collapse

Author Topic: malayan girl visits Vietnam.  (Read 123 times)

Offline Guess

malayan girl visits Vietnam.
« on: January 25, 2021, 09:41:08 AM »
https://ummigoeswhere.com/i-visited-vietnam-and-hated-it/

read the entire article before commening.

Offline gaden

• Administrator
  • The Grand Lord of Mopeds
Re: malayan girl visits Vietnam.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 11:14:05 AM »
If you go to a place and expect similar treatment when you are at home and not trying to understand the culture then more likely you'll hate it.  In Vietnam in the past the people are not used to dealing with tourists so they usually try and exploit tourist dollars at every opportunity.  I believe now it's different with more tourists coming and they learned that having repeat customers is more profitable than scamming people once.

But even with the scams, if you try and understand the local culture then it should be more enjoyable.  VN even with it's rapid modernization still retains that old world feel.  This guy has gone through VN and explores every aspect of the local culture that he finds adventure where ever he goes.

Offline Guess

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2021, 09:11:16 PM »
I think if you’re a foreigner and don’t speak the language will be scammed. When I was staying in Saigon, I went to a semi fancy restaurant by myself and found the prices very close maybe 2/3 of american prices but the egg rolls were very good. Made with rice sheets and not the egg roll wrappers.

The best food was bo bia at a stand and banh cuon in a small restaurant. I think small restaurants are the best. Food stands that look clean also offer the best food.

The kind of scams and behavior she talked about I did encountered at a market in Vung tau but those people were that that way even with locals. My cousin asked very nicely how much and if you don’t like the price, move on.

I was never outright scammed like take a picture and demand money for it. That kind of scam I ran into in Louisiana or even on Hollywood walk of fame.
Point is be very careful when people act friendly and try to draw you into something. Being a tourist makes you a target.

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2021, 03:30:07 AM »
Poverty and living under oppressive regime bring out the worst in people.  When I visit Vietnam, my persona is a Cambodian Viet Kieu Dai Gia returning to the motherland for bun rieu.  They always act surprised when I tip them.  Same Cambodian personal when I visit other Asian countries.   Sometimes I switch to Nepalese just for fun.

Offline gaden

• Administrator
  • The Grand Lord of Mopeds
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2021, 12:23:18 PM »
I sense that Malaysians have some sort of fascination for VN I'm not sure why.  I know of at least 3 Malaysian singers singing in Vietnamese Bolero or pop.  Maybe because they are tired of Islam and wanted to try pork?

Offline Guess

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2021, 08:55:07 PM »
Lots of scams when you’re in a poor country or any poor areas even in developed countries although not as common.

I don’t stand out bc I speak vnmese. I also don’t dress like a tourist.  If you are a woman, don’t wear shorts or super trendy clothes unless you’re a young 20 something. That screams tourist. Don’t wear sun glasses either. You don’t have to wear dreadful pajamas. thin cargo pants or cool linen in neutral colors will do. Don a non la and you are golden. Key is if you speak enough vnmese even when you’re not familiar with the lingo, people don’t mind explaining it to you and are less likely to scam you.

The country side are not scammy. Even the Malay girl didn’t get scammed there.

I have some fond memory walking to the market in the country. Some lady I didn’t even know called out to me “are you so and sos daughter?” Knew my mom apparently.

Vietnam is a crappy country bc of peasant commie leaders but to be fair, there are many nice people there if you know how to present yourself.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Why are you here? (I'm lost, I saw light, idn, dumb question):

* Recent Posts

Vpop songs in my opinion done right by gaden
[Today at 12:47:33 PM]

Post unmixed full blooded Filipino models here by Nagash.
[Today at 12:32:06 PM]

OJ.. we need to help GADEN, QU DON, ATHENA get rich with stocks! by gaden
[Today at 12:31:43 PM]

Are dogs afraid of ghosts? by gaden
[Today at 12:24:08 PM]

uncle Gaden can we have a VR financial section? by gaden
[Today at 11:51:31 AM]

This site gets boring by gaden
[Today at 11:29:29 AM]

Where's captain sidewalk? by gaden
[Today at 11:11:48 AM]

Drug crime on the rise as pandemic continues: official by convoy
[Today at 04:02:59 AM]

OJ have you joined any reddit trading community? by Olive Juice
[Yesterday at 09:15:29 PM]

Stocks & Trades by Olive Juice
[Yesterday at 09:12:33 PM]

LeLouch9/Winner are you a trader or have a background in trading? by 1r0n_m4n_xl
[Yesterday at 09:03:16 PM]

Soft Surrounding dresses look like ao dai by Guess
[Yesterday at 07:46:33 PM]

Five Eyes today’s axis of white supremacy: Global Times Chinese editorial by Guess
[Yesterday at 06:34:24 PM]

why is the filter here? while ch11nks are allowed to f0ck with us. by 1r0n_m4n_xl
[Yesterday at 06:33:47 PM]

How to make $3000:per year in vietnam by Guess
[Yesterday at 06:32:10 PM]

Most comprehensive history of the Trung Sisters by gaden
[Yesterday at 05:28:12 PM]

A mouse ate my noodles and jumped at my face by gaden
[Yesterday at 05:00:05 PM]

Vpop artists are like modern day ''Frankenstein'' and Jekyll and Hyde by gaden
[Yesterday at 04:34:40 PM]

What so great about BTS? by gaden
[Yesterday at 04:25:29 PM]

it's confirm GNAK is Chinese. by 1r0n_m4n_xl