collapse

Author Topic: How many pairs of jeans do you own.  (Read 87 times)

Offline Guess

How many pairs of jeans do you own.
« on: January 26, 2021, 08:39:02 PM »
In my Poor student day, one pair which I changed out every few years.

Now I have 9 pairs. A lot of them because I have been in search of the perfect high waist straight wide leg jeans.

1st pair, actually my size but so stretchy. Now they are two inches too big at the waist. Second time, got a very nice straight leg pair but has rip in the leg style. Along with that a thin light wash apair, nice for the summer but looks frumpy.

Then I thought get a n expensive pair. Followed their measurement instruction and even when down 1 size, still big at the waist.

Then I have a old tight leg high waist one when they first became popular. Fits very nice and thin. I wear them in the summer.

Then a white pair. Waist 2 inches too big even when follow their measurement.

Then I needed a black pair, found two at j crews.They fit very nice so keeping both.

Now I just found high waist one wide leg but not too wide. Waist is nice and tight. Looks perfect. Hopefully will be the last pair I buy.

So hard to find, even when you get the right size and fit, depending on the material, don’t always stay the same, then the hassle buying online and not being able to try them on.

That’s why I try to support brick and mortar stores.

Offline Guess

Re: How many pairs of jeans do you own.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 08:51:51 PM »
This is what they look like. Don’t have a lot of stretch. Hopefully will stay tru to size.

With really stretchy material have to size down.

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2021, 03:41:54 AM »
I basically stopped wearing jeans, uncomfortable, poorly made and the fabric itself has changed very little.  They are basically glorified workwear.   I do like that silk/linen blend joggers as they are nice in all seasons and can be dressed up with a jacket.  Also 1990s pleats are coming back and I really like them.  Much more comfortable than the plain fronts that have ruled dress pants for nearly 2 decades.

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2021, 03:48:48 AM »
This type of 1990s flared exaggerated boot cut jeans are all coming back now but they look terrible on Asians.  The 2010s in terms of trouser forms were kind to Asian people.  Damn this reminds me to really stock up or I will have to spend more money at the tailor in the coming years.

This is what they look like. Don’t have a lot of stretch. Hopefully will stay tru to size.

With really stretchy material have to size down.

Offline gaden

• Administrator
  • The Grand Lord of Mopeds
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2021, 12:10:03 PM »
I have 10 pairs of jeans of different styles.  I wear them mostly because of work and gardening and repairing cars and going to church and supper markets.

I bought 3 pairs of Jeans at Old Navy when they had a sale.  I'm not even sure if it's for ladies but it looks kind of like this with the glaring stitchmarks.

Offline Guess

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2021, 09:08:06 PM »
I basically stopped wearing jeans, uncomfortable, poorly made and the fabric itself has changed very little.  They are basically glorified workwear.   I do like that silk/linen blend joggers as they are nice in all seasons and can be dressed up with a jacket.  Also 1990s pleats are coming back and I really like them.  Much more comfortable than the plain fronts that have ruled dress pants for nearly 2 decades.

I like pleated pants too. They have that nerdy cool 40s vibes. hate the tight pants people wear these days. Look terrible on men especially. High waisted pants are my thing now. They stay put and don’t sag.  better stock up before the style changes again. Another trend I like now are cropped tops. Good on shorties like me.

Buying pants online is very tricky. So far every pair I buy online are too big even when I follow their measurements even with more expensive brands.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Why are you here? (I'm lost, I saw light, idn, dumb question):

* Recent Posts

Vpop songs in my opinion done right by gaden
[Today at 12:47:33 PM]

Post unmixed full blooded Filipino models here by Nagash.
[Today at 12:32:06 PM]

OJ.. we need to help GADEN, QU DON, ATHENA get rich with stocks! by gaden
[Today at 12:31:43 PM]

Are dogs afraid of ghosts? by gaden
[Today at 12:24:08 PM]

uncle Gaden can we have a VR financial section? by gaden
[Today at 11:51:31 AM]

This site gets boring by gaden
[Today at 11:29:29 AM]

Where's captain sidewalk? by gaden
[Today at 11:11:48 AM]

Drug crime on the rise as pandemic continues: official by convoy
[Today at 04:02:59 AM]

OJ have you joined any reddit trading community? by Olive Juice
[Yesterday at 09:15:29 PM]

Stocks & Trades by Olive Juice
[Yesterday at 09:12:33 PM]

LeLouch9/Winner are you a trader or have a background in trading? by 1r0n_m4n_xl
[Yesterday at 09:03:16 PM]

Soft Surrounding dresses look like ao dai by Guess
[Yesterday at 07:46:33 PM]

Five Eyes today’s axis of white supremacy: Global Times Chinese editorial by Guess
[Yesterday at 06:34:24 PM]

why is the filter here? while ch11nks are allowed to f0ck with us. by 1r0n_m4n_xl
[Yesterday at 06:33:47 PM]

How to make $3000:per year in vietnam by Guess
[Yesterday at 06:32:10 PM]

Most comprehensive history of the Trung Sisters by gaden
[Yesterday at 05:28:12 PM]

A mouse ate my noodles and jumped at my face by gaden
[Yesterday at 05:00:05 PM]

Vpop artists are like modern day ''Frankenstein'' and Jekyll and Hyde by gaden
[Yesterday at 04:34:40 PM]

What so great about BTS? by gaden
[Yesterday at 04:25:29 PM]

it's confirm GNAK is Chinese. by 1r0n_m4n_xl