminds of Saigon today or are we not so far behind China?`

Offline Guess

Re: Is China 27 years ahead of Vietnam?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2020, 07:44:59 PM »
They did a much better job of preserving old structure.

How long will it take peasant leaders to learn. Lots of ugly new bipuildings.

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2020, 07:40:17 AM »
I disagree.  Most of the old buildings in China were willfully destroyed during the Cultural Revolution of the 1960s while old buildings in Vietnam either got blown up during the war or rot slowly due to neglect.  However, Vietnam is on a path of infrastructural building to attract Chinese tourists so the older buildings will get a makeover as trendy cafes.  Most Asians have a fascination with old things because so much of their history and education are revisionist in nature so they really don´t understand the past as well as people who live in the West do.  For them, the past is romantic in a theatrical sense as props of entertainment rather than in an intellectual sense as reminders of social progress. 

They did a much better job of preserving old structure.

How long will it take peasant leaders to learn. Lots of ugly new bipuildings.

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2020, 07:41:22 AM »
China is about 15 years ahead of Vietnam, but China is slowing down while Vietnam is speeding up so I think within the next 5 years, the developmental gap will be narrower.  China started to develop in the early 1980s, with a huge boost from overseas Chinese (Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, American Chinese, etc.), while Vietnam only started to develop in the late 1990s, almost a 20 years gap with zero overseas Vietnamese support.  The reason is quite simple as no one wants the commies to be rich enough to cause mischief.  Vietnam is on average between 15-20 years behind China in tier 2 cities and probably about 15 years in tier 1 cities like Saigon, Hanoi, Danang.  Maybe Viet comrades will get richer and upgrade to finger lickin´good KFC, but personally I could care less.

Beijing 1993 reminds of Saigon today or are we not so far behind China?`

Offline gaden

• Administrator
  • The Grand Lord of Mopeds
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2020, 02:10:41 PM »
I think VN can surpass China in the period of time given.  For one, China is protectionist which is not good when dealing with the global economy.  China wants everything to itself.  Sooner or later or now foreign investments are deterring off.  Unless China can run on it's domestic economy with all the technology stolen I don't see China with any explosive growth like in the past.

VN is different because of they try to woo foreign investments without stepping on their toes.  Just don't copy China and steal steal steal.

Offline UNIFY(하나로 하다)

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2020, 05:02:26 PM »
I think VN can surpass China in the period of time given.  For one, China is protectionist which is not good when dealing with the global economy.  China wants everything to itself.  Sooner or later or now foreign investments are deterring off.  Unless China can run on it's domestic economy with all the technology stolen I don't see China with any explosive growth like in the past.

VN is different because of they try to woo foreign investments without stepping on their toes.  Just don't copy China and steal steal steal.
If they don't want to become  China 2.0, they can start with dropping the threats of shutting down facebook. Not because fb is so important, but it will scare off investors.

Offline Guess

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2020, 12:13:46 AM »

I don’t think so. It is likely biden will be president, then China is in a favored trade position again!

Offline gaden

• Administrator
  • The Grand Lord of Mopeds
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2020, 06:29:06 PM »
I don’t think so. It is likely biden will be president, then China is in a favored trade position again!

American are in China are only for profits.  They don't think in the future if it hurts American business.  China has 4 times the market size of the US so there is oportunity to grow your business 4x.  But to be in business in CHina corporations have to partner with a Chinese company and transfer the company's technology to them.

What is the Problem of Forced Technology Transfer in China?
https://econofact.org/what-is-the-problem-of-forced-technology-transfer-in-china
China's persistent misappropriation of foreign technology. Forced technology transfer occurs when foreign multinational companies have to provide strategically significant technology to an indigenous entity they do not control in order to gain access to the massive Chinese market.

So once China copies the technology they will manufacture the same product for a cheaper price and drive the American companies out of business.  The trade war is just the beginning process to snap American companies out of such suicidal practices.  I think once they move out they won't return, even with the Biden repeal of Trump tarriffs.  It costs too much to relocate.  But once they establish in VN and if VN behaves well then they will stay.  Just don't follow the Chinese lead of steal steal steal.  Technology transfer will come naturally albeit at a slower pace.

Name: Email:
Verification:
How big is your head? (very big, tiny, idn, this big):

* Recent Posts

* VHNC / VC crap

No posts were found.

* Provocative Journalism / Destructive Power

* News Feeds